When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Never ending Wristcheck (must include other hobby)

Daytona4me

I'd like to start a wrist check but a unique one. An ongoing one..

With some luck, we will learn more about each other.. maybe find some new friends with similar hobbies.

Hopefully we can keep this thread going.. :)

You have to include wrist shots depicting your other favorite hobbies other than collecting watches.

Dont display your whole life in one post.. let's hit one hobby at a time.. :) but different shots of the same hobby is always welcome :p

To kick it off I will start by posting my obvious obsession with drumming. This is my 2nd pair of gloves this year.. (I'm white collar with soft hands..lol)

and my favorite pair of Vic Firth (Steve Gadd) sticks..

jareds6thbday075.jpg

jareds6thbday076.jpg

jareds6thbday079.jpg

Maybe there is a correlation between Musicians (players and spinners.. lol) and Watches... maybe it's enjoying the finer things in life.. ?

Stephane, that is a very nice setup!

@scoobs,, I have not learned the keyboard yet but am trying to self teach myself the Hammond B3 Organ w/122 Leslie.

I also play LP Giovani Series Conga and Quinta.. best sounding drum I have ever heard! Also mix on a Allen & Heath GL2400-32

and mixing live applications is my strongest point.. but I had to get out of the booth and play a little.. so I am semi-retired from that.

I'm too old to be a DJ now as I used to be in the 80ies, but I still love to be on the radio and present a music show :D

I almost became a music presenter (DJ) like Stephane (in the 70s), but became a music maker instead

116509marshall0091.jpg

6239rickenbacker007a1.jpg

which led into music collecting

lennon_gmt2c0191.jpg

butcher62630051.jpg

beautifulday_62630131.jpg

& of course you must have something to play your music collection on

16014and1601012a1.jpg

& once a modder always a modder - in addition to rebuilding vintage watches, I also rebuild vintage hifi gear, cars & bikes

6239_marantz7200510241.jpg

6239_marantz7301110241.jpg

7835bracelet0111.jpg

raybans0041.jpg

79spit-beforeafter2.jpg

XS650-pair.jpg

But, sometimes, you just have to get away from it all

motorcycleadventure0361.jpg

& curling up with a rare 1st edition at the end of a hectic day is also a good way to unwind

1665book021a31.jpg

infrared1.jpg

But I still love music presenting, so I occasionally DJ a pirate radio show on the web

tokyobroadcasting21.jpg

@Freddy: stop posting your Beatles vinyls It's killing me :(

Sorry, Stephane. The devil made me do it.

I didn't know that you were into HiFi too...how about restoring a MacIntosh and send it to me :bangin:

I restored a number of them over the years, but they were all sent to Japanese collectors (who send back large numbers of dollar bills for restored Mac & Marantz). ;)

Well every DJ is told to be a frustrated musician...so you made it and became musician :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Here are a few blasts from my past - 1, 2 or 3.

butcher62630051.jpg

Sorry Stephane, but this one is definitely worth repeating :p .

@scoobs,, I have not learned the keyboard yet but am trying to self teach myself the Hammond B3 Organ w/122 Leslie.

No modern keyboard or softsynth can beat this beast. Too bad you will always need an extra pair of muscles to carry this around :(

good idea for a thread

img1414ok0.jpg

Pre-flight checks wearing Breitling Bently

img3471wq6.jpg

Breitling Avenger Hercules rests on top of a Remington 870 Mag Express 12ga. which rests on my quad core PC

img5789bn4ib1.jpg

my computer in the dark with UV reactive anti-freeze cooling my cpu

img3247tw6.jpg

SMP PO 007 rests on my Toronto area aeronautical map

img7309xw1.jpg

img5716bj7.jpg

img7311py1.jpg

img0532ti2.jpg

img1904blc0.jpg

img1773pk7.jpg

RemaxCanada.gif

remax-homepage-pic.jpg

Edited by alphakazi

I have had this Harley since i was 22, i paid 29% apr for 5 years becase it was the only way to get the cash then. I have spent many hours working and riding it and the only person that lays a spanner on it is me, any thing that is not harley has been made by me. (the seat was in the hotel room, too easy to steal!)

blackedoutmeandbike.jpg

PS the other side is Black!

I knew I liked Freddy for a reason. I also play gee-tar. I like the Marshall and the Rick photos, but I am a Gibson man myself.

Not to worry. I have a 'Paul & a 335 as well. I just prefer the look of the Rick & spent many years picking at it.

I have a question before I post mine, are tits a hobby?

Only if they are real.

Ok, I'll throw in my passion for pistols and target shooting. I truly enjoy developing my skills of accurately shooting a pistol for distance and speed.

Only carry it now when I am volunteering for events with the Sheriff's Department (deputized) and large bank deposit days.

Here is my Omega UPO with stock lume (I am seriously considering buying a gen dial and hands and asking The Zigmeister to do his work)

and my Glock 30 .45acp where I lumed the sights with RC-Tritech SuperLuminova.

DSC01073.jpg

nice lume shot Daytona4me! I like how you can barely see the pistol.. i saw the lume on the front sight and thought WTF is that? Then as you look, then you see what it actually is. nicely done.

I used to be a musician/recording artist/film composer at an international level. I have since retired from that life but I still have a project studio in my office complex. That is why the now dated but amazing sounding O2R console shows up from time to time in wristchecks past...

PO21.jpg

I have since moved on to become a professional trader and subsequently started a private equity hedge fund and quantitative system development company. So likewise, many times one or more of the eight 22" monitors at my trade desk show up in wristchecks these days...

UNwrist.jpg