When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

For your viewing pleasure...

Nanuq

A well-loved and all original 1680. Silver flat-3 date wheel, replacement gen bracelet, and the flat-top cyclops crystal is worn almost into a domed shape.

3.jpg

Now this is a watch that will warm the cockles during the cold, winter months. But, if you have not already done so, you might want to have a watchmaker fish-out the chunk (or chunks) of tritium that fell out of your second hand.

Help!

I am a blue blooded Rolex

Could someone plz get me out of my misery, clean me, polish me, oil me and rub me with a nice soft cloth and put me on the arm of a beautiful girl.

I will even try to vibrate..

Hah! Perfect! :D I know exactly how this watch feels.

Just wait till you see how she cleans up!

Hah! Perfect! :D I know exactly how this watch feels.

Just wait till you see how she cleans up!

WOW that things got some serious WEAR!! i love it!!

I hope your not going to ruin it by polishing it and replacing parts :(

wow Nanuq, she's one foxxxy ol' gal... please don't take her to the plastic surgeon and have her wrinkles removed...

To my eyes she just needs whats she's missing: a vintage pearl and a second hand's lume... or leave her just like that, don't turn her into Dorian Grey...

:p

and please, stop plishing the floor with that watch!! :D

wow Nanuq, she's one foxxxy ol' gal... please don't take her to the plastic surgeon and have her wrinkles removed...

To my eyes she just needs whats she's missing: a vintage pearl and a second hand's lume... or leave her just like that, don't turn her into Dorian Grey...

:p

and please, stop plishing the floor with that watch!! :D

Hey maybe THAT is what all the crud is that I've been chiseling off the back, case, bezel, bracelet... In between the lugs...

I'll tell ya, this beauty has seen some action!

I agree with Freddy, you might want to have it serviced or checked out to make sure the tritium from the seconds hand didn't land in the movement. Considering the condition of the watch, a service is probably due.

I have seen where watchesandparts over in Hong Kong has had some of the vintage tritium pearls for sale lately that would fit that bezel insert- the nice and brown aged ones!

BTW, that looks like a 24-702 crown- the earlier style prior to the 24-703- no gasket on the outside of the case tube.