When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's see your GMT's and Explorers!

By-Tor

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BT - I LOVE that pic of the Pepsi. How's about one with a "coke" model?

Thanks man.

My local Rolex AD charged only 25€ for a new insert. I bought my watch preowned and it had some wear so I wanted to replace it... but they don't sell spares. I could "lose" it and go there without an insert... so they would replace it with a Coke. Then I'd own 2 "different" watches. That's the plan but I've always been too busy... :)

Thanks again for the pics - BTW: How hard is it for the AD to swap bezels?

You can actually swap the insert yourself. It's no big deal. But those spare inserts from Ebay etc. resellers are much more expensive than the ones from AD. At least here in Europe.

If you buy the Pepsi model and want to have all black/ Coke instead (and want to keep both inserts) just take the insert off by yourself and tell them that "you lost it". They have to replace it. Otherwise they'll keep your old insert.

Gen watch forums have lots of tutorials how to take off the gen Rolex bezel.

Swapping the insert is only a 10 min. work for them.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Well having been an Explorer 2 owner for some time now, I thought it only proper that I should post a picture of it in the official thread and bump it to the top :)

@Dluddly, if you ever wish to sell your white dial franken, I'l whip it off you in a flash!

I have never owned a watch where I would consider buying two merely to own a different colour of the same watch, but this Exp2 is just so perfect that I really wouldn't mind the white one too.

My thoughts on this watch having owned it for some months now are;

-It fits my wrists perfectly

-It combines elegance with sportiness

-It is very comfortable

-I love the heritage, and it's place as an iconic watch among Rolex fans

-Did I mention that I really like this watch ;)

17062009571.jpg

17062009575.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice. Who'd you source from?

Thanks man I got it from Sead over at Repgeek. His dealer name is Supermirrors.

I source all my watches thru him. He can get whatever you want and he personally QC's the watches and sends you pic's of the actual watch and the prices are great.

Edited by BROM

• 3 months later...

Great thread with some beautiful watches.

Here are my two GMT's

1. Genuine 16750 GMT Master Serial # 94XXXXX 1986 vintage. This was my first Rolex GMT, and I still have it after several years.It will be a hand down to my son or one of my grandsons in years to come.I have flipped, traded and sold many watches over the past 40 years, but this is one of the very few that isn't going anywhere.Older 1675's with the Matte dial are rarer and more desirable, but I really prefer this model as it has quickset date which the 1675 lacked.

IMG_4532a.jpg

2. Replica 116710 GMT II Ceramic bezel Just got theis one a few days ago, really like it. It has the Swiss ETA 2836-2 WHS movement and it is keeping time at the rate of + 2 seconds per day, and I would say this movement is not run in yet. I really like the dial, as well as the ceramic bezel. Very well made and about as close to genuine "out of the Box' as any rep I've owned.Now, what I don't like. The lume is great- for about 5 minutes, so it really needs a relume.the cyclops is very reflective and difficult to see the date numbers in certain light. I will definitely either spring for a genuine crystal, or have the cyclops AR coated. Another nit picky thing is the bracelet micro adjust. The old Subs and GMT's used springbars and clasps with drilled holes and were very easy to adjust. the new ones used a concealed springbar and no holes in the clasp sides. It looks sleeker, but I find it impossible to release the springbars to adjust the bracelet. That's all I can find wrong with the watch/bracelet. The only way I would get rid of this one would be a newer model with a reliable CHS adjustable hour hand model like the real GMT II.

IMG_6017a.jpg

• 2 years later...