When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16610 lughole-sub......is it real or gen? :o)

Omega

it's a rep. Actually the crown position in particular suggests it's a rep. It should be even higher. Another tell is the lugholes being too high. This is a Euromariner V3. Other parts also are not gen. The crystal lacks the top edge rounding. The top edge of the crystal is way too sharp to be a gen crystal. the pearl is most likely a watchmaterial pearl. The tell of that is the luminous material doesn't fill up to the inside of the rim. The CGs were reshaped superbly. Amazing job. But there's a tell at the CGs. If you draw a line across the base of the U of the CGs, below the line, the surface should be brushed, not polished. But hack, I won't even do it. Again, it's an amazing CG mod. The gen crown and gen/generic springbars are great additions to this superb rep.

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

wow, looks great!

:tu:

What bracelet set up are you using?

The SEL's look nice and smooth, like it's a real SEL! (are they :o )

Just wondering why you went with a bezel insert with the triangle 4 on it instead of the euro v3 bezel with the flat trapezoid 4?

Also, did you do any mods to the date wheel? The numbers sit really close to the lower edge on my euro. :(

BK, do you have pic to illustrate where the brushed part of the SS SHOULD be near the CG's?

(Just like a paint shop of Omega's pic with a red outline perhaps :) )

Edited by cht

Looks like my V3- especially w/ the lughole position- gens are slightly lower and more out! I think it's a new style gen insert- w/ the triangular 4, and the pearl just didn't photograph all that well. A great job on the cg's.

Omega does a great job drilling lugholes, I can vouch for that.

it's a rep. Actually the crown position in particular suggests it's a rep. It should be even higher. Another tell is the lugholes being too high. This is a Euromariner V3. Other parts also are not gen. The crystal lacks the top edge rounding. The top edge of the crystal is way too sharp to be a gen crystal. the pearl is most likely a watchmaterial pearl. The tell of that is the luminous material doesn't fill up to the inside of the rim. The CGs were reshaped superbly. Amazing job. But there's a tell at the CGs. If you draw a line across the base of the U of the CGs, below the line, the surface should be brushed, not polished. But hack, I won't even do it. Again, it's an amazing CG mod. The gen crown and gen/generic springbars are great additions to this superb rep.

-bk

And this is why Bk is modding my watch.....

OK, let's start:

Some of you come near on the point, the others not - ant that's good! :D

First to say, I spent a lot of time to build this watch, because nothing went like I wanted to go! The gen tube and crown are the only thing that was to install without some extra modificatins. The first sticking point was to found SEL's which can be used. I tried it from all models, but only the CN SEL's were close to the holes (and to the gen with the wide opening). But the CN bracelet is not good, the first few links are too big! So I took a SSD bracelet and I brushed the sides, also I changed the last link to the clasp from foldet to the small link. The clasp is the best what you can get on current rep-market. Only the inner clasp has to be changed to the correct one with 93250 stamps. The stamped last links I took from a noob too, with 93250.

The next problem was the crystal gasket system, a gen gasket don't fit without a modification of the retaining ring! That took a lot of time to shave the inner side of the RR to 100% to get it pressed over the gasket/crystal - a few

VERY good job, "work of art"

That was the most modded sub I seen here !

You said that the bezelinsert will not snap in without mods ????

On the WM9 case it is possible is it not ?

OK, let's start:

Some of you come near on the point, the others not - ant that's good! :D

First to say, I spent a lot of time to build this watch, because nothing went like I wanted to go! The gen tube and crown are the only thing that was to install without some extra modificatins. The first sticking point was to found SEL's which can be used. I tried it from all models, but only the CN SEL's were close to the holes (and to the gen with the wide opening). But the CN bracelet is not good, the first few links are too big! So I took a SSD bracelet and I brushed the sides, also I changed the last link to the clasp from foldet to the small link. The clasp is the best what you can get on current rep-market. Only the inner clasp has to be changed to the correct one with 93250 stamps. The stamped last links I took from a noob too, with 93250.

The next problem was the crystal gasket system, a gen gasket don't fit without a modification of the retaining ring! That took a lot of time to shave the inner side of the RR to 100% to get it pressed over the gasket/crystal - a few

Great work Bobbie,

and I'm sorry that you run in this problems...

I think there are cifferences from Case to case from factory...

This is not good,because you don't know what you get...

Too bad......

But afer hard work you got it and the result is stunning....

Congrats to this beauty and i think this one will get a new home soon ;)

Great work Bobbie,

and I'm sorry that you run in this problems...

I think there are cifferences from Case to case from factory...

This is not good,because you don't know what you get...

Too bad......

But afer hard work you got it and the result is stunning....

Congrats to this beauty and i think this one will get a new home soon ;)

Thanks my friend.

Yeah, it was a lot of work. I don't expected such modifications on a watch like this, which is presented here as over the top rep.

But hey, we love watches and the communication here with some great guys on this board... and that is the point!

VERY good job, "work of art"

That was the most modded sub I seen here !

You said that the bezelinsert will not snap in without mods ????

On the WM9 case it is possible is it not ?

Thanks!

I think on the new WM9 it will snap correctly in, like I can see on the pics. The previous model also took a gen inlay by snapping in, but unfortunately it was not deep enough.

Bobby,

As mentioned earlier in this post i consider you as one of the best modders and i'm glad to see a lot of well respected members feel the same.

And don't feel sorry you sold your highly modded MBW sub because it's in good hands.

Every night when i put it off the dail looks towards Germany so he can still see you :D

Carpe Diem

Cats