When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor 9411 FrankenSub

ubiquitous

Thank you for the story of how your T9411 came to be Ubi... that put's (for me) more relavance into the timepiece.. reading about the Journey.. although I think this was your humble "readers digest version" and condensed for the thread :lol: .. I'm literally drooling over your dials .. since you posted them yesterday.. been back to admire them this morning with coffee.. :p

It's really not the value of the genuine that intrigues me .. but the design of the dial lines and those HANDS.. sheesh.. :rolleyes:

Live Strong and Wear it Well Ubi..

Aloha~Cheers

R (too)

Nice work Ubi. This one is definately creeping up on my "Must do" project list.

Thanks for the inspiration. Between this and the genuine's posted by TMG and Jetsons I feeling the love :wub:

Is that an MBW 1680 case you used?

I agree, the watch is truly an inspiration and (one day) on the "to do" list!

Wear it well!

JoJo

Ubi - I am not a snowflake fan (I prefer the rose Tudor subs), but I loved the walk through. I think I would have gone with the NOS dial though. The aged lume is nice, but a genuine dial with pristine white markers just ices the cake as far as I am concerned. So is that an NDTrading/Vietnamese case? It looks like it, but I am sure it will look alot better after it has been given the Ubi treatment (Ubi'd). ;)

Thanks for the kind words everyone :) These projects are always a labor of love; lots of time, effort and money spent, but the end result is a watch I take a lot of pride in. I think that's what I enjoy the most with the finished product; looking down at my wrist and knowing what went into the watch that I had a hand in building :) Of course, it's the road to get there that I truly enjoy... It's one thing to be on the hunt for a complete watch, but another to be on the hunt for individual components and watch it all come together...

At any rate...

...I think I would have gone with the NOS dial though. The aged lume is nice, but a genuine dial with pristine white markers just ices the cake as far as I am concerned.

Don't worry... I have plenty of plans ahead of me with regards to projects ;)

IMG_3591.jpg

IMG_3593.jpg

Thinking of maybe doing a Rose as well; I had built one a few years back, though I have to admit that my standpoint is the opposite to yours; the Rose ranks low on my preference list...

As for the case... I'll let you guys guess. What's the consensus? What are your thoughts? :)

All the best...

R

Omg i wake up and then this ;)

I love it snowflake sub is something i had my eyes on now for ages ... as some other people noticeably Steph im sure :) looks like he is still sleeping since he did not post here yet :p

Well its never over guys ... im marking this at the top of my wish list and hopefully a 2008 project for me ...

Congrats UBI and thx for sharing ...

regards Laz

It's a funny thing, the Tudor Snowflake bug has bit me hard in the last month too. Wonder how that works?

It's a spectacular piece, R! Well done!

It's a funny thing, the Tudor Snowflake bug has bit me hard in the last month too. Wonder how that works?

Posts like this don't help, now I'm totally into these. In less then 12 hours I even changed my opinion on the hands,,,,now I have to do something like this. I did a little searching to see a project more within my means and found one based on a Sandoz with an Mkii dial and hands by customwatchparts. Nothing close to your project, but seems like something I might do.