When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review/Pictorial of my GEN. Rolex Explorer II (White)

lazarini

Rolex Explorer II - 16570 - White Dial

DSC02643.jpg

Hi all ;)

This topic sounds familiar :rolleyes: yes?

If so this means u have read my good friend Stephan's review of his genuine 16570 black dial explorer II if not i suggest u do so by clicking here : Stephane and his black dialed 16570 beauty

By-Thor has written a great review with smashing photos of his white dialed franken EXP. II worth checking out here: By-Thor Franken EXP II review

by saying that i will keep this more on a pictorial level but feel free to ask any questions u might have ill do my best to answer them ...

Before i skip to pictures some "THANK YOU"s are in order :

It needs to be understood that this specific Rolex Explorer II is just that in true sense of the models name! It had traveled and explored the world from TEXAS USA to Washington DC USA to ROME Italy EU to BRNO Czech Republic EU to final destination BRATISLAVA SLOVAKIA my wrist B)!!!

addingwatch/J: for selling me this watch and being a great gentleman in the process ... he basically agreed to sell me the watch on just my word and waited while i collected the funds seriously he coud sell this much easier but understood my enthusiasm and shared it with me ... man that what the RWG is all about!

DuDro/D: i have received the box and papers separately via post but the watch came hand delivered ... i have posted in Supporters area if someone would be kind enough to bring it anywhere in EU and same day received a PM from D. He was happy enough to bring it over while going to vacation the trip was smooth and watch was picked by my GF friend in Italy. My hat of to u dear sir.

Nika: my GFs colleague friend who picked up the watch in Italy directly from D. and brought it to Brno, CZ where we drove last week to pick it up with my GF from Bratislava!

TO all RWG: There is no doubt this would not be possible i have not joined this boards and met so many great people i THANK YOU all for this ... special shout out to the EURO GTG CREW u know who u are guys thx for ure support!

OKA hope u managed through that i just had to share this amazing story ... now lets role the pictures shall we :)

few basic ones ...

DSC02650.jpg

DSC02652.jpg

DSC02667.jpg

closeups ...

DSC02679.jpg

DSC02692.jpg

DSC02681.jpg

DSC02683.jpg

DSC02688.jpg

DSC02687.jpg

luuuume ....

DSC02655.jpg

on the wrist ...

DSC02659.jpg

DSC02656.jpg

3 different clothing scenarios --- the great versatility of this watch !

on the north pole ;)

DSC02718.jpg

Camo casual Friday out with the boys ;)

DSC02706.jpg

Meeting with that important client u might say ;)

DSC02701.jpg

Conclusion and my personal notes:

Well i love it ... hahah how classic u might think but let me tell u i had my share of replica watches and still do but this one just has that extra thing and no its not because it has papers and box.

The attention to details and supreme end finish is something that rep factories just cant achieve and i mean never! When u wear it for a week like i did now u just feel the difference. Bracelet is butter setting time is smooth watch runs - 2 sec a day and has never been open!

I'm glad i have purchased this watch and since its my first Genuine Rolex whatever happens i will never forget it specially because of the story how i managed to acquire it :)

I hope u enjoyed this pictorial and felt a bit of the warmness that was filling my hart while i was writing it !

STAY COOL RWG B)

Laz --- over and out ! :wub:

Great watch and story! :) Love the "versatility pictures"!

White dial Explorer is my favorite Rolex, (at least among the affordable ones..). With its white dial and fixed bezel, it looks very non-Rolex like, still it is a true toolwatch and part of Rolex-history.

I am a bit jealous. ;) ...Wear it well!

By the way.. It also looks good on rubber.. :p

expIIonrubber_2.jpg

It's a beauty of course!

Explorer II is one of those watches that never gets the attention it deserves. It's probably the coolest Rolex out there. Very understated watch, and definitely not something that people even notice. But that's exactly why I love it.

One of my favorite watches ever, and excellent choice for a gen. It's a bit perverse that ExpII is cheaper than Submariner in the 2nd hand market, because the 3185 is a superior movement compared to the robust but simple 3135.

PS: I'm ready to buy a gen 16710 (funds are ready), as soon as I find a decent deal in the EU area. I would be looking for a gen ExpII too, if I weren't so lucky with finding my excellent franken. :)

Great story and fantastic review.

This is a all time Classic and with Lugholes. ;)

Laz my friend its a really beauty and I love the white Dial.

Wear it well and never sell it.

(Damn I sold my gen Sub with Lugholes in the past :bangin: :bangin: )

Congrats to your beauty

Hi Laz,

Congratulation. I'm very Jealous. This is the Rolex that originally attracted my attention many years ago. Unfortunately (but not too unfortunately), the day I went to make my purchase, I decided on a regular Sub instead. I actually hope to add one of these to my collection some day. Enjoy, and make sure you never sell it (or if you do, sell it to me :) )

Best regards,

B

@ all

thx guys for your nice comments i am super happy with the watch and have serious problems to wear anithing else ATM ;)

The story behind the watch is a huge tribute to to RWG and all of you who helped one way or the other to make it happen.

my salute tu u ... kind regards Laz