When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG is SLOW

freddy333

It is taking more than 1 minute for even the forum index to refresh now.

RWG has been running very slow for the past 2 days. Is anyone checking into this?

Interesting - although there have been a few slow moments I've noticed over the last few days, the forum index is refreshing quickly (5 secs or so) for me 98% of the time.

Mind you, I'm used to RWG1 - just about anywhere feels fast by comparison with that... :rolleyes:

:g: Most pages load fast for me. The page generation time for all pages, except the index page, is usually around 0.1 seconds or less. Can't find any congestion on our connection, so it could be some temporary routing problems with your ISP or something else in your network ?!?

I dont think he was refering to LoFi version. on the lower left of the screen, between the rss gif and the language pull down (it says english) is a pull down that I believes says RWG. click that and choose Mobile/PDA skin.

Here is the thing. I have a windows mobile device and had to switch the skin on my pc. it would not switch on my mobile device.

once you are in the mobile/ pda skin you will have the 'view new post' option like the main skin. it is an ok mobile skin. pretty fast. another option, which I do for speed and to cut down on images which shouldnt be seen in my work place is turn off avatars and signatures. speeds things up even on the RWG skin.

good luck.

it's clear to say there is no speed issues with RWG - a data center along your route may be down

press and hold down your "windows key" and press "r"

type "cmd" to open the command prompt

then type (in bold) :

C:\Users\Omega>tracert 212.95.32.29

Tracing route to echo.solidhost.nu [212.95.32.29]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1

2 26 ms 7 ms 7 ms 17.219.183.1

3 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms 64.73.232.81

4 12 ms 8 ms 8 ms 64.71.241.89

5 10 ms 11 ms 7 ms 64.71.241.81

6 9 ms 9 ms 11 ms so-1-0-0.gw02.wlfdle.phub.net.cable.rogers.com [

66.185.80.45]

7 23 ms 23 ms 22 ms 64.71.241.110

8 23 ms 25 ms 23 ms 24.153.3.90

9 130 ms 119 ms 119 ms 1-1.r1.am.hwng.net [69.16.191.61]

10 126 ms 125 ms 125 ms 1-1.r1.fr.hwng.net [69.16.191.82]

11 126 ms 125 ms 133 ms unknown.hwng.net [69.16.190.242]

12 126 ms 124 ms 127 ms 89-149-218-62.internetserviceteam.com [89.149.21

8.62]

13 126 ms 127 ms 130 ms echo.solidhost.nu [212.95.32.29]

Trace complete.

if you notice any "*" instead of a number of ms - you may be able to pinpoint which data center is bad - I'm getting a response from the forum host in about 130ms (milliseconds) - quite fast

----

it may also be a coincidence that the server box that the forum is on (probably shared) has other web sites on it as well that are all being accessed at the same time - depending on when you view the forums, that particular time may be overly busy for all the websites on that server. The same goes with your own internet connection, if a daisychained cable, you could be sharing your connection with 1/2 the street - come 5pm for eg. and the net is slow on a whole.

I'm not very knowledgeable with communications (has always been my weakness in the computer realm - I'm more into hardware) but if anybody else would like to chime in...

As I have already explained to Freddy333 in private; Timeouts (*) in a traceroute is possibly due to some kind of problem, but most likely it is an intentional block due to a firewall or other security measures, and the block may affect traceroute but not actual server connections. So even if you get a time out, you will most likely not experience any connection problems at all.

My traceroute show 3 timeouts, but I have no problems at all, so this most likely show that there are either some firewalls or security settings that ignore traceroute but accept real server connections. It should also be mentioned that since we all connect to a reverse proxy with our real server behind, there will be a couple of milliseconds added, but for most users this should not be noticable as long as the connection between the reverse proxy server and our server is OK.

I dont think he was refering to LoFi version. on the lower left of the screen, between the rss gif and the language pull down (it says english) is a pull down that I believes says RWG. click that and choose Mobile/PDA skin.

Here is the thing. I have a windows mobile device and had to switch the skin on my pc. it would not switch on my mobile device.

once you are in the mobile/ pda skin you will have the 'view new post' option like the main skin. it is an ok mobile skin. pretty fast. another option, which I do for speed and to cut down on images which shouldnt be seen in my work place is turn off avatars and signatures. speeds things up even on the RWG skin.

good luck.

ahh ok i see it now

talk about missing the wood for the trees :) Thanks man