When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stupid REP changed my lifestyle

Cgrech

So I got my first two reps because of this community. I ordered them from Joshua and they arrived and now things have changed for me.

For starters, instead of the 5 minutes it takes me to get dressed, it is now about half an hour. I sift through my closet trying on dress shirts for work to find out which ones have the right amount of sleeve in order to flash some watch. I hate wearing my Jacket even though its balls cold out here in Paris. The sleeves on the jacket are too long and with it on, there is no hope of flashing watch.

The metro ride in the morning is now all about picking the right spot to stand. I walk the platform looking for the cutest girl waiting. Nice stockings lady, Im waiting next to you. We get on together and I make it so that I hold the door for her, stretching my arm as far as possible so that my sleeves pull pack and my Rolex blinds her. Did she notice? URghgh

Now we're on the train and perfect, shes grabbed the pole and is standing to my left. I take my left hand and grab the same pole. The train is so crowded that her face is only inches away from my watch. My watch hand is now fully extended to grab the same pole, sleeves pulled way back, and. WHOO HOO, shes gotta notice it now. Out of the corner of my eye, i see her eyeing it. Then i feel her eyes glance at me, then back at the watch... WAIT A MINUTE, what if shes an AD or something? Maybe her father used to have a grand collection and she can spot a REP from a mile away.

ABORT ABORT. hands back into pocket, head slumped.

When will the insanity stop?

Edited by Cgrech

Bro, all you're gonna do is drive yourself crazy with that shit :lol: A few pointers/proverbs...

1. You're trying too hard.

2. New money shows it, old money knows it.

3. You're trying too hard.

I may be wrong here, but, I believe, that folks with gen watches, (Not including GangstaRappers/Footballers/other celebs) do not flash them about. At all.

Flashing a watch will get it noticed. But for the wrong reasons. Someone might well think 'Nice watch', but they're also going to think 'What a poser, flashing his watch about <_< ' It won't impress anyone, but rather the reverse ;)

The best way to display a watch, is through subtlety. Rather than standing next to the hot girl and grabbing the pole so the only thing she can see is the watch, sit opposite the hot girl and read a newspaper (not tabloid ;) ) The watch will occasionally peek beyond the cuff, and be noticed, but no-one will think it's being flashed about. Subtlety is the name of the game here, not ostentation ;) At the end of the day, you need to put the watch on, then forget allll about it. This has to be something you're totally comfortable and at ease with. It can't even enter your mind that you're wearing a watch. There is no watch. That's the only way to display one without looking like a jerk trying to impress someone with their flashy new toy. Display it by not displaying it. Watches and Zen... What a way to start the week ^_^

PS Having a few high-end accessories, ie briefcase/messenger bag by a Name, a nice pen, a nice lighter etc, will also help 'round out' the illusion ;)

Next you can tell us how you got the girl, took her home, and positioned the watch on the nightstand so she could be impressed by the superlume as you did it in the dark. :D

Just be careful who you pick up or you might get one who will swipe that watch off the nightstand and try to pawn your fake Rolex.

Then you'll be back to a naked wrist and no naked chicks.

Shoot. If I knew that a nice watch (gen or rep) would get me laid on command I would've maxed out my first credit card to buy a rolly. I guarantee you I'd be way ahead by now. After hitting the clubs, wining and dining I've spent way more than that over the last 15 years. Plus having to listen to all of the yammering and drama.....if only I had the magic watch!!!!!

It's not the watch bro, it's all personality.

ha. funny story...

glad you're excited and having fun.

but remember, when you wear it, the bigger the deal you make of it, the more it doesn't ring true...

like the guy who constantly talks about how much tail he gets. invariably he's full of it. or the guy who talks about how badass he is. the people that are those things don't really try to get it talked about, because they're already there. n as interesting and fun as reps are, they are only an accessory. i hope you enjoy and admire them on their own in and of itself. i think they are beautiful and a blend of both form AND function. the fact that they are relatively inexpensive allows me to indulge in, without remorse, a quantity and variety of watches that i otherwise would feel asinine about spending that kind of money on something that's really not necessary for a happy life.

but a rep can't transform your life, even your sex life. it shouldn't be able to make you more attractive on its own (or god help the girl that thinks that way). it's an accessory that can go together with a total, rounded picture of someone. without the overall, corresponding components, i think one might just look like they're trying way too hard. i've heard tell that just as many people who can readily afford gen's wear hi-end rep's as those who can't. i completely buy that. i'm fortunate enough to have several gen's, but i love this whole new world of reps opening up before me. with the quality of reps now, it just seems streetsmart to wear reps. i thoroughly enjoy what they are, it's a pleasure to wear them to fit my sense of style, and i feel like i'm getting all of that without spending a fortune on what can only be described to me as a selfish little passion of mine.

"...the spoon doesn't bend... it is your mind that must bend... there is no spoon..."

:p

Yeah, it's amazing how much we hope that other people will notice our watches. I wear a different watch each day of the week and I don't think anyone notices.

Oh well.

Hopefully the hot Parisian chicks notice for you!

but a rep can't transform your life, even your sex life. it shouldn't be able to make you more attractive on its own (or god help the girl that thinks that way).

Sure it can. Even if she never sees it, it may make you more confident and that could help you.

Men say they never notice what shoes women wear, yet women spend hours choosing them. Is she doing it to entice a man or is she doing it to increase her own confidence? Whatever it is, it works for her, and in the same way, wearing a rep could work for some young guy out on the pull.

I wear reps to fool myself that I have nice watches. If I had the cash, I'd give up reps tomorrow, but as I don't, I'm happy to select the right watch for the occasion even though I know no-one will ever notice what watch I'm wearing.

ah pug, yes... i do agree with you, but i guess my emphasis is slightly different.

a fine rep, just like a great shoe for a woman, can heighten a man's sense of confidence, which then of course translates to that intangible quality of attractiveness. but that confidence, and resulting attractiveness, comes from within the person imo. it doesn't emanate from the watch or the shoe. the watch, the shoe, or any other accessory may bolster your self-image and confidence greatly, but i don't think that simply walking with your new rep held in front of you, the mere sight of a rolex, real or not, will cause most women to strip right then n there. my personal experience is that, if all you've got is the material object(s), without the commensurate persona/self-image, then something just doesn't translate or come together, n most people seem to sense that. now often times it's the age-old chicken or the egg: if you think you look good, you feel good, n then you look good...

but my emphasis is that displaying a rep in and of itself, without the accompanying intangible qualities of allure, won't get the job done. imo.

Im really glad you guys like my story. Its just how Ive been rolling around with my new toys. Im sure eventually the feeling will go away and I wont even notice that Im wearing it. At that point, Ill buy another. ;)

And its true, the watch does not get the girl but much in the same sense that more air intake does not win the race.... But it sure as f*&k can help.

The way i see it is simple arithmetic

Air intake + Confident driver = 1st place

Awesome Rep/Gen + Confident watch wearer = your sister's bedroom = and maybe her kitchen afterwards