When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Better photos of the new model Submariner (gen)

By-Tor

<shamelessly stolen from a gen forum>

I think it looks cheap. The pearl especially. The blue color is rather ugly too... and I'm usually a big fan of blue dial watches. :yuk:

So I wouldn't be surprised if the 16610 prices skyrocketed after releasing the SS version of this.

91954e05.jpg

be84829d.jpg

Yeah I agree. It looks very cheap, and very "replica like". That pearl just screams Canal Street. I can almost see a tip of glue squeezing out underneath. :D

Yeah I agree. It looks very cheap, and very "replica like". That pearl just screams Canal Street. I can almost see a tip of glue squeezing out underneath. :D

That is indeed a rep like watch. Poor Rolex fans :shock:

It hurts.

You're right.

We should buy a gen 16610 NOW.

They will grow in value for sure.

Anyone want to trade a gen Explorer II for a gen 16610 (both with lugholes pls) :victory:

Tastes do indeed vary... No suprise that some would find this model attractive, but to me it just looks like a fantasy rep. Now in person it may look completely different, but I still think I won't be too keen on this blue. To me the definitive color for the Submariner is black.

Sweet. I already have a canal street rep that will be a perfect base for this one. It already has that great pearl, those sweet ass crown guards, and the maxi markers. I only need a ceramic insert and all done. Got to be careful tho, if I polish it too much the brass will show through.

Sorry, I threw up in my mouth a little thinking about it. Maybe it's the excitement of being the first to own this POS.

I saw it also time before

The new modells are damn ugly

like Yachtmaster 2 and Deep Sea.

Like Steph say save some money and buy a gen

before prices grow up.

Shame to Rolex for this ugly pieces.

<shamelessly stolen from a gen forum>

I think it looks cheap. The pearl especially. The blue color is rather ugly too... and I'm usually a big fan of blue dial watches. :yuk:

So I wouldn't be surprised if the 16610 prices skyrocketed after releasing the SS version of this.

91954e05.jpg

be84829d.jpg

Btw

there was also a blue Submariner in steel years ago.

But this one was build only for the Asian market.

It was also a ugly watch ;)

Yes, I've seen a picture of it. I know how popular it is, but I always thought that the green one (LV) is rather silly looking too. :)

The choice of blue for this watch is just horrid. It's like 1970's bathroom tile blue. I mean there are literally thousands of combinations of color that could be used and it looks as if they just pointed at one and said: "what the hell, let's go with this one"

Bad choice. I guess they forgot to use the Pantone Color Chart for reference.

I love the green on my LV, however...a buddy of mine just got a (second hand) GEN 50th and it's quite nice.