When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So who is getting the I-Phone tomorrow?

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

The A.T & T store by my house received 50 of the new 8gb iphones and only 25 of the 16gb... Anyone else getting up tomorrow to pick one up???

I just want the 2.0 software update... not a fan of the new material...back looks cheap/probably [censored] for longevity/durability plus I'm not paying an extra $10 a month for 3G when all the malls, my home, and work all have A/B/G/preN wireless...

I won't be in line. I'm keeping it old school with a 5 year old Sony Palm PDA and a basic, 4 year old Samsung cellphone. Together they aren't nearly as good as an iPhone, but I take pleasure in seeing my equipment get old and used. I cherish every scratch and every ding. When they finally die after years of loyal service, I feel sad, like a good friend of mine has passed away.

Edited by client9

I just want the 2.0 software update... not a fan of the new material...back looks cheap/probably [censored] for longevity/durability plus I'm not paying an extra $10 a month for 3G when all the malls, my home, and work all have A/B/G/preN wireless...

A college of mine has upgrade to 2.0 today.

Some nice inprovements but the Appstore sucks.

You must now pay for Apps that you get from the old installer

for free.

But I will sell my old Iphone and get a new one with 3G

while I'm in Europe and Edge is so damn slow.

The "coolness factor" quickly wears off with the iphone.. its super cool but i went back to my blackberry and the iphone sits in the desk drawer now.

100% agree... at least i have a 500 dollar MP3 player, basically its a backup phone for when I inevitably lose, or break my BB curve...

I like my curve, but I've been thinking about switching to at&t when my contract is up and getting the iphone, mainly for the big screen. I browse a lot on my pda so that will be nice. I wish RIM would make an iphone competitor, rumor was the 99xx series would be but the prototype or whatever is out and its definately not.

How much is that thing gonna be with a new at&t contract?

O2 seem to have made a farce of the 3G iphone. I was going to upgrade my V1 but their website died the other day when they opened it for upgrades. I'll just wait until the demand dies down and they have some stock then I'll upgrade. I did consider going to an O2 shop today but to be honest I couldn't be bothered.

I like my curve, but I've been thinking about switching to at&t when my contract is up and getting the iphone, mainly for the big screen. I browse a lot on my pda so that will be nice. I wish RIM would make an iphone competitor, rumor was the 99xx series would be but the prototype or whatever is out and its definately not.

How much is that thing gonna be with a new at&t contract?

8GB $199 16GB $299... plan starts at $90/month w/ no text and unlimited data.. total over two year MANDATORY contract $2578 (w/ the 16GB phone)*

all pased on US plans and info

I went and took a look at them this morning, I will also stick with my Nokia N95.

Answer is no.... for now.

I'm sticking with my N82.

Waiting to see the new Blackberry come out and get that (or iPhone) as a business phone for free.

The new Nokia N96 looks decent though :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sadly no xenon flash... but the N82 does the same stuff, but has half the 256mb RAM of the N96.

Don't mean to go off topic here but the new ipod, you know the one that is just like the iphone but without the phone, what are your thoughts on those. It seems like a cell phone is a cell...but the new ipods seem like they're worth a look.

No idea, never had an ipod, my phones have always played music and had memory card slots - sony ericsson w810i, sony ericsson k800i, nokia N82.... I'm happy with that. 2x8gb cards is enough for me usually, work is only a 10-15 min walk from home - why do you think I stayed here so long on relatively low pay ;)

Guest carlsbadrolex

I know three people who attempted to update the software on their old iphones today. ALL THREE are bricked now! Wont do anything.

OOPS!

I know three people who attempted to update the software on their old iphones today. ALL THREE are bricked now! Wont do anything.

OOPS!

There are various ways through this, texting them at a certain point in the cycle appears to free them up apparently. Mine is staying un-updated for a few days though.

What I am looking for is a phone that takes 2 sim cards, which the iphone doesn't. There are ways to do it but thta means cutting the sims to fit, there is only one phone on the market at the moment I know of that will take 2 cards and do the job seemlessly, the samsung duo (that I know of). That is what the next phones need IMO.