When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is That The Big Pilot?

alant

Mmmm... this looks nothing like what i was hoping for :( I've been waiting on the BP for such a long time, most of you probably wheren't busy with rep collecting... and than they come with this piece of c r a p ? I am disappointed... waiting for so long and listeing to the stories they where going to copy the movement and even a longer lasting power reserve... now they offer us a faux PR. And the date is too low... and the lume is probably absent or way too weak.... crown is no screw down.

... and they want $200,- for it. :lol:

And who says our Asian friend don't have a sense of humor :rofl:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sql_pl

You s sometimes seem to be too Anal.

It is not a 500 bucks super rep.

It is a very close 200 dollar rep of a watch that many of us would kill for and wanted to get for a long long time.

I ordered and I feel no remorse... even after reading your posts :) :)

It is not a 500 bucks super rep.

It is a very close 200 dollar rep of a watch that many of us would kill for and wanted to get for a long long time.

I ordered and I feel no remorse... even after reading your posts :) :)

I think this is a problem now though (nothing against your purchase I am sure you will enjoy it SQL). Due to the prices of reps being so high now, we have become somewhat blase about prices. Seeing a rep for 200USD we automatically think how well priced it is, however when you actually consider the movement and what you're getting it is alot of money to be laying down for a rep.

Edited by b16a2

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger. I've wanted this watch for a while. Looks beautiful.

What do you guys think, brown or black leather strap? The black looks great with the dial, but I have a brown croc strap on my SOSF (with black dial), that looks nice, too. Is either more accurate?

Any thoughts, brown or black strap?

I'm still gonna enjoy mine, all the comments aside. This is extremely close to the original in looks. Personally I could care less about the movement flaws, and yes, $200 is a lot for a 21J. Still, It's a very close forgery and looks great on the wrist.

I'm a hugh Big pilot fan so this pilot's for me.

Thanx for the compliment my friend :p

For this watch $200,- or even $100,- would be overpriced for this perfectionist... i'd rather spent $400 on a superrep or $200 on a decent rep, where the PR is working, the datewheel in not too recessed and the crown is screwdown... -_-

Here are the specs of the genuine:

- Inner case: soft iron for protection against magnetic fields

- Glass: sapphire, convex, antireflective, resistant against pressure drop

- Crown: screwed

- Water-resistant: 6 bar

- Case diameter: 46.2 mm

- Case height: 15.8 mm

- Weight: stainless steel with crocodile leather strap: 147 g

So my question... if they made it as 1:1 copy from the genuine, why doesn't it have a screwdown crown?

I don't care if it is a 7 day PR movement... but i do care that the PR is functional.

And after many, many watches being copied and commented by us... they should know how important superlume is to all of us, especially with such a watch.

So when i do the math on this one it looks like it's a part of a 1:1 copy project... part of the case was used in the best case scenario. The dial with a faux PR and a cheap ass movement. And some of us are cheering like this is actually something special. Please... let's stay cool and sensible. This is not the BP we all have been waiting for!

Maybe i'm too anal... maybe some of you just get carried away... i still hope you prove me wrong, but i doubt you will.

I just read that on RWI, can somebody verify that?

"I just read through this whole thread, particularly the argument about why the PR is non-working. I cannot believe no one figured this one out yet, as it should be plain as day. The reason we've never seen an accurrate Big Pilot before now is because it was impossible to rep that watch with correct date window placement using any of the existing Asian movements. The much ballyhooed Asian PR movement, as used in the Porto 7 Days, is a very small movement. That's why the date window on the Porto 7 Days is placed much too high on the dial. As a result, that rep looks laughably fake.

Based on the photos I've seen (and a little common sense), it's clear that the movement in this new Big Pilot is the old 21,6 version of the A7750 with the chrono module removed. This is why the date window placement is correct. The A7750 is just a larger diameter movement. Note that this is NOT the same movement used in the Ultimate Chopard XL, as some have claimed. That movement is based on the 28,8 version of the A7750. That movement is a workhorse based on my experience. What remains to be seen is whether or not this modified 21,6 A7750 is reliable at all. As we all know, a standard 21,6 A7750 chrono movement can be riddled with problems. I've never owned one that could keep decent time in the first place.

The manufacturer of the BP had to choose between correct date window placement or working PR. Since this is a rep, and APPEARANCE is everything with a rep, I believe they made the right decision. It would be nice if the PR indicator actually MOVED, however. I think the major tell on this watch will be that every rep out there will have the PR indicator pointing in the same position!

Regardless, I'll probably buy one if I can get a good deal on it. You're getting 360 grade steel, sapphire crystal with double AR, and an upgraded quality strap, all for under $200. Not a bargain, but not a massive rip-off either."

is that true?

if the movement is a A7750 21,6 version, without chrono modul, with would have a reliable movement.

Edited by trombone

"I just read through this whole thread, particularly the argument about why the PR is non-working. I cannot believe no one figured this one out yet, as it should be plain as day. The reason we've never seen an accurrate Big Pilot before now is because it was impossible to rep that watch with correct date window placement using any of the existing Asian movements. The much ballyhooed Asian PR movement, as used in the Porto 7 Days, is a very small movement. That's why the date window on the Porto 7 Days is placed much too high on the dial. As a result, that rep looks laughably fake.

Based on the photos I've seen (and a little common sense), it's clear that the movement in this new Big Pilot is the old 21,6 version of the A7750 with the chrono module removed. This is why the date window placement is correct. The A7750 is just a larger diameter movement. Note that this is NOT the same movement used in the Ultimate Chopard XL, as some have claimed. That movement is based on the 28,8 version of the A7750. That movement is a workhorse based on my experience. What remains to be seen is whether or not this modified 21,6 A7750 is reliable at all. As we all know, a standard 21,6 A7750 chrono movement can be riddled with problems. I've never owned one that could keep decent time in the first place.

The manufacturer of the BP had to choose between correct date window placement or working PR. Since this is a rep, and APPEARANCE is everything with a rep, I believe they made the right decision. It would be nice if the PR indicator actually MOVED, however. I think the major tell on this watch will be that every rep out there will have the PR indicator pointing in the same position!

Regardless, I'll probably buy one if I can get a good deal on it. You're getting 360 grade steel, sapphire crystal with double AR, and an upgraded quality strap, all for under $200. Not a bargain, but not a massive rip-off either."

is that true?

if the movement is a A7750 21,6 version, without chrono modul, we would have a reliable movement.

I think this is could be true... or not. But it somehow doesn't make sense. Why is the gap between the datewheel and the dial so large?

It somehow looks like they put somehting in between the dial and the movement...

I can't make sense of it... it is strange...

Guest hoopty
look at the date window and how the surround goes down throught the dial and the closenes to the dial, they made this from a gen come on!

Now look at the rep

I am sorry, The watch pictures as GEN is the wrong alteration.

Watch pictured above is a Platinum edition

This is what they made it from:

02148_1.jpg

The Gen 5002

Though the flaw stated is very minimal can easily be tapered with a Silver marker.

Edited by hoopty

Anyone got a working tracking for their BP?

I got my tracking like 5 days ago and it still shows no info....

Hey

I have the same problem, but not only for this order. I have another watch tracking (from another dealer) that doesnt work. And about 3 other ems trackings for cloth from different dealers and all doesnt work.

I think there have a problem in china.

Someone knows more?`??

Based on pictures on Kings site, movement in this rep is definitely NOT A7750 of any kind, not even close. It does look very much like movement in Chopard MM GT XL lite.

regards

is that true?

if the movement is a A7750 21,6 version, without chrono modul, with would have a reliable movement.