When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Zinedine Zidane Shows how to End your football world cup Career ??

Guest RolexRich

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was his foul really that hard, or was he suckered into one of the worst moves of his career?

I don't mean to let him off lightly, but I think he fell prey to a very crafty bit of psychological gamesmanship, and perhaps acting as well. But he took the bait when he could have served his team and fans much, much better by keeping control, and that's the most important thing.

If that happened in a hockey game we could have seen a good, old fashioned brawl and mayhem. Sometimes I feel football is for sissies. :lol:

If that happened in a hockey game we could have seen a good, old fashioned brawl and mayhem. Sometimes I feel football is for sissies. :lol:

You haven't seen AFL footy, pull a stunt like that and there gunna be 40 guy's throwing haymakers at each other :Jumpy:

Ken

I like the fact that soccer doesn't indulge this sort of nonsense, compared to hockey and other sports. It makes for a much superior sport, experience for fans, and example for young people. I think the amount of brawling that takes place is one reason why hockey is not more popular in north america than it is.

I like the fact that soccer doesn't indulge this sort of nonsense, compared to hockey and other sports.

No, they leave the brawling up to the fans...

Worse fans in any sport in my humble opinion...

In the last 50 years how many fans have died at a Hockey game or an American football game?

No, they leave the brawling up to the fans...

Worse fans in any sport in my humble opinion...

In the last 50 years how many fans have died at a Hockey game or an American football game?

Ameraican football and Hockey are not comparable to the level of soccer. 10 billion people watched the world cup final. Ameraican football? Hockey? lol :bleh:

What an embarassing way to end his career. I expected Zizou would bow out with a little class after an era, but it was very sad to have ended abruptly like that. But the headbutt doesn't erase what he did in the past, but definitely is a buggerish black mark on his record.

Ameraican football and Hockey are not comparable to the level of soccer. 10 billion people watched the world cup final. Ameraican football? Hockey? lol :bleh:

I 100% agree with you...

However, it does not negate the fact that soccer fans are much more violent than other sports...

Violence and sport do not belong together, whether by fans or by athletes.

There are stories in the US about parents in kids leagues attacking referees and coaches. How insane is that?

I love football (both American and European), basketball, cycling, Olympics, etc. But violence in sports suggests to me that priorities and our countries' relationships to sports are extremely skewed.

This is totally not a "this country is better than that country" or "this sport is better than that sport" issue. Violence in sport is wrong, it's an indicator of many things that are wrong in society. Find solutions in sport, and I'd wager the solution has a positive impact on society as well.

There are stories in the US about parents in kids leagues attacking referees and coaches. How insane is that?

I love football (both American and European), basketball, cycling, Olympics, etc. But violence in sports suggests to me that priorities and our countries' relationships to sports are extremely skewed.

This is totally not a "this country is better than that country" or "this sport is better than that sport" issue. Violence in sport is wrong, it's an indicator of many things that are wrong in society. Find solutions in sport, and I'd wager the solution has a positive impact on society as well.

you cannot seperate the two.

Agreed...

TT

PS: But soccer fans are still the worst :bleh:

I'd like to point out that hockey fights aren't "violence". Fights belong to hockey (it's a contact sport) and they're usually 2 big guys having a fair fight against eachother. I played a bit in junior leagues and had a few fights. Guys usually shake hands after a match, it's just a nature of the game... and entertainment for the audience.

And I've seen lots of people talking "how horrible the fights are". But when the fight starts I've never seen them leaving their seat for hot dogs. ;)

Cheapshots like tackling from behind and hits against the head area are different. Fighters and enforcers used to take care that these stunts didn't happen. Now when the amount of fights (and enforcers) have been reduced we see a LOT more serious injuries caused by the cheapshots.

As a parent I'd be much more worried about violence in mainstream movies, like Pulp Fiction, where sadism, perversions and torture is considered "artsy"... and even funny.

Edited by By-Tor

Was his foul

It wasn't a foul......it was assault......a foul takes plave in the ebb and flow of the game......there was no ebb and no flow when Zidane head-butted Matterazzi.......he should have been charged with assault......!

As for ice-hockey....it's well known that the violence is encouraged by the controlling interests.......and the hick hillbilly fans who have nothing better going on in their lives lap it up.......same as American wrestling......it's all showmanship......and poor at that.......!

If Materazzi had suffered some sort of internal injury and hospitalised....there wouldn't be too many who are sympathetic to Zidane......but as he walked away from it.....they all want to downplay it......it's simple ...if you want to let off steam thru' violence.........become a boxer......or join the Marines.......as for soccer fans.......this wasn't about the fans....it was about the particpants....one in particular.....who's shown his true colours...."cracking under pressure"....!

Edited by TTK

What an embarassing way to end his career. I expected Zizou would bow out with a little class after an era, but it was very sad to have ended abruptly like that. But the headbutt doesn't erase what he did in the past, but definitely is a buggerish black mark on his record.

well said...