When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pictorial of Tag Heuer Link GMT

Timepiece

*** special topic on request of by-Tor *** ;)

For more than 20 years, TAG Heuer's LINK, born S/el (Sport/elegance) in 1987, has been the Swiss watch making world's superlative sports and elegance timepiece. On the wrist of the world's number one golfer, Tiger Woods or a F1 racing legend such as Ayrton Senna, a Hollywood star like Matt Damon (The Bourne Supremacy), the LINK has become a universally recognized status symbol, with an emblematic design and precision-driven architecture unlike that of any other sports watch ever made.

The LINK bracelet, with its unique and recognizable signature S-shaped links, is a worldwide reference for its flexibility, wearer comfort, timeless aesthetics and peerless ergonomics.

First created in 1987 and called S/el for "Sports and Elegance," the benchmark design was endorsed in 1988 by Ayrton Senna, who wore it to three F1 World Championships. In 1999, the S/el was boldly redesigned and relaunched worldwide as the LINK, with sports celebrity endorsements from great champions like Leonardo, Boris Becker, Marion Jones, Colin Jackson, or Monica Seles, to name but a few

Beautiful watch, I've always been a fan of the Link series. I had the 38mm SS ETA link for a couple of days before a friend fell in love with it and made me sell it to him.

It felt very comfortable but now I'd get the GMT just because I liked your pics a lot.

congratulations!

Chino.

That is a true beauty. :good:

I never looked at Tag as a possible choice for me.

But this one is very very nice, specialy with the AR.

It makes me think of the Ingy: simple, elegant, confortable.

I didn't see this model before :o .

Thanks for the review and time spent :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great photos aswell.

Cheers

Stephane

Great review, that is a very nice watch. One of my minor pet peeves of Reps is these little details that are not finished nicely, like these sections of the bracelet.

finish1.jpgfinish3.jpg

When you have a gen each part of the watch is smooth and the attention to detail is something I think those of us who love watch designs admire.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting started wit reps and got this one from a member, it seems to be a variation ? Here it is at TrustyTime with a different date dial it seems...ah here is mine Johua's site

DSC00289.JPG

He had a problem with the rep strap (maybe that screw the OP lost, and I could try supergluing it too as I have it but it seems hard to remove the leather one, even with a tiny screwdrive) so put a leather gen apparently that looks quite nice, unfortunately it reeks of tobacco so I'm trying to source another one or figuring out how to get the smell out.

Edited by webvan

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...