When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is That The Big Pilot?

alant

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger. I've wanted this watch for a while. Looks beautiful.

What do you guys think, brown or black leather strap? The black looks great with the dial, but I have a brown croc strap on my SOSF (with black dial), that looks nice, too. Is either more accurate?

This type or rep should be selling 100 dollar.

Why? They will sell just as many at $200... selling this rep for $100 would be an idiotic business move. I am hoping for the strap to be of good quality, supposedly it is, that`s worth an extra $100 right there.

5002 looks much better than the 5004, thank god they repped the right version and not the ugly sibling. A pilot watch should have a rough look, the 5004 looks to clean, like a Big Portugese... imo.

Thats probably one of the reasons the 5002 are more sought after and holds a higher value.

The strange thing is that I enquired with Angus about this watch. I asked him about 2 weeks ago whether there was a big pilot in the works.

Angus replied that yes there was one just about to be released, but it wasn't being made using a genuine as an example...

This has just been released and Jandrew are stating that a genuine has been used....make of that what you will.

An asian 21k movement with fixed power reserve it certainly won't be getting my money, especially when a Chopard GT XL with the same movement can be bought for half the price!

The strange thing is that I enquired with Angus about this watch. I asked him about 2 weeks ago whether there was a big pilot in the works.

Angus replied that yes there was one just about to be released, but it wasn't being made using a genuine as an example...

This has just been released and Jandrew are stating that a genuine has been used....make of that what you will.

An asian 21k movement with fixed power reserve it certainly won't be getting my money, especially when a Chopard GT XL with the same movement can be bought for half the price!

andrews description of the watch says:

"special project by us"

do anybody know, if it has a screw-down crown?

I know you can't tell us the answers - but can you tell us the questions you asked?

I think this is the copy of the valagranges movement that we have seen in the choppard. (loud rotor)

My questions are after reading Joshuas description on his site and his anouncement of the watch here on RWG

a. "Faux PR", does it move at all, ie does it on a full charge record 7 days but when not worn wind down to 0 in 2 days like the IWC porto?

b. "one peice crown with O ring", is this a screw down or not? with a crown that big it would not be hard to rip it out if it was not screwed down!

c. How is the lume, this should have outstanding lume, i could live with good lume like my railmaster has but this should be outstanding! Josh can we have an honest lume shot please.

Is what i asked and the answers did not make me want to buy one

andrews description of the watch says:

"special project by us"

do anybody know, if it has a screw-down crown?

quote from Joshua's site;

'Made with a Genuine watch as Sample'

quote from Andrew's site;

'Made with Genuine watch as sample'

Jandrew say it is made with a genuine as an example, I was informed differently from a reliable source who I would trust over Jandrew.

That's beside the point really, but if they didn't use the genuine as an example which I suspect they didn't, then there is no reason why the price would be so high for what is essentially a very cheap watch. 200USD is alot of money for a watch with this movement in my opinion. Before I get the response of 'well don't buy it' that ius not the point I am making here. It is purely that this isn't as much as a bargain as we think in my opinion.

I think this is the copy of the valagranges movement that we have seen in the choppard. (loud rotor)

My questions are after reading Joshuas description on his site and his anouncement of the watch here on RWG

a. "Faux PR", does it move at all, ie does it on a full charge record 7 days but when not worn wind down to 0 in 2 days like the IWC porto?

b. "one peice crown with O ring", is this a screw down or not? with a crown that big it would not be hard to rip it out if it was not screwed down!

c. How is the lume, this should have outstanding lume, i could live with good lume like my railmaster has but this should be outstanding! Josh can we have an honest lume shot please.

Is what i asked and the answers did not make me want to buy one

Thanks Andy - appreciate it.

The crown question is a very good one - I wouldn't have thought of that.

Looks like it has screw down crown with o-ring. Yap I do agree why can't they place the power reserve indicator at 7 so at least when people ask can tell them just wind it so full power now. Imagine at 6, someone ask may I try to wind the watch and no matter how they wind, the indicator won't show a 7???

Imagine at 6, someone ask may I try to wind the watch and no matter how they wind, the indicator won't show a 7???

Why in the heck would somebody ask you if they can wind your Watch...

Or wind it so much that they would move the indicator...

I'm staying away from your friends...

They're weird...

:lol:

:animal_rooster:

Amen to that. And in fairness to the factories, this is a tough watch to get perfect and the bar is high on it to begin with. The PR, the size, the datewidow are always going to be tall orders for Asian movements with any sort of reliability for sure. The best reps will continue to be 7750, 2824, 2836, 2892, 6497 based for obvious reasons. I doubt if this watch can realistically ever be done as a 1:1 because of logistics issues inside the case related to the movement.

I am not getting this one. I'd hate to be disappointed with it.

If it's not a near-perfect replica, what's the point these days?