When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Midweek Wrist-Check (August 20-22, 2008)

TwoTone

Navitimer for me today...

Love the Strap on this bad boy...

TT

dscn0843fy6.jpg

Nice rep, TT, but I seriously question whether Breitling could fit one more line, number, dial, letter, or doodad into that thing without it imploding under its own density. I'm telling you, man, you should really think about a nice Rado or Movado for a change.

V- Starting them young, eh?

That little one has some good taste!

Of course :D

The problem-happy moment will be when and if we will have a second son that I will have to buy another 'gen' to give it to him when he will grow up.. When i will have first use it for 20 years so that he will remember his father wearing it :p;)

So let's hope the second one will be a boy and not a girl :rolleyes:

Just dug into this guy to fix the dial----it's worked for three years with no issues.

A month or two ago the dial started to 'slide' around in the case---

turns out it isn't attached to anything and only held in place by the movement spacers and the tite fit.

Finally had the balls to pull out my small screwdriver set (i worked as a low-voltage electrician for a bit)

and dig into her. Was impressed with the durability and feel of the ETA movement.

Somehow didn't destroy it and was able to unscrew the back, take out the crown, pull out the movement, reset the dial etc

without visibly wrecking anything.

jaeger.jpg

Now I want to adjust/regulate my Panerai Black Seal 183, which came out of the box running slow.

Edited by porschespeedster

This today

DSC00450.jpg

as i was sailing one of these, it was like compareing a skate boardto a range rover compared to what i normaly sail, it would be enough to say the 177 proved water proof again MANY times! I was good at capsize drills by the end of the day.

raceSail.jpg

And a railmaster day tomorrow

SD530010.jpg

I had to appear on camera today & after wearing either my beater or the black thing for the past 2 days, I decided to go for something completely different.

So I tried the VC Jumping Hours :unsure:

stripedsleeves0461.jpg

Nice, but no horseshoe. :(

So I decided to go gen :unsure:

stripedsleeves20081.jpg

Better, but I still wasn't feelin' it. :(

So, being the clever guy I am, I decided to try a completely different gen :unsure:

stripedsleeves0761.jpg

But, in the end, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. :(

I left with the black thing on my wrist :whistling:

stripedsleeves20171.jpg

Finally had the balls to pull out my small screwdriver set (i worked as a low-voltage electrician for a bit)

and dig into her. Somehow didn't destroy it and was able to unscrew the back, take out the crown, pull out the movement, reset the dial etc

without visibly wrecking anything.

:good:

Decided to wear my Titanium. Most be carefull not to scratch it to much with my cruches

IMG_1389.jpg

Replaced the nice strap for a croco i recently bought ( don't have a wrist shot of it )

IMG_2955.jpg

Carpe Diem

Cats