When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what do you do for a living?

blade007

Nice thread dakku,

I am a car designer. I use to work at Seat in Barcelona, but I was sended to Audi Ingolstadt (Germany) for 6 months...that end up being more than 4 years! Time goes so fast :( Hope I 'm going back to Seat in october :rolleyes:

By the way, I have been designing some boats lately, working as freelancer.

This goes for fulanito_uk: In case you are involved in the production process of the yachts... If you need some design for Yachts I can offer you good design ( scketch and fotorealistic) and A class CAD surface.

Well, I hope is not forbidden to do other bussines than reps in this forum :p

I'm a freelance art consultant. Here's a re-post of an explanation of that, with a few pics :)

To put it simply, in the main, I 'draw stuff' for people. I've had projects ranging from wedding dress designs, to tattoo stencils and just about everything in between. I can also advise people on other 'artistic projects' like interior design, custom car graphics, etc. Here're a few examples of projects I've done:

cartoon to mock a devout communist:

6f373a44.jpg

rough concept art for a car I would like to build/have built at some point in the future. The Mazda 'Viper':

8be9e891.jpg

stencil/layout of a tattoo sleeve I planned to have done but decided against:

rightarm.jpg

custom requested forum signature bar:

CopyofCopyofsigstrip.jpg

car graphics re-created from existing car via use of 'in-game' manipulator :

existing car:

Nissan%20Skyline%202Fast%202Furious.jpg

my recreation of it (as closely as the manipulator (and from memory) would allow):

17-06-07_1611.jpg

hand-drawn mural at friend's place of work:

(before)

start.jpg

(in progress)

outlinedrag.jpg

(completed)

c0e3d160.jpg

e83c4d01.jpg

ca125ac3.jpg

Sorry if it's a bit 'off topic', but felt this was the easiest way to explain what I do. Hope folks like the pics :)

Fun thread! A lot of creative people in here!

I am an senior engineer in the oil-business, work with subsea field developments and operations. It is busy times with todays oil prices.

Previously I worked offshore, travelled to different oil rigs and ran drilling equipment (MWD). Quite hard work, but well paid and interesting.

My Seamaster Bond replica stood well with me all the time offshore and gained a natural vintage look. :)

Cool. Which series?

(I'm a huge road-racing fan)

I work in the US. I'd been with the Yamaha road race team for the last 5yrs. AMA Superbike Series. Won 4 SS championships with Jamie Hacking and Aaron Gobert during that time. They needed help in the MX/SX side of the race shop this year, so I have been working with Chad Reed in the AMA/FIM "World" Supercross series this year.

Was with Factory Kawasaki for a bit with Doug Chandler and Eric Bostrom. Worked at Ohlins for a few years, helping with the Ducati boys. Anthony Gobert and then Ben Bostrom. Was a factory KYB tech for MX/SX race support and OEM production vehicle development for all of the Big 4 Japanese Mfgs. before that.

I skipped over a bunch more that came inbetween those stops. So I guess you could say that I've been around. hahaha

I'm know as the suspension [censored] in my circle. :p

Ya, I'm a huge fan of RR too.

Where do you live? I'm guessing somewhere in the EU by your sig.

I am an architectural designer and a DCC artist. In short, I am a one man show from beginning to end for my architectural projects.

I am also the guy that translates the architectural staffs IT issues to our IT staff. it is actually the part of my job that takes the most effort.

I have degrees in French Linguistics and International Relations. I'm studying for the United States Foreign Service Officer Exam. For the last 2.5 years I've been working as an English and French professor/translator here in Madrid, Spain and before in Perugia, Italy. I also work (on the side) as a tour manager coordinating groups of American High School kids coming over to europe for 1-2week educational tours. (Basically they pay me to travel around europe with groups of americans).

Not a hot-shot like most of you.. but i'm on my way :-)

Edited by plaifender

what a nice response guys. I am finding this very intersting. A lot of creative and technical people here. Which may explain why we choose Mechanical watches that are designed with passion...

creative?technical?I teach people how to lift heavy objects for a living. :D

"consultant"

Well that covers a lot of ground :lol:

I was a selfemployed consultant for analytical instrument applications for many years.

Now my job title is Senior Field Support Engineer for analytical instruments - not that much differnce I guess.

I work in the US. I'd been with the Yamaha road race team for the last 5yrs. AMA Superbike Series. Won 4 SS championships with Jamie Hacking and Aaron Gobert during that time. They needed help in the MX/SX side of the race shop this year, so I have been working with Chad Reed in the AMA/FIM "World" Supercross series this year.

Was with Factory Kawasaki for a bit with Doug Chandler and Eric Bostrom. Worked at Ohlins for a few years, helping with the Ducati boys. Anthony Gobert and then Ben Bostrom. Was a factory KYB tech for MX/SX race support and OEM production vehicle development for all of the Big 4 Japanese Mfgs. before that.

I skipped over a bunch more that came inbetween those stops. So I guess you could say that I've been around. hahaha

I'm know as the suspension [censored] in my circle. :p

Ya, I'm a huge fan of RR too.

Where do you live? I'm guessing somewhere in the EU by your sig.

I am very green with ENVY :o

Lucky guy ^_^

I work on a loading dock for the Midwest's largest pet wholesaler. I can't get promoted because I work for family and I should be grateful, or be happy to help or something. Plus I'm the best they ever had. Just like the old saying "Don't be irreplaceable, if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted."

I'm going back to college in January, and my decision is not being supported, but actually being treated as if I told every one to F off!!!

I don't hate my job, I just don't want to work there.