When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TTK's Status on RWG

TwoTone

I've read all the posts since last night carefully. I'm most impressed by Andreww's, since I know TTK and he were and are good friends.

I pride myself on being observant, and I had no idea that he and Pugwash were on the outs now. That's a shock. :mellow:

This suggests to me that TTK's ill-health goes way beyond what we have been told (blepharitis, glaucoma, diabetes).

When you start burning bridges so badly, as Two Tone suggested, and Admin confirmed, there's something ELSE going on than just the usual personality troubles.

Maybe, you know, members on RWG need to reach out to TTK, and PM him over at Repgeek.

Tell him, maybe you never ordered anything, but if he needs to chat to someone on Skype (so as to spare his eyes from typing), you'd be delighted. He sounds like he needs support from the community which has been his life for almost a decade.

And since RWG is his "home base", if you will, I'm sure a part of him he would never acknowledge, felt devastated at the ostracism. Believe me, for reasons I won't get into, I kinda know how he feels...

Lastly, I'll leave the thread with these thoughts.

Remember that massive response he gave in the Religion thread recently? TeeJay said there wasn't a rating available to cover that kind of reply. It was MAJESTIC.

Here it is:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=410035

Personally, never having ordered from him, thus never having spoken to him, that's how I'll remember TTK on RWG.

A brilliant man, done in by his own failings. The world's oldest story.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that massive response he gave in the Religion thread recently? TeeJay said there wasn't a rating available to cover that kind of reply. It was MAJESTIC.

Here it is:

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/emm...god_debate.html

Hey VB,

maybe you know your TTK text from this page? :)

Edited by piratedzeus

maybe you know your TTK text from this page? :)

:o

Dude, even the Tripoli treaty is there. Meh. I feel so...PWNED. :schmoll:

pwned111za6.jpg

Special Note: The WTF rating I gave elsewhere, about this same info above, no longer makes sense. The poster altered his words, without saying it was editted...his post came as a duplicate late correction, ending in "oops" and that annoyed me since I had already acknowledged pwnage. What can I say -- I'm human.

TT & Admins -- I must say that I am a bit miffed to hear that you were forced to ban TTK (note I did say 'forced'). And I am sure there was alot going on privately that I am unaware of concerning TTK & his eccentric business practices. But in view of his recent health issues & (what I thought was a) VERY sincere & heartfelt open letter addressing same, I cannot understand why you felt the need to suspend his Collector status in the 1st place? I mean, talking about kicking a guy when he is down!

I think everyone knows that TTK is a prima donna, especially when he does not get his way. So it comes as no surprise to me that he went off the deep end when informed of the suspension, which, of course, left you no other option than to ban him. That part I understand. But I just wish you could have given the guy a bit more leeway before taking any actions against him (beyond warnings, if required).

And for the record -- I have never purchasing anything from TTK, I have never Skyped TTK and, to be totally honest, I do not even like TTK very much, so I think it is fair to say that my comments are in no way self-serving. Just trying to be fair.

Here it is:

Personally, never having ordered from him, thus never having spoken to him, that's how I'll remember TTK on RWG.

A nice post, but not TTK's own words...

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/emm...god_debate.html

Freddy, the decisions made were not made lightly. Removing his Collector status has been discussed long before his illness came to light. His reaction to that and the ensuing threats are what forced us to BAN him. Nobody feels good about this but it is in the best interests of the forum and after all, that is what we are here for.

Maybe, you know, members on RWG need to reach out to TTK, and PM him over at Repgeek.

Tell him, maybe you never ordered anything, but if he needs to chat to someone on Skype (so as to spare his eyes from typing), you'd be delighted. He sounds like he needs support from the community which has been his life for almost a decade.

And since RWG is his "home base", if you will, I'm sure a part of him he would never acknowledge, felt devastated at the ostracism. Believe me, for reasons I won't get into, I kinda know how he feels...

Send him your picture, Vicky. That should straighten him right out. :whistling:

Ok, in all seriousness, I suppose it takes a woman to feel - or at least to admit to feeling - that kind of compassion for another person: it's to your merit to suggest what you have, and I fully agree with you. In fact, it is probable that his forum friends are already doing just what you've suggested - and as friends, they probably can find the right words to say to say about the situation - which certainly must not be the happiest for TTK - as well as for the RWG administration.

Addendum:

As others here have mentioned, we've been through this before with TTK. Sooner or later, the old bugger always manages a comeback and shows up again like, for some members, the proverbial bad penny. This time, however, it sounds like he's pushed the envelope to new (and for the crew here) particularly unacceptable lengths, and he has me wondering how the hell he's going to work this one out.

For someone like myself - who has a certain affection and respect for both TTK and many of the players involved in this latest chapter of his ongoing psychodrama - it's interesting to see the public reaction(s) to his banning. Whatever one can say about the man, you have to admit that he's news, as they used to say. This thread alone has racked up more than three thousand hits - and still climbing.

TTK: the man they love to hate! :lol: Why do I imagine that somewhere deep down, he revels in it? And perhaps even needs these 'life-and-death' confrontations with others (and probably himself) from time to time? There could be many answers, of course, but one of them may be that after all these years out there in Paradise, he's a bit bored. It's common knowledge that TTK is an old soldier, and if they never die, as the saying goes, it's clear that some of them have the need to keep on fighting. Fighting practically anyone, in fact, since the important thing is the danger and excitement of the fight. Like compulsive gamblers addicted to risk, these guys are profoundly hooked on conflict, to the point of sometimes totally losing it in their quest for the absolute.

All of this speculation is neither here nor there for those most directly involved in the latest chapter of TTK vs The World, and may very well not be well received by them as well. So I'd better stop here - at five in the morning, local time - after adding these lines to a post which I had written practically a day earlier.

As I said above, the idea that prompted me to add these musings was the comment of how we've all seen this before with TTK. Since no one ventured anything to explain why - other than observations about his personality and character that we've also seen before, I thought I would add my two cents worth.

Honi soit qui mal y pense.

...In the end, it's just freakin replicas after all and I'm sure we've all got more important issues to deal with. Lessons learned by everybody

Couldn't have said it better.. Move on guys. It's not the end of the world. ;)

We all backing up our Admin and the mod team decision or we wouldn't have been here in the first place.

As Twotone has pointed out, there is MUCH more to this story than is being shared on the board...from both parties.

Suffice to say (having spoke to TTK) that those Repgeek members still waiting on a watch from him will still have your delivery.

Those members here at RWG will sadly not have your watch. He now has no access to your info stored in a folder in his PM here at RWG, so this ban has had an adverse effect on the few still waiting for a watch.

I'm sure that once TTK is feeling better (probably after he returns home to Scotland and receives proper care) he'll reach out and apologize to the Admin here at RWG, which could facilitate access to info contained here for pending orders and fulfill his obligations, as he takes pride in the fact that he's never scammed anyone.

Sorry.......... I have read lots of your threads and buddy wewere not getting our watches anyways! It's TTK's business model. TTK sells pictures carries no inventory....get it?

That's his forte...selling you pictures! He takes your money then he makes the deal with China. By then, the watches are either out of production or bought up by other collectors and TTK is out in the cold. Usually a businees runs on capital. This business model didn't. So when money came, those outstanding orders/those complaining members, got their items(if available) not the watches that were ordered by members with sent monies for said watches. Need I paint you a better picture? Enough said....you must have gotten the drift by now (if you haven't already known).

As to the action taken by RWG Admin I am truly surprised that they did not have the cops involved in this. Anyone that makes threats (as I am lead to believe were made) is asking for legal action and jail time. All I can say to TwoTone and T is that they have NOTHING to apologize for nor to feel bad about about. No one is above the law. NO ONE.

As for that famous TTK camera that some members so dearly love, I am sure you can get your taste of iagain via personal emails. Enough said! Whew.

OK. Here's where the whole argument breaks down. RWG mods are a bit like pub regulars who think that because they spend most of their life in a pub they could run one themselves.

Good luck to you guys. The only reason RWG exists is because there are (or were) people willing not to rob you of $$$$ (or

r11co-

No one told Neil how to run his business. Quite the contrary, he largely did whatever he wanted. And in the end that is not what killed him here. When he fell behind he was asked to slow down, stop taking new orders and fulfill his obligations from past orders - more than reasonable. What killed him was his complete disregard for common human decency coupled with over the top threats. If you threaten someone it is a whole new ball game - kill or be killed. And guess what.. If anyone threatens the forum or persons doing what they can to keep it going than they are going to be banned - pure and simple.

And here is what puts it in perspective, Neil has managed to get himself banned from 4 out of the 5 major rep forums of the last few years. So my advice to all who miss him (and I must confess that I have from time to time enjoyed his ascerbic wit) is not to hold your breath over here but head over to Geek or skype him because at present no one else is putting up with him here or RWG 1 or TRC or RWI.

Having said all that I wish him no ill will. I hope his health rebounds and his business thrives. Just not here now.

I do not look at the events that have transpired over the last 2 day's as a "win-win" situation ....

TTk did what he did... RWG's Admin Team Did What Was right and Warranted

TTK has his supporters.... RWG's Admin Team Is Here To Support the Forum

We, the Members are here to Support RWG

So me thinks it's time to ........

"IMUA RWG" > MOVE FORWARD RWG .. INTO THE FUTURE.. time to cleanse

AND LOOK AHEAD and NOT BACK

doveofpeacewm3.jpg

Maluhia O KA I

The Peace of "I".. not the Worlds Peace for that I cannot give.. just My Peace... "The Peace of I"

Just for Today... forget our differences with one another and cleanse... just for today.. B)

OK. Here's where the whole argument breaks down. RWG mods are a bit like pub regulars who think that because they spend most of their life in a pub they could run one themselves.

Good luck to you guys. The only reason RWG exists is because there are (or were) people willing not to rob you of $$$$ (or

Props to the admin team on the difficult decision they had to collectively make. but threats should never be tolerated in this place. As TT have said, "wounds are deep", and like many other admins have said, there are a lot of things that went behind the scene that we do not know about. it's the right decision to make, and since Neil had never scam anyone, I certainly hope everyone that had participated in the group buy will get their watches.

Keep up the good work, admin team. we are lucky to have you guys look out for the forum's best interests......

Neil has managed to get himself banned from 4 out of the 5 major rep forums of the last few years. So my advice to all who miss him (and I must confess that I have from time to time enjoyed his ascerbic wit) is not to hold your breath over here but head over to Geek or skype him because at present no one else is putting up with him here or RWG 1 or TRC or RWI.

Please let me take the spin off that story for those who are maybe late to the party and are not aware of the history and background of the "4 out of the 5" major rep fora.

To be banned from RWGII (ie. here) and TRC does not count as two separate offences for they are owned and run by the same person (despite attempts to whitewash over that fact during the recent 'crippler' scam).

As for RWG I, that was a rudderless ship abandoned and heavily criticised by almost all who are original signatories here (including Neil) because it was the subject of a massive scam of its members by its AWOL admin (which is the reason why Admin, already the admin of TRC, decided to establish this place), so to be banned from it hardly counts as a demerit.

Those members here at RWG will sadly not have your watch. He now has no access to your info stored in a folder in his PM here at RWG, so this ban has had an adverse effect on the few still waiting for a watch.

This bears keeping in mind. This does indeed go deeper than meets the eye, and believe me folks you are not being told the whole story. The decision to ban Neil will indeed make it difficult for him to resolve issues with members here, and for that RWG must take some responsibility. This action can and should be interpreted as a punitive and tactical one in order to make Neil appear in a worse light, and that is exactly what is going on here.

There is a possibility that by making this post I too will suffer a similar fate ie. censorship, banning and besmirching.

The good thing about something like this is that people aren't dumb, and they can make up their own minds. Any time someone tells you that they're going to let you know "what's really been going on", you're basically insulting the intelligence of people that don't need your help to frame the events that have taken place. I think you'd agree that there's been a high degree of consensus amongst members about this decision. Do you believe that the vast majority of folks are just not bright enough to form their own thought based on the evidence?

I like this example to lead off, because it attempts to frame this issue in terms of a social scenario that would elicit sympathy through the idea that TTK is in some way the victim here, due to the ignorance of the burden he carries as a dealer. I think it's the argument made by despots everywhere- you need me, because without me, the burden of having to come up with a better option is too much for sheep-like consumers like ourselves. We need TTK in the form of the watch mafia to "mystify" the process of purchasing a watch.

The classic argument of TTK- something else is going on that requires you to buy into his model of why his practices are actually necessary or intrinsic to selling reps, not a reflection of any personal failing of his own, however he chooses to martryr himself in the interest of the pattern of his method justifying himself .

This bears keeping in mind. This does indeed go deeper than meets the eye, and believe me folks you are not being told the whole story. The decision to ban Neil will indeed make it difficult for him to resolve issues with members here, and for that RWG must take some responsibility. This action can and should be interpreted as a punitive and tactical one in order to make Neil appear in a worse light, and that is exactly what is going on here.

There is a possibility that by making this post I too will suffer a similar fate ie. censorship, banning and besmirching.

What a total cop-out. If Neil had a shred of moral fibre in his body, the fact that he was banned from RWG would not impact on his decision to follow through on business committments that were made between individuals. I hope that Neil is arrogant enough to believe that if he scams people here on the basis of having been banned, he won't be held accountable.

What a douche!! :lol:

RWG, this really should be a powerful lesson in what can happen when you let someone like TTK slip through the cracks for too long. You allow someone like this to stick around, even in the face of evidence that there is a major problem, and you're bound to run into situations like this. When you're dealing with someone with no moral compass regarding business practices, you cannot act surprised when he turns that same corrupted morality back on you.