When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Start of the week wrist check

Stephane

Nope, its the all white dial and subdial! Same dial of the GEN that went for Half a million dollars! That's probably why it went for

that because of the uniqueness of the dal!

Oh that 1. Is someone making a rep version? If so, I would love to see some good, clear pics. I was not aware a rep was available.

The ammo strap really works on it...have you given it a shot on your wrist? :)

I used to have a 1950 (& a few other Pans), but I always thought it looked silly on my 7" wrist. So I sold them all (Pans). I still think they are cool watches, just not for me.

Storm! That was fast! Nice! Looks good on your wrist!

This today, going with the flow!

DaytonaBlk1.jpg

I had seen a few Gen GMT11c's and really just had to get one, kind of learning that sometimes " if you snooze, you loose" in this game, so I jumped on the 2nd batch of CHS's.

But given yours and Freddy's Daytona's I see that I am now Missing a white faced Daytona, or any Daytona from my collection

AGGGHHHHHH

Yours looks awesome on leather, is that similar to the Josh 7750 version, I am a ludite when it comes to Daytona, so why is yours different to Freddy's version?.

I used to have a 1950 (& a few other Pans), but I always thought it looked silly on my 7" wrist. So I sold them all (Pans). I still think they are cool watches, just not for me.

My wrist is smaller than yours. :o It seems to look funny when I'm just looking at my wrist, but from farther away in a mirror, I love the look of it.

Today i'm wearing the new kid on the block

IMG_2765.jpg

It will need some work but i already like the way it came out of the box. Only thing that sucks thats it's a real noisy movement.

Carpe diem

Cats

I had seen a few Gen GMT11c's and really just had to get one, kind of learning that sometimes " if you snooze, you loose" in this game, so I jumped on the 2nd batch of CHS's.

But given yours and Freddy's Daytona's I see that I am now Missing a white faced Daytona, or any Daytona from my collection

AGGGHHHHHH

Yours looks awesome on leather, is that similar to the Josh 7750 version, I am a ludite when it comes to Daytona, so why is yours different to Freddy's version?.

Hi Storm!

Yup, mine is the Over-The-Shelf Joshua 7750 Version. I Just throw in a Black croc strap! Freddy's I believe is a highly modified one with probably a Zenith or (can't remember) manual wind

movement! Freddy is the connoissuer of the Daytonas and had posted a lot of excellent article about it! He's the man and he actually help me decide on which one to get! He probably have

half a dozen or more of the Daytonas.........

Ok freddy, time for you to chime in here!

BTW: If you decide to order this from Joshua, make sure to asked him to QC and regulate it for you koz the first one I got was problematic. The 2nd one he sent is perfect! Just don't wear

it in water. In the kitchen or bathroom sink to wash your hands......ok!

Freddy's I believe is a highly modified one with probably a Zenith or (can't remember) manual wind movement! Freddy is the connoissuer of the Daytonas and had posted a lot of excellent article about it! He's the man and he actually help me decide on which one to get! He probably have

half a dozen or more of the Daytonas.........

Ok freddy, time for you to chime in here!

Well, only cause you asked

hangingdaytonas005906o1.jpg

But, actually, my 116520 contains the original, 1st generation A7750 with Josh's beautiful rotor swapped in. I also fit my watch with a set of gen pushers & chrono & second hands (unfortunately, the gen minute & hour hand holes were much too large to fit the 7750's pinions).

You Can Build a Nearly Perfect 116520 Daytona contains most of the construction details, along with a link to the original powdered graphite post.

Anyone considering a Zenith Daytona should search out Ubi's wonderful construction articles. He is The Man for 16520 frankens (not me).

I'm still wearing my 104, but swapping between the rubber strap and SS Bracelet. I've got the review written, all I need to do is get the photos taken. Everytime I plan to do them, something crops up and takes priority...

For someone who doesn't really like date windows (had to re-set the datewheel today <_< ) and prefers the base dials to those with the second sweep, I really like the 104 :D The dial just balances itself out, and the watch is really versatile, so great to wear with any outfit ^_^