When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My James Bond Project

bertieng

Have been dreaming for ages for the James Bond Sub. Deeply inspired by this clip

post-943-1205595087_thumb.png

So made up my mind and determined to go for it. Now my dream comes true.

post-943-1205595178_thumb.jpgpost-943-1205595207_thumb.jpgpost-943-1205595235_thumb.jpgpost-943-1205595275_thumb.jpgpost-943-1205595299_thumb.jpg

Spec:

Cal.1030/T19 Superdome/8mm Brevet crown/Gilt h.m. hands/White big bubble second hand/James Bone bezel insert + dial/Nato strap

What more improvement is needed......................? Perhaps a 7206 bracelet?

Guest carlsbadrolex

Hey, those CG's are a little thin... ;)

Very nice work, and a very nice watch!

Now you need a Walther PPK and an Astin Martin and your very best British accent and you will get all the hot chicks!

I don't know how anyone affords those bloody NDtrading or vietnam cases, etc..

They're so expensive. I would kill to have a 1655 rep or one of their 1665 reps, but they're just too much money for me at this point.

It seems to me like there's been a broadening out of options for rep cases to build on. I wish there were a way that we could get them at a discount to their general market value to non-replica aware people who are obviously going to be price gouged as a result.

Nice watch!

Damn, where have I seen this before... ?

:g:

Lol... you are right... I bet hyowever that the philosofy of this topic express many of us if not all of us... Think of how many times have u been inspired by a clip or a pic to starting to want a watch badly..... B)

I remember when one of the rep site board members worked with one of the trusted dealers to make a BOND sub. (maybe 2 years ago) After months of waiting the results were disappointing but I bought the watch anyway. It had a thin case similar to a datejust and a smallish datejust like crown. This watch above is so fantastic ...why would it be so difficult to mimic? We have the pictures ...lets get a dealer to make this exact watch! I would buy T W O in an instant.

I know there is disagreement as to what exactly the BOND sub was but there is no doubt that Sean Connery wore a sub with a big Brevet crown and from all that I have read it is generally agreed that the watch also had a thick case (as the one does above). The coin edge bezel is also a must as would be the large dome crystal.

I have contacted KING and asked hew to see if she can have the watch made as pictured. The responce was very enthusiastic! Lets see what she can do.

I have contacted KING and asked hew to see if she can have the watch made as pictured. The responce was very enthusiastic! Lets see what she can do.