When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2. Run of thick crowns!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HI all

the reason why the shipments are a bit slow is the following:

i had some problems with the batch of crowns i received last week (i get them batch by batch because the threadings have to be cut in). and these caused the slowing down of my output: the crowns I got last week had threadings which were not 100% so i checked how to solve this and decided to do recut the threadings by hand (each crown). i test the crowns with the stems before shipping so its sure that the customer has no problems with screwing in. that did not help my time schedule but anyway, i want to make things 100% and i think it does not help anyone when they have trouble with screwing in the stem.

A good news is: i have a big bunch of packages ready today and a big run of crowns received today and a will pack up more this evening! So I hope to catch up this week again!!

i am really sorry because this whole thing does take longer than initially planned but i am working on my limit. all i can say is I really appreciate your patience! i mean i really do not feel good (and do not sleep good :blink: ) because usually i stick to my schedule but sometimes its just not possible when things happen. I know how it is to wait and I fully understand your possible anger because I am a customer in a lot of projects here too!

but as i said: everyone will get their crowns, thats for sure! the downside is that some needed to wait a bit longer than planned. and it seems that i am not the only one with time problems during such projects if you see on the board (seems that if this is common when you have third parties involved like CNC shops etc. dealing with these is a PITA!)

i think i will not do such a big project again (or only with more helping hands involved) because its just too much hassle and time. also the members here are only a part of the customers who get crowns. we have customers over here in another forum and in real life too, so the number of orders is bigger than it seems, therefore the amount of work. :wounded1: but not to give a wrong impression: i do not complain about the work, only that it takes longer when [censored] happens...ARGH!

again: sorry for the waiting time. Now I have to go and pack up some crowns LOL

cheers palp!

just for clarification because i had some questions about it:

Not all shipments are delayed, only a part of the crowns (the part i received last week) had the problem with the threadings.

Edited by palpatine

Speaking from experience, what palp says is exactly right. All these third pary "contractors"--CNC shops, printers, etc--have regular customers and more lucrative orders coming in. When one of their "regulars" or a big, time sensitive order comes in the door, you get bumped. That's just the way it goes. Patience is golden, guys.

Palp, are any of the newest run 2.0 or 1.9?

HI all

the reason why the shipments are a bit slow is the following:

i had some problems with the batch of crowns i received last week (i get them batch by batch because the threadings have to be cut in). and these caused the slowing down of my output: the crowns I got last week had threadings which were not 100% so i checked how to solve this and decided to do recut the threadings by hand (each crown). i test the crowns with the stems before shipping so its sure that the customer has no problems with screwing in. that did not help my time schedule but anyway, i want to make things 100% and i think it does not help anyone when they have trouble with screwing in the stem.

A good news is: i have a big bunch of packages ready today and a big run of crowns received today and a will pack up more this evening! So I hope to catch up this week again!!

i am really sorry because this whole thing does take longer than initially planned but i am working on my limit. all i can say is I really appreciate your patience! i mean i really do not feel good (and do not sleep good :blink: ) because usually i stick to my schedule but sometimes its just not possible when things happen. I know how it is to wait and I fully understand your possible anger because I am a customer in a lot of projects here too!

but as i said: everyone will get their crowns, thats for sure! the downside is that some needed to wait a bit longer than planned. and it seems that i am not the only one with time problems during such projects if you see on the board (seems that if this is common when you have third parties involved like CNC shops etc. dealing with these is a PITA!)

i think i will not do such a big project again (or only with more helping hands involved) because its just too much hassle and time. also the members here are only a part of the customers who get crowns. we have customers over here in another forum and in real life too, so the number of orders is bigger than it seems, therefore the amount of work. :wounded1: but not to give a wrong impression: i do not complain about the work, only that it takes longer when [censored] happens...ARGH!

again: sorry for the waiting time. Now I have to go and pack up some crowns LOL

cheers palp!

just for clarification because i had some questions about it:

Not all shipments are delayed, only a part of the crowns (the part i received last week) had the problem with the threadings.

• 2 weeks later...