When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New US Rolex prices

By-Tor

Here are the new US prices for Rolex.

Explorer I is now over $5K. :shock::bangin:

Submariner: $5450

SS Submariner Date: $6000

Sea-Dweller: $6400

LV Submariner: $6400

TT Submariner: $9300

SS GMT Master II C: $7000

TT GMT Master II C: 10350

Explorer: $5050

Explorer II: $5925

Deepsea: $9250

"Rolesium" Yachtmaster: $9450

Milgauss: $6200

Milgauss Green XTL: $6575

SS Daytona: $9925

Here are the new US prices for Rolex.

Explorer I is now over $5K. :shock::bangin:

Submariner: $5450

SS Submariner Date: $6000

Sea-Dweller: $6400

LV Submariner: $6400

TT Submariner: $9300

SS GMT Master II C: $7000

TT GMT Master II C: 10350

Explorer: $5050

Explorer II: $5925

Deepsea: $9250

"Rolesium" Yachtmaster: $9450

Milgauss: $6200

Milgauss Green XTL: $6575

SS Daytona: $9925

I was talking with my local AD about this yesterday. She also said that the new GMT Master C will be either going into very limited production or no longer made some time soon!

I was talking with my local AD about this yesterday. She also said that the new GMT Master C will be either going into very limited production or no longer made some time soon!

I seriously doubt this. Why? It's a new model and a replacement for the 16710, which was one of the bestsellers in the Rolex catalog. Did she mention any reason for it? GMT has traditionally been a "volume model" for Rolex.

Maybe she mixed it up with some other model.

With the US dollar circling the drain (although having made a rally as of late), this is no surprise... just wait until these bail outs start going through, though.... Bernanke's inflationary monetary policy is going to force Rolex into monthly US price increases before long. Oops was that a political post? :p

There are tons of rumors flying around the gen forums. Haven't heard that the GMT IIc is going to be limited or discontinued but it has been confirmed by several ADs that the Seadweller is discontinued and is not in their newest catalog. Folks are disappointed about this because the DeepSea is suppose to be the replacement and there are plenty of mixed feelings about it...namely the price tag...which seems to be coming down. I find the most interesting news though, is that of the new submariner to be revealed in 2010 or so. It'll be along the same lines of the GMT IIc with polished mid section on the bracelet, maxi dial, ceramic bezel, thicker case, wider cgs, etc. With these new changes, does that mean the discontinuance of the 'classic' submariner. Interesting... :g:

Here is a mock up

submarinerYG_LIP3639copy_4.jpg

Three definite things in life; death, taxes, and Rolex raising their prices every October for no good reason. They have no price for the TT Daytona, they could not have discontinued it, what would they push at a customer when they find out that to get a SS Daytona, they need to wait a year or more. After all, that precious steel they use can only come from the finest steel ingots, packed in the finest silk and delivered to the factory by armed guards. Then each Daytona is carefully assembled by hand, a process that takes a year to do, bla bla bla.

Sorry, love the brand Rolex, always will, but I do not agree with their pricing or thier hype. <_<

I seriously doubt this. Why? It's a new model and a replacement for the 16710, which was one of the bestsellers in the Rolex catalog. Did she mention any reason for it? GMT has traditionally been a "volume model" for Rolex.

Maybe she mixed it up with some other model.

I am going to see them again tomorrow. I will ask about it and see what she says. She might have just been trying to sell me a watch! I went in looking for an F serial LV (first year of the 50th year model) and of course it wasn't available in the show case; she said that it might be able to be sourced. I ended up buying the gen F series else where for a lot less and recieved it today overnight by Fedex. She didn't offer an explanation with her comment but did say, it (the GMT II C) would go into limited production and may go out of production. According to her this information came with the price increase notice. I am considering purchasing one as a hedge. Worst case it will do better than the US dollar over the next few years.

I think she doesn't know what she's talking about.

LV might go out of production, and the current 16610 because there's a sequel coming up in 2010. I'd believe if she said that Explorer II is going out too... but definitely not GMT Master II, one of the bread & butter models. Sounds completely insane to me.

Best of luck to Rolex increasing sales in economic conditions like this. It's going to be self-adjusting in the end, there'll just be more discounts as dealers are going to pile up with inventory from the economic crisis. Look at prices for watches in the last 2 months, they've been coming back down to earth, with the Green glass Milgauss taking a huge hit, falling from $14K at the release, to about $7500 now.

Wow, I bought my TT Blue face sub back in the day for $4800...the price increase also with Panerai just keep going up and up...2 price increases a year...I remember friends getting into Panerai back in the day for $2500 for 111s not too long ago. :mellow:

Rolex is forgetting the most important rule of the marketplace:

Buyers set the price, not sellers.

By jacking up prices in a financial downturn, they may find their watches are no longer 'worth it' to many potential buyers.

If it were not for having to buy a watch I do not want, I would like to travel around and make some offers on new rolex watches after the first of the year and see what happens.

One snobby area rolex AD is on the rocks...a friend in the business told me their D&B rating has bottomed out. Christmas sales will probably keep them going until the first of the year...then their consignment payments come due.

Rolex is forgetting the most important rule of the marketplace:

Buyers set the price, not sellers.

By jacking up prices in a financial downturn, they may find their watches are no longer 'worth it' to many potential buyers.

If it were not for having to buy a watch I do not want, I would like to travel around and make some offers on new rolex watches after the first of the year and see what happens.

One snobby area rolex AD is on the rocks...a friend in the business told me their D&B rating has bottomed out. Christmas sales will probably keep them going until the first of the year...then their consignment payments come due.

Valid point, but it may not make much difference to Rolex itself. Their target clients are mostly folks who won't mind paying the increase since they have the money anyway and their clients span the globe. Recent financial trouble in the US, even when it does effect other countries, will still not directly effect some of the worlds most hardcore collectors. I don't see a trend anytime soon where the vintage models fall in value (truly fall, not considering the recent bubble in the vintage market, Rolex will always hold or appreciate in value), and i don't think that their new products will tank either. Could be better for them since fewer folks would be able to afford their products therefore making them even more exclusive to the wealthy.

Of course, I would never discourage anyone from buying a gen. If you have the capital and can justify the price, go for it, there is something special about owning a gen of your favorite brand that a rep will never provide. I just think that $5k plus for a Exp I is a little much (common people, really). I wonder what an Air-King is going for now :rolleyes: .

6000 USD for a SS Sub

its about 4340 Euro.

So the Sub 160 Euro cheaper in the US.

If I'm not mistaken US prices are net of Tax/VAT (which varies from state to state), while EU prices are VAT included (around 20%). Where am I wrong?

PS: I saw one gen Submariner 16610 with RRR rehaut for sale at 3,873 Euros at Schipol Airport. Any good???

Edited by FedeROLEX