When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 Yacht-Master

By-Tor

The WM9 Yachtie looks pretty good to me. Finally the U-shaped cg's and a decent YACHT-MASTER dial font. The crown looks great too. I'm sure our dealers can get this later as well.

Discuss.

yachtmaster16622_auth07Z.jpg

I check out WM9's website from time to time to check out if he has anything new to offer. It seems the Yacht Master project has really been plagued with lots of delays. The last notification I read said that he is done with the project and about to ship customers with their orders. Some people have been waiting since January this year.

Some patience....

If I had to wait 10 months (or more) for a watch, it better be REALLY good when it arrives...

I check out WM9's website from time to time to check out if he has anything new to offer. It seems the Yacht Master project has really been plagued with lots of delays. The last notification I read said that he is done with the project and about to ship customers with their orders. Some people have been waiting since January this year.

Some patience....

If I had to wait 10 months (or more) for a watch, it better be REALLY good when it arrives...

True... But it looks like it is REALLY good....

the dial is RATHER disappointing:

Rolex font is incorrect. the 'L' doesnt sit under the crown (there is some variation between dials however)

and the "yatch-master" is too bold and should be a serif font, the dial is ALSO missing the serif "I" style bold indices at 3,6,9

theres also too much body to the crown printed on the dial

but i mean all that aside swap in a gen dial and you're good to go

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee

the dial is RATHER disappointing:

Rolex font is incorrect. the 'L' doesnt sit under the crown (there is some variation between dials however)

and the "yatch-master" is too bold and should be a serif font, the dial is ALSO missing the serif "I" style bold indices at 3,6,9

theres also too much body to the crown printed on the dial

but i mean all that aside swap in a gen dial and you're good to go

The funny thing is: It is a GEN Yacht-Master :rolleyes:

It seems there are more Variations of the GEN than we know...

Well BT, one would hope so.... :D

This is the text directly under the last picture. :D

(The above picture is the actual picture of an authentic Rolex Yacht-Master 16622 we bought for our 2008 Rolex Yacht-Master 16622 Project)

Boy I feel stupid now. That's the classic case of "you should have read the fine print". :D

Yeah, it looked way too good anyway. And yep... lots of variation on YM dials: The YACHT-MASTER font boldness, the coronet placement and SWISS MADE at '6 all vary a lot. Even the date font can be thicker or thinner.

thats no way a gen

dw mate.. its not ur fault.. its just that our community always thinks ourself as "expert" and picking every lil detail upto a point where even a gen pic is posted on the forum it'll get called "fake" if it has some kind of flaw..

in fact ive posted 2 gen rolexes in here asking forum members to determine whether its a fake or gen.. they all claimed its a "franken" yet my father bought both in an AD.. shows how much we know?

There was and still is a rep that had the correct thin case and U crown, it also used a 2892 movement like the WM9 project (for the thinner case). However it had a bad mis-match regarding the dial and hands lume and was well overpriced, for what everyone knew was an Asian 2892 clone....

King still has it listed here: http://www.kingshowbox.com/goods.php?id=480

Paul also has it lised: http://www.pam111.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=2240

As you can see it has the thinner case, and poor lume.....

W3310-7.jpg

W3310-3.jpg

Trusty and co had this watch for over $550 before they removed it due to the ETA movement issue...

Cheers! B)

I imagine they will use the case from the above rep, but use a better dial/hands...

At least they are trying to create a better dial, from the info they have on their site:

YMPRE41.jpg

Should be a really nice replica, or you could always do a dial/hands swap with the watch King and Paul are selling ;)

dw mate.. its not ur fault.. its just that our community always thinks ourself as "expert" and picking every lil detail upto a point where even a gen pic is posted on the forum it'll get called "fake" if it has some kind of flaw..

in fact ive posted 2 gen rolexes in here asking forum members to determine whether its a fake or gen.. they all claimed its a "franken" yet my father bought both in an AD.. shows how much we know?

WM9 also show nice pics of SD, but beware guys it's also a gen sample..

this new YM will come with a 2892 and SL'd dial and hands. The price of $675 is reasonable. If you read the news web page http://www.watchmaker9.tv/latest_news.htm, you'll see they really spent a lot of effort in getting the dial and other things right, including doing aging simulation. I really like what they are doing.

George told me the SD pics in that web page are of a gen he just acquired. He will use it to make the reps. Do expect it'll be while before their SD is released.

-bk

Boy I feel stupid now. That's the classic case of "you should have read the fine print". :D

Yeah, it looked way too good anyway. And yep... lots of variation on YM dials: The YACHT-MASTER font boldness, the coronet placement and SWISS MADE at '6 all vary a lot. Even the date font can be thicker or thinner.

If it helps at all, I thought the same thing you did and got ready to pull the trigger... I have the GEN, and I wanted to compare side-by-side. LMAO. We're all human.

well by judging the crispness of the "yach-master" font, it just doesnt look nice enough what i would expect from a modern rolex..

logo or such my vary but quality shouldnt imo

compare to this..

640909081435151yk3.jpg

i knew there was some variation between batches and years but my god. i dont feel so bad about the noob dial now...

What did I always say? The Noob YM is excellent. At the end of the day it just wasn't a watch for me. I liked it a lot though... but it was just too blingy.

2a.jpg

Some patience....

It is a long wait but i paid a deposit of $37 in Januuary, balance to pay when the watch is ready $338, Total for watch $375. Not the $675 WM9 are asking now.

Worth the wait, and you see the watch take shape from the site update's.

It is a long wait but i paid a deposit of $37 in Januuary, balance to pay when the watch is ready $338, Total for watch $375. Not the $675 WM9 are asking now.

Worth the wait, and you see the watch take shape from the site update's.

baglc1: Great price you are getting this for :thumbsupsmileyanim: I almost pulled the trigger on the MBK for $400. But if this WM9 is going with the better dial, font, SL and many, many other details (Bracelet, case, bezel, etc) As said above the $675 seems pretty reasonable for the attention to detail.

Do you ahve any idea what the newest update is? VIP customers slowly getting their pieces shipped out? Let us know when you get yours! Congrats