When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Zinedine Zidane Shows how to End your football world cup Career ??

Guest RolexRich

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where to start where to start where to start????

Ok ZZ was completely out of order, as I said in another thread, however Materazzi must have been a complete [censored], and said something completely outrageous. End of that part.

Now Football fans are generally not that badly behaved anymore, except well the Turkish and the English of course, but the Pom's are getting better, well a little bit. There are much less fights now and riots than there used to be, but there is still no NEED or Place for it in professional sport.

Ice Hockey, having played, is probably the best sport to play in the world. I played Proffessional Football, and regional level Ice Hockey so was reasonable at both. And there is NO comparison Ice Hockey is AWESOME.

As far as the NHL goes, in recent years the fighting element has almost diminished, due to GM's worrying about the health of their 100 million dollar wonderboy, who they don't want to be out injured. Unfortunately the place for Lindros and Tai Domi are gone, as the powers that be don't want fighting as it costs them too much cash. This is why the popularity of Ice hockey in the states has dwindled. There is much less fighting and a lot of it's supporters have become disinterested, coupled to the fact that the game has gotton MUCH MUCH faster and most folk can't follow the puck on TV isn't helping either. It is an awesome sport to go and watch live. Having been to MSG to watch I can think of nothing better, except maybe watching a better team lol.

Football could most definately do with toughening up. Amateur/junior football is the single most BRUTAL sport on the planet, forget Boxing, play a game of Amateur football and come out in one piece and the gods have shined down on you, cos it's a miracle. I have even seen the ref chased with a meat clever but I digress.

It is only the multi millionaire [censored]'s that play at the top level who are poofs, and dive and roll with tuck, on a regular basis. Personally the sooner that they stop diving and general acting like a pansy the better. Why do you think people liked Keane and Vieira, or Gattuso, they are thugs, but people prefer seeing proper tackles and people putting their bodies on the line, than Robben or C. Ronaldo jumping and rolling with tuck every 2 mins.

Football at the top level is being played by a bunch of pussies who are too afraid of getting hurt, and it is becoming more and more prevelant in Ice hockey as well, think how many massive hits or fights you actually see in Ice Hockey nowadays, and then compare it to 5 or 10 years ago. The difference, back then you could count the amount of time there was't a fight, times change and it has been crippling the NHL.

Sustains this newspaper "The Guardian" :

The reaction of Zidane against Materazzi would have been provoked by the word 'terrorist' that the Italian soccer player would have turned to the French captain. The edition sustains him 'on line' of the British daily paper 'The Guardian.' Zidane - he writes the daily paper - "he has certainly been provoked, there have been indications last night that Materazzi has called him 'a terrorist', but Zidane will be right to curse fool reaction."

:blink:

We wait for to know what it says Materazzi... but as Italian seems me difficult to believe with all the words that can come to mind "terrorist" a word of common use doesn't seem here me in Italy... I want to say Materazzi could have said thousand and more things but "terrorist" it seems me more to the Frenchstyle....

the word of Henry :

«Italy has played a beautiful first time, cannot be said really nothing. In the second time us but they have gone to better the end they have won and there is not really nothing to be said. Good Italy».

Any comment to Zidane...

Edited by MAHLER

I amn't meaning to be rude but can you decifer what you are trying to say. Is the article in italian?? If it is can you send me a wee PM with what is being said in italian, as translators don't work, as they jumble up words. This is not meant to be a scathing attack on your grasp of english I am merely trying to ascertain the meaning of what has been said, and would like to read it in Italian if that is the language you read it in. Parlo pogo d'Italiano.

Sustains this newspaper "The Guardian" :

The reaction of Zidane against Materazzi would have been provoked by the word 'terrorist' that the Italian soccer player would have turned to the French captain. The edition sustains him 'on line' of the British daily paper 'The Guardian.' Zidane - he writes the daily paper - "he has certainly been provoked, there have been indications last night that Materazzi has called him 'a terrorist', but Zidane will be right to curse fool reaction."

:blink:

We wait for to know what it says Materazzi... but as Italian seems me difficult to believe with all the words that can come to mind "terrorist" a word of common use doesn't seem here me in Italy... I want to say Materazzi could have said thousand and more things but "terrorist" it seems me more to the Frenchstyle....

the word of Henry :

«Italy has played a beautiful first time, cannot be said really nothing. In the second time us but they have gone to better the end they have won and there is not really nothing to be said. Good Italy».

Any comment to Zidane...

The nipple nipping aside, Zidane was wrong in so many ways............however I'd still like to know what Mr. Matterazzi said to him.

On the whole..........a very ordinary final in a very ordinary tournament.

JTB

Whatever he said, it couldn't or shouldn't have evoked that kind of response. He disgraced himself and France, they had to play over 15 minutes one man down. How selfish!

Guest avitt

It doesn't matter what Materazzi said...talkin' smack is part of any game. If you can sucker your opponent into a retaliation that draws a penalty...you win! Materazzi won. Italy won.

the word of Henry :

Thierry Henry is a gentleman and a diplomat.

Pay me 50,000 GBP a week...and you can call me all the names you want......I'll laugh......they do it on here and nobody pays me a penny....I still laugh....!

Professional is the key term here......and ZZ showed he's not professional.....!

Ordinary final???? huh?

Fraid so........ZZs actions aside.

Barthez never made one save......other than the one he flapped at and missed.

When italy equalised they went back to their bad old ways of defending at all costs.

The french weren't much coup cop either.

The game between Germany and Italy was THE game of an otherwise dull tournament.

Sorry..........just the way I saw it.

JTB

Fraid so........ZZs actions aside.

Barthez never made one save......other than the one he flapped at and missed.

When italy equalised they went back to their bad old ways of defending at all costs.

The french weren't much coup cop either.

The game between Germany and Italy was THE game of an otherwise dull tournament.

Can't argue with that summing up, but the Italy/Germany game also had probably the best refereeing of the tournament in terms of playing advantage and keeping the flow going. There is always a risk a final is going to be a cagey affair when dodgy decisions get made, and that just makes it a disappointment to watch for those without a stake in the outcome...

It doesn't matter what Materazzi said...talkin' smack is part of any game. If you can sucker your opponent into a retaliation that draws a penalty...you win! Materazzi won. Italy won.

Agree totally! ZZ is a veteran player and must have had his fair share of verbal abuse in his career. As captain of a national team he surely knew that you don't retaliate to verbal abuse ESPECIALLY when 1 billion people are watching you AND its your last match for your country. Regardless of how he felt at the time im pretty sure he must be regretting it now.

He has had a great career and is thought of very highly by his peers and football commentators. However, he will always have this black mark against him. The Captain that was red carded for an Off The Ball incident in a World Cup Final in his last game for his country. A final that his country subsequently lost!

_Faide

Can't argue with that summing up, but the Italy/Germany game also had probably the best refereeing of the tournament in terms of playing advantage and keeping the flow going. There is always a risk a final is going to be a cagey affair when dodgy decisions get made, and that just makes it a disappointment to watch for those without a stake in the outcome...

Italy-Germany game was definitely the best for me, and i agree the refereeing was a big contributor to the game.

I believe Zizou will speak about that in 2 days...

3 explanations have been advanced:

Racist insults

Familly insults

the steroid scandal à la juv when ZZ played

methinks the second...

Anyway not a smart move for a man playing is last game in the Wolrd Cup final....

Wasted opportunity to be recognised as the grestest!

I amn't meaning to be rude but can you decifer what you are trying to say. Is the article in italian?? If it is can you send me a wee PM with what is being said in italian, as translators don't work, as they jumble up words. This is not meant to be a scathing attack on your grasp of english I am merely trying to ascertain the meaning of what has been said, and would like to read it in Italian if that is the language you read it in. Parlo pogo d'Italiano.

AGI/DS) - Roma, 10 lug. - Per il quotidiano britannico 'The Guardian', Marco Materazzi avrebbe provocato Zizou Zidane dandogli del "terrorista". Innescando cosi' una reazione violenta nel regista francese, tanto che con una testata al petto e' riuscito a mandare per terra un calciatore che sicuramente non e' mingherlino ne' leggero. Il giornale inglese scrive di voci accreditate che nel dopo partita avrebbero riferito quanto in precedenza lo stesso Zidane avrebbe detto a proposito della sua reazione. -

Sorry for the waiting, regards Mahler

like i said...even tough it isn't and wasn't a proper reaction I am with zizou 100%..I think, for how much i follow the Italian Serie A, that MM is a unfair player...it is a player that makes fouls like a "butcher" and as we saw...it is a provocator...and all of us are humans made of flesh and blood...in the end it was a human reaction that some of us would do...there are no words to explain that reaction and ZZ isn't in any manner due to explanations...he did it...and as mach as I think it ends there...maybe if it wasn't such a difficult game, and if he wasn't so tierd and his brain was functioning in a ok manner he wouldn't do it...it was a moment of weakness and all of us had such situations in our lifes...

ZZ...you are one of the greatest players and gentelmans I ha pleasure watching during these last years...you are forgiven without any explanations...