When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dear RWG...

ubiquitous

I'm bored :)

Bored of Rolex (I've built all the ones I wanted already).

I'm in between PAM projects.

The V2 Blacksteel isn't out yet.

Not much else seems to float my boat as of late.

In short: Feeling uninspired.

I thought we'd see a lot more interesting models out this year? Not that we haven't, but damn, my ADD is kicking in! And my hands are getting fidgety. I might have to go in and take apart one of my projects, sell all the parts only to rehunt them down to rebuild my watch again to keep me busy.

What the chuck? Think we'll see anything new in the next few months to wrap up '08?? Errr... Scratch that. Think we'll see anything new and worthwhile to wrap up '08?

Maybe I'll go and buy one of those Alain Silbersteins to tweak my brain out a bit...

R

P.S. Where's all the discussion been lately? Seems a little quiet in the General section?

Well....remember the old saying, "Variety is the spice of life". Maybe it's time to bust out of the "same old, same old" and try the silberstein or something else that hits your fancy. There has been a lot of new stuff the last six months. Just gotta pick the one that excites you.

Go for it, Ubi!

Damn R, if you're THAT bored, can you build a Franken Just for me? ;):p

Another one here please :D

I agree Ubi. I am not bored because I have two projects that aren't finished yet, but we've not seen a lot of "great" new watches since a while.

Actually the Super Ocean Heritage is one I just bought and I'm curious to see what it will look like when it lands.

I sincerely think you should go and check that one at an AD. It's a beauty.

Cheers

Stephane

I hear ya Chief. I'm well down the same road. Rolex? *yawn*

I'm into ORANGE now. Vintage orange. And don't you dare snipe my Black Lung as I lie lurking in the shadows. B)

Why did I think this was a "Dear John" thread? :) It has been a little quiet lately but we ride the waves as Lani would say. Soon new watches will appear and new hunts will be on for big projects. If you are that bored, see if you can run down a gen BCE graphite dial. That should keep you busy for a month or two. :D

WOOOOOWW

I was in the same mindset as LD ... when I saw your header.. Ithought >>WTF !!.. not Ubi.. I got to the thread and was kinda relieved to see that it was not a "goodbye" deal ...

Everything in Life .. ebbs and flows .. seems that we're going through a "low tide" as far as discussions .. the ending of the summer months in Hawaii is rather slow.. then the winter swells hit the North Shore...

As an analogy.. I think RWG.. is experiencing another down time..

maybe it's the economy and the upcoming Holiday's that will surely hurt the retailers... seems to be a lot of depressed people this year..

But all the reps on the Horizon doesn't seem to be your cup-a-joe .... maybe ya should practice "Luming" jus to take on another challenge ... I'm sure this would keep your perfectionist blood circulating..

:D

Ok Randy, I hear what you're saying. I lay down a challenge.... build a decent Prince. One of these:

post-2563-1224179533_thumb.jpg

In my time in this forum (the best IMHO) nobody ever talks about Princes and they are one of the finest, most sought after Rollies in the world, you have scope vis a vis the movement (Gruen hint, hint..) and there are alot of broken old pieces that a skilled man (such as yourself) could cannibalise to make a truly outstanding piece. Don't forget - this has never been done before (not to my knowledge anyway) so whoever achieves it will be a trailblazer indeed. Feel like taking up the challenge?

All the best,

Dieselpower.

:p

Thanks, guys!

Heh... It's not that I have a lack of things to do... Always have things to do. However, in between waiting for parts, etc. things can sometimes lull. And, sometimes the same ol' gets monotonous. The Oyster case, for as beautiful as it is, has become rather standard to my eyes... PAMs... I like the early Historic Pre-As, and Pre-Vs, but there's only so many of those you can have... I'm fairly content in my inventory of gen parts and parts hunting without a purpose lately hasn't yielded the same excitement as when you have an actual project in mind.

Maybe I'll take F333's advice and try the TZ course. Or...? Something to get me excited again...

Definitely not going anywhere though... You guys can't get rid of me that easily ;)

Dear R my friend...

You could always sell me one of the 2 Daytonas & rebuild another... Remember, I've been longing for 1 since God knows when... :p

Too bad I only have parts 1 & 2 of the TZ course... Which i strongly believe is child's play to you? :lol:

Or as what lani mentioned, you should try reluming... I'll gladly send you a few of my watches to practice on! :)

Ok Randy, I hear what you're saying. I lay down a challenge.... build a decent Prince.

Hmmmm...

:g:

This looks interesting. I may need to research :) While it would be a neat and interesting piece in general, I think it might also make a nice gift for someone in my family...

*scratches notes on notepad*