When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Look what I found.....in my UPO

jeroen1985

Let's see what the dealer reply is and should give him some time to make it right.

Of course he will doing things right... :rolleyes: and he will give one million jutification reasons, like all others do, and happen to me too... they just want to keep there business alive <_<

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a UPO from the 'trusted dealer' that i always use that was obviously a Chinese rep mvmt although i paid the swiss price...he told me it had been 'washed'.

Put it down to experience and if it lasts a year and gets a few comments then it ain't that bad... word to the wise, most dealers that are 'trusted' are making alot of money from us and the people that produce our reps and are not concerned with the quality of the watches they drop ship.

'His customer service is excellent' = People are happy when the package arrives with something that resembles a luxury watch...from a distance!

Be lucky all :)

I shipped 2 UPOs back to Precious Time because of the wrong movement...and he is one of the better dealers. His communication was great and he eventually made good on the deal but it took nearly 4 months and $$$ in shipping fees. Not to mention it was incredibly frustrating.

The fact of the matter is that ETA are indeed drying up. It's been no secret that UPO's and probably several other watches are shipping with a different movement than what's advertised. A very small percentage of us open them up and check it out though so there's no way to verify this. I bet many of us would be amazed to find what's beating inside our cases.

Hey, that is 100% chicken right there. NO REFUND FOR YOU.

I guess the dealers are going to try to keep right on selling ETA movements even when there are no ETA movements? The fact is, they have discovered that we will pay $300+ for a watch, so the good watches are going to cost $300+ no matter what.

We will probably just see a lot less nice non-chrono watches and more A7750s.

This all sucks of course, especially for the noobs who are still building up their collections.

For us older members this is one more reason to treasure our old reps with genuine Swiss ETAs.

I won't be very fast to jump into conclusion to blame the dealer. I don't think it's very practical for any dealers to open every single caseback before shipping. Either they themselves are conned by the factory without having knowledge that it comes with non ETA movement or, less likely, are purposely conning you.

Let's see what the dealer reply is and should give him some time to make it right.

PS: I will pick this movement over rusty/old real ETA movement :p but hey that's just me.

Amen to all the above! ;)

Amen to all the above! ;)

Hmm, I want you guys for customers. It's OK to try to pull a fast one as long as I fix it when I get caught?

Q: Since there IS NO UPO LITE ANYMORE, why is there an Asian movement in this watch?

A: This is what you get from now on when you order a Swiss movement. Have a nice day.

IMO ... I thought it was well known and clear to almost everybody that when dealers saying ETA or Valjoux .. they really mean Asian clone of .....and when they saying Swiss or True Swiss ETA or Valjoux they mean Swiss and they should deliver a Swiss movement.

Normally if the sell a "true Swiss" you can tell from the price (significantly higher).

If they say true Swiss and they price it as such ...and what you receive is an Asia clone of .... then you have all the rights to send it back and ask for refund.

If they say Swiss and they price it at normal prices .... you better confirm this again with them cause most propably you will receive an Asia clone of.

If they say Swiss and they price it at normal prices .... you better confirm this again with them cause most propably you will receive an Asia clone of.

For everybody, what is a"normal" price is not very explicit/informative. Do you think (for member/supporter) that it can be a good idea to elaborate a price range for an exemple a PO or a UPO with Swiss ETA 2824-2, with a Asian clone 2824, and with a Asia 21J Automatic mvt (japenese version) sometime called "lite" version, and put these info in sticky area of this forum?

Josh swears up and down that he doesnt drop ship and that he QCs every watch before it goes out....how could that be when so many members are getting watches with the WRONG movement....

The first watch I got from Andrew had the wrong movement in it....was 2834 instead of 2836-2....I know that these movements are basically the same....but still....what I got and what was advertisied were two different things....I was expecting gold plated 2836-2 and got silver 2834....

Even Ruby....who has excellent product and customer service....sent me a Day Date with ETA clone....

Does this look right to you?

DSC00338.JPG

It seems to be a pretty hearty movement so I didnt bother sending it back or complaining....but still....I over paid....and many others are as well from many of our trusted dealers....

Maybe we are better off buying cheapo reps with asians inside and just ordering the ETA movement from offrei....then putting em inside....will cost ya more....but then you know what your getting....

It may not be practical for dealers to inspect every watch and therefore opening every caseback and check the movement, but its also not 'practical' for them to start charging ETA prices when they know that these movements are not ETA.

Are we to believe they're not aware, well they certainly are reading these forums so they can figure it from the topics. If they are aware that the movements are not eta, but nevertheless advertize them as such and then charge prices which suit ETA movement watches, thats sucking every dollar out of us they can.

If they are not aware, then this means that they are getting scammed from the factories because the dealers should know from their buy in price.

EuroTimez is a dealer who knows exactly what movement is in his watches and he also said that dealers probably know from their buy in prices as well.

Dealers need to stop charging high prices for watches which contain cheap asian 'eta clones'!

All this begin to sound like a rebeliion :protest:

This business need to receive some discipline, and that will start with customer, by his experience of loosing his money (fooled) or his time consuming by sending back the watch, wait, etc. time is money, everybody know that in business.

If the problem come from factory, and the dealers are fooled, it's the dealer responsability to fix his problem with them and to respect the contract between them :rtfm: it's not our business, and I don't want to know, we have enough problem on our side, just with customs, and paying an astronomic shipping fee, so no justification will be accepted. Imagine if you bought a GEN watch, and you receive an NOS in it, and the dealer say to you "ho! this is out of my control, etc." trust me, you will NEVER buy from them again, from this brand and from this dealer. So it's the same with rep business. $300USD is NOT cheap for a lot of us here. Some work HARD to accumulate this kind of amount.

This issue really disturbs me. As someone fairly new to the rep scene, and somebody who is willing to pay the premium for an ETA movement, when I order a watch I expect that movement. Having said that, unlike many here, I couldn't distinguish an ETA from a bad Chinese fake when I open the caseback. The only thing I have to go on is dealer reputation.

I am well aware that the dealers may be unaware of non ETA movement being substituted due to ETA availability issues. However, they are now aware of it and should make the manufacturers aware of it. I personally like the movement in this particular watch as it seems to look closer to what is under the hood of a genuine Planet Ocean. But, It is still Asian and has nowhere near the value of the ETA version. If there is indeed an ETA shortage, bump the price on the ETAs and offer these Asian versions for $150. Do not try and scam us by substitution. As this is a first time occurrence I'll let it slide as the dealer may not have known, but it better not happen again or the thread will be a lot less pleasant!

(...) I guess I just like this forum, the people here are very interesting and it's a very good forum even if reps are IMO,,,,a big waste of money (sorry).

Well Chris, i'm afraid you are totally, 1000 %, absolutely .............. right ;)

It is REALLY the very last time i buy a rep ... promised ! :lol:

Xel

On Angus's website you can get the UPO with Asian clone for $238, and using a drop down menu select Swiss ETA for $278......

http://www.puretimewatch.com/index.php?pro...icture_id=95227

So it would seem it is possible to know what you are buying, and that certain dealers are aware of the difference in the movements too :)

I would assume the Asian clones are probably available elswhere for about $200 is delivered, if you ask about. As mentioned before, I would prefer a new Asian clone, than an old stock Swiss ETA....

I am well aware that the dealers may be unaware of non ETA movement being substituted due to ETA availability issues. However, they are now aware of it and should make the manufacturers aware of it. I personally like the movement in this particular watch as it seems to look closer to what is under the hood of a genuine Planet Ocean. But, It is still Asian and has nowhere near the value of the ETA version. If there is indeed an ETA shortage, bump the price on the ETAs and offer these Asian versions for $150. Do not try and scam us by substitution. As this is a first time occurrence I'll let it slide as the dealer may not have known, but it better not happen again or the thread will be a lot less pleasant!

Amen