When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BANNED!

Nanuq

This will come as a shock to those of you who think of me as mild-mannered, Mister Milquetoast of the North... but I have been BANNED from the Doxa forum!

What could have precipitated such a precipitous charge? Pull up a chair lads, this is good.

As you all know, I've had dreams of a Doxa for about a year. This is all on the sly, you know... being as everyone thinks that I live, breathe, eat, drink, make love to, write bad checks to, and swear by Rolex. Rolex first, Rolex last, Rolex for everything else in between.

Well shocking though it may be, there are other brands out there. :o Yes, it is true. It happens to the best of us ... Doxa caught my attention a few years ago. I resisted, I struggled, I avoided... I attended Doxa AAA meetings, all to no avail. The siren song is what got me. It did me in and I was soon shipwrecked on Doxa shores. And what lovely shores they were!

Arrayed before my ever-lustful eyes were myriad rare and cheap models, most of them having that groovy orange dial. I was in love. I wrote sonnets and lost sleep. I conspired to buy buy BUY until my eyes were red and the ever-delectable Ms. Nanuq suspected me of an affair. Yes, I admit I would crawl out of bed after determining that she was, indeed, asleep... and I would tiptoe down to the server farm and logon to the Doxa SA website, and I would sit for long pleasant hours reading and clicking and fantasizing about some day... SOME DAY eventually owning a Doxa. If the gods smiled upon me.

Endless hours of reading led me to certain conclusions: there are FEW models with domed crystals (cha-ching). Of these few, there are fewer yet that are "rare" to the point of "I MUST HAVE IT". I eventually settled down on a Black Lung, and the search was begun.

(insert thrilling theme music here)

I found, and bought, the penultimate Doxa, of which photos you have seen here. And let me tell you, she is a BEAUTY.

Well, it was about the time I had spotted her, and was pursuing her, that the troubles began. In a fit of pique and glee I went to my new Doxa Home and posted about my new-found treasure, long before I had bought her.

(insert dark and depressing dirge, a theme from hell)

It turns out NONE SHALL DISCUSS LIVE EBAY AUCTIONS. "Off with his head" and all that. :rtfm: I suppose it was all written carefully down in the Terms of Engagement or whatever they call it on their site, which I gleefully skipped over.

Now you guys know me and my ascerbic sense of humor. Apparently the admin/mods over there have no sense of humor that they are aware of and I received a mild correction. In horror I realized I had breached a Term of Engagement, possibly causing the Earth to fall into the Sun, or worse. So I quickly stopped posting such horrible, horrible things.

But the other lads continued.

And such was the die cast. With tongue firmly in cheek I posted things like "the Ebay item OF WHICH I REFUSE TO DISCUSS would indeed be a rare find, if someone did want to go that route". Things like that.

Well, Wilbur... those Mods took that as a gibe and a camel's snout up the trousers, and I was quite rudely corrected and accused of things I never did! Honest! Cross my heart! I was innocent... INNOCENT!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Well, things calmed down again, some guys went to bat for me, and all was smoothed out.

Or so I thought.

The admin there apparently remains absent for long periods of time (I wonder if it's Blade?) and he came by, and smelt and saw the wreckage from my ever-so-mild ruckus. So he emailed me, condescendingly, and said I was suspended until I emailed the Mod who had publicly embarrassed me, and taken things others said and attributed them to me, and asked HIM to reinstate me.

Hee hee hee heeeeeeeee you KNOW what's coming, don't you? :D

I handed him his ass on a platter. I made him cry. I bent him over and SPANKED him. Then I withdrew his use of all my copyrighted imagery, and made him edit ALL my posts, removing every pictorial reference, or face the threat of legal action should my server logs show ANY access from his site.

Amazingly, he BANNED me for that! :o I mean... can't the boy take a mild correction? "Mild" as in... WWII was a "mild" conflict.

So here I am, a felon of the worst sort in the digital age. A lowlife scum, the worst of the worst. The Alaskan from Hell. I recommend you keep your women and children and pet puppies away from me! I may bite when cornered.

There, I've bared my soul. And now I feel pretty darn good about the whole fiasco. :tu:

Alway's knew you were a thug and an "Arm".. collections .... "lessons dealt out".. my kind of fellow.. :)

Ahhhh... to be amongst equals.. very comforting.. B)

seriously .. we got the best dang mods .. admin team in the "Known" Universe.. so let it be said... if others can't take a joke .. f _ _ k em..

You are a True gentleman and hounorable man.. so go where you are appreciated and loved.. right here on RWG !!

Much Aloha, and Mahalo for being here Nanu... Nanu :)

Lani

Ah Ken, it was a serious hoot. I'm sitting here grinning like a boy on Christmas morning, one that just set the family tree on fire. :tu:

@Lani, thank you my friend! This place ROCKS. Ain't no other place like it... the team of mods and admins we have here are simply the best.

Present company excepted of course. Now pardon me while I go spank myself.

What an experience... hell, you passed every possible feeling in the meantime... but moment of satisfaction must have been so delicious.

I don't think you need that board. On an impulse, I think you would have been bored there at the end... so why start, right? :)

Log on from a different IP and post your super rare acquisition. Then tell them to suck your frosty Alaskan balls (no offence, I'm sure they're lovely. Also, no homo).

Lovely indeed! Not unlike your avatar, now that you mention it.

Oh! Was that my outside voice!

Time for more spanking I see...

note: no monkeys were harmed during the post of this message.

LMAO, some people are sites are so anal..........just be glad your a top rated, gold plated, anti Magnetic rust proof watch geek over here on the dark side.

Let them sit in their bedrooms lording up on their silly little rules playing in a pool of their own feces.........and if you start any of this over here I'll ban you myself!

:)

I need to find who she is and bring her to the world G2G... I'll promise her a Rolex if she dances nude in a cage whilst we enjoy the hors d'oeuvres, single malt of some sort and we'll commission Lani to age the cigars, if he is willing... God that'd be amazing... Oscar can run the RWG1 dungeon in the basement with goats, etc ;) (see, I lurk...)

Saw your posts and what played out over there nanuq. The mod-admin-Doxa agent there, does`nt stand for such tomfoolery on their forum. :o

You did bring a much needed sense of humor & common sense that is sorely lacking there. They just could`nt handle both at once. Just too damn stuffy for my taste. I prefer the divers forum there, at least if I want to talk [censored] about Doxa or another brand it is`nt drowned out and deleted.

Btw did you see the new offering of the Ti model, what a piece of [censored] Imo.

???????????????????? :shock:

What has happened to the nice polite and alway politically correct Nanug Rob :p

Need a shot of good ols equatorial Aqueveit after reading this banning thread

Cheers

Gunnar The Wiking :drinks:

Gunnar the Wiking!! It's great to see you again!

I must admit I've been in a bit of a wild hare the last few days. Things have calmed down considerably and I'm almost back to kind, mild, gentle, even-mannered Nanuq of the North.

Almost. :boxing:

No kidding! "Ooooo! Ooooo! Let's make another bloody identical watch and put some smarmy "Mil" grade on it, and sell it for lots and lots of money!!"

Sounds like everyone's copying Panerai's strategy ;)

Btw did you see the new offering of the Ti model, what a piece of [censored] Imo.

Got a link for this ? I hadn't seen it yet... and not sure which model it is on the website... not the 5000T at least...!

Sounds like everyone's copying Panerai's strategy ;)

BLASPHEMY!!!

Did you seriously come right out and suggest that every bleeding Panerai in the civilized Universe looks exactly like every other bleeding Panerai????

(snerk)

I couldn't agree more! :tu:

BLASPHEMY!!!

Did you seriously come right out and suggest that every bleeding Panerai in the civilized Universe looks exactly like every other bleeding Panerai????

(snerk)

I couldn't agree more! :tu:

And I like Panerai ;)

But they aren't pokemon and I won't catch 'em all :p

And I like Panerai ;)

But they aren't pokemon and I won't catch 'em all :p

In a similar / parallel manner, neither will you catch all diseases, even though you're exposed to them!

:o Did I just make a comparison between Panerai and disease?

TIME TO BAN MYSELF AGAIN!!!

godsmite.jpg