When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you think of this?

KB

I was searching around for beautiful watches to enter in the 'Worlds mosr beautiful watch' thread when I found this..........

84989-29583.jpg

Here's the wrap..

Challenger Mens

The Klaus Kobec Challenger is a truly magnificent timepiece that combines an ultra-modern carbon fibre effect dial featuring the day, date and month sub-dials of the Swiss multi-function movement, housed within a brushed solid stainless steel case with an integrated luxury leather strap. The 18ct gold plated crown and strap attachments are complemented by the stunning golden finish hands, indices and sub-dial surrounds. This unique timepiece is practical, durable and represents a fitting tribute to its motorsport origins.

Features Include: Carbon Fibre Effect Dial. 18ct Gold Plated Crown and Strap Attachments. Swiss Multi-Function Movement featuring Day, Date and Month Sub-Dials. Golden Finish Hands, Sub-Dial Surrounds and Indices. Leather Strap. Water-Resistant to 3atms (98ft). 5-Year Unlimited Warranty on the Swiss Multi-Function Movement (Ladies does not include Multi-Function Movement).

Please note, picture shows both Ladies & Mens

The price?

Well they say they are worth $975 but are selling for $199

If anyone is interested they can be found here...

http://www.timepiecesusa.com/product_detai...mp;vlang_id=246

Ken

From the pics I cannot honestly say the material/quality looks obviously cheeper then, say, 187, the case seems to be brushed, which is s nice touch, perhaps the straps should be dark brown gator with white stiching, other then that not bad looking, but not something I would order straight off...

The Klaus Kobec Challenger is a truly magnificent timepiece ...

This is a known pseudo-luxury brand.

From http://www.chronocentric.com/watches/counterfeit.shtml

Three specific brands known to play the luxury watch imposter game are:

• Klaus Kobec -- Advertises heavily in magazines as being comparable to US$2,000+ watches, with a retail price of US$900, but can be yours for only US$200.
  • Krug Baumen -- Sold on auction sites. Claims "RRP" in the £475-625 (US$900-1,200) range, yet they routinely sell in the £15-50 (US$30-100) range. Even has an impressive looking official website for the brand.
  • Montre Suisse -- Sold on auction sites especially in the United Kingdom, often in bulk lots of 5 to 10 pieces. Claims a retail price of £129.99 (approximately US$250), yet are sold in any quantity you want for less than £5.99 (US$12) each. Ironically, their name translates to "Swiss style."

Caveat Emptor, I guess.

The shopping channel "i-buy" sells these all the time

I saw a bloke on holiday wearing one it was a "gold" one and had KLAUS KOBEC

in massive capital letters round the dial.

I felt so sorry for him

That one above has carbon "effect" dial, "golden finish" hands

It's more of a fake than anything we wear

Edited by Olympus

This is a known pseudo-luxury brand.

From http://www.chronocentric.com/watches/counterfeit.shtml

Three specific brands known to play the luxury watch imposter game are:

• Klaus Kobec -- Advertises heavily in magazines as being comparable to US$2,000+ watches, with a retail price of US$900, but can be yours for only US$200.
  • Krug Baumen -- Sold on auction sites. Claims "RRP" in the £475-625 (US$900-1,200) range, yet they routinely sell in the £15-50 (US$30-100) range. Even has an impressive looking official website for the brand.
  • Montre Suisse -- Sold on auction sites especially in the United Kingdom, often in bulk lots of 5 to 10 pieces. Claims a retail price of £129.99 (approximately US$250), yet are sold in any quantity you want for less than £5.99 (US$12) each. Ironically, their name translates to "Swiss style."

Caveat Emptor, I guess.

On e-bay there is also roebelin&graef

click here

I think I've seen the Klaus Kobec watches advertised in Car and Driver magazines... Along with Steinhauer. Both advertise the same thing; watches with an implied value of several thousands of dollars selling for a fraction of the cost (I think the slogan is something to the effect of '$189 on the wrist, $3,000 in your pocket').

For me, personally, I think I'd prefer to buy some vintage Seikos or reps for the same money.

I think I've seen the Klaus Kobec watches advertised in Car and Driver magazines... Along with Steinhauer. Both advertise the same thing; watches with an implied value of several thousands of dollars selling for a fraction of the cost (I think the slogan is something to the effect of '$189 on the wrist, $3,000 in your pocket').

For me, personally, I think I'd prefer to buy some vintage Seikos or reps for the same money.

Are these Chinese made watches marketed as "legitimate" name brands???? Whenever I see a Steinhauer advertised, I think "that's straight from a Chinese factory because it has the replica "formula", a high quality mechanical watch, perhaps swiss movement, for a fraction of the cost of a genuine swiss movement watch." There just isn't the complicating addition of it being a counterfeit as well

Typically these watches carry the Chinese movements. Take for example... The advertisement I saw featured a Daytona-esque watch with day and date subdials (I think it was a steinhauer). Looked like a Canal Street quality case, and overall had the appearance of being a low cost, over priced rep watch with a different logo on the dial. And, I wouldn't doubt it one bit if it came from the same factory as an equally low quality rep...

Chronocentric say this:

"Klaus Kobec -- Advertises heavily in magazines as being comparable to US$2,000+ watches, with a retail price of US$900, but can be yours for only US$200."

Now, I don't like the aesthetics of this watch, and I think a gold plated crown is a bad idea - but if they stick an ETA in perhaps they are entitled to compare it to $2000+ watches. That's what we do.

Where they come unstuck a bit is with the RRP rubbish (a game many play) - it costs less than $200 everywhere, and it's across ebay like a rash.