When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which replica in your collection

vlydog

Apart from a couple of franken PAMs that have a high content of genuine parts I have a IWC GST Ti with a Swiss 7750 and gen dial that it's easy to forget is a rep. However, straight out of the box the SOSF and the Ingy take some beating. Both feel very similar to the genuine item and with Swiss ETA movements they operate flawlessly. Both keepers for sure.

Although not the most accurate in my collection, my black Tag Heuer Link Chrono is the only rep that I would comfortably wear in company of gen owners.

It doesn't look too expensive on me, TAGs are generally not under the suspicion of being fake and after The Zigmeister serviced the movement, put on his magic lume and swapped the date wheel, it emotionally feels as a gen to me.. :)

mbw nautilus for sure. After my watchsmith didnt recognize it as a replica, until he opened it (and he is a true nerd), i feel very comfortable wearing it.

There are so many variations of the 3700, so no one will ever suspect it is a rep.

And the finish and feel is beyond any gen ive owned anyway.

mbw nautilus for sure. After my watchsmith didnt recognize it as a replica, until he opened it (and he is a true nerd), i feel very comfortable wearing it.

There are so many variations of the 3700, so no one will ever suspect it is a rep.

And the finish and feel is beyond any gen ive owned anyway.

Good to know. This is one I have been looking at. True also is the fact that there are many variations;-).

Good to know. This is one I have been looking at. True also is the fact that there are many variations;-).

I can only recommend it. I removed the second hand though. Makes it look more clean imo.

Its the watch ive been wearing the most for the last year. It even came to the point where i considered digging up the cash for a gen. Then i looked at my wrist and thought. what for LOL :D :D

This one:

IMG_5686.jpg

Aside from the slightly aged looking lume, and an extremely minor CG issue, it looks feels and runs like a gen...Since it in effect has a movement made by Omega(ETA 2836-2), I look at is as a "very close second"...

And then there's this:

IMG_5623.jpg

I have never actually held a genuine 036 in my sweaty palms,(only a few ever have!!) but I cannot imagine it being a whole lot different on the wrist than this!!

I have a few... here they are as a "top three" count-down:

#3: Patek Philippe Nautilus Jumbo

dsc09009aj7.jpg

+Perfect dimensions to genuine.

+Incredible high-quality construction, up to the standards of high-end swiss brands.

+Beautiful light reflection capability just like real.

+Bracelet identical to genuine

+All pieces "fit" together well.

-Date is shifted too far left (both in terms of the aperture itself and the wheel, font) (looks good 1-19, but horrible 20-31. Anyone else get this?)

-Face has some inconsistencies with genuine model.

-Rubbish Lume

-The clasp is very hard to pull open when closed, you have to fight with it to literally pry it open.

-Power reserve of just 28hrs.

-12:00 hour markers are kinda wonky and the white substance is overflowing.

-Crown looks retarded if you've ever seen the gen.

#2: Omega Seamaster Professional Chronograph.

dsc05363to2.jpg

+Great lume

+Accurate case, bracelet, and dimensions.

+Near-perfect face

+Realistically heavy weight.

+Runs perfect - just like swiss.

+Clasp opens very easily.

-Poor date font.

-Clasp closes only after several attempts, divers extension always pops out when opened.

#1: Breitling Chronomat Evolution Chronograph, with "haute joallerie" bezel

dsc09363oh7.jpg

+Perfect face

+Clasp opens and closes with absolutely no effort - just like real.

+Bracelet looks perfect to genuine.

+Reflects light better than any watch I've handled.

+Time-telling is perfect, if it is too fast or too slow then I certainly won't even know about it.

+Date font is thick, and centered proper.

+Bezel diamonds are realistic to genuine.

+Anti-Reflective Coating makes the watch feel truly genuine.

+All dimensions perfect

+Fantastic lume

+Super heavy weight- quality expensive feel.

-Date font is decent from 1-19, but looks really good from 20-31.

-4:00 hour marker is wonky, with the bottom portion cut crooked. Unnoticeable except under very close scrutiny.

Edited by Corgi

BCE is tops in my book for "feel" and looks.

Ingy and UPO have the looks of the gens, but the casebacks are just a bit shy of high-end gen finishing, in my opinion. They both have slightly rough edges that I'd be suprised if the gens had. If I wear the UPO for 4-5 straight days, the case back even irritates my wrist a bit. But then, I haven't worn the gens of either of these watches, so it is possible that the gens fall a bit short in this area as well.

For looks, feel, and comfort, none of my watches top the BCE.

My rep Submariner feels identical to the gen Submariner I tried on in an AD, and declined to purchase, because I didn't feel it was worth the money, as it left me unimpressed. I'd also say my 2531.80 is pretty close to the feel of the genuine. I've never worn (or even seen) a genuine PAM, so I can't compare my reps to them in that way. However, I would say that the 127 is the watch I feel most comfortable wearing. I rarely take it off (if only to exchange it for my 029a) and would be happy wearing it in the presense of gen owners. The ones I have worn it infront of, never made comment or even glance at it, it just slipped 'under the radar'. Then again, Panerai is such an obscure brand, compared to names like Omega and Rolex, I don't think folks even know what they are. The only person who has commented on it, only thought it was worth