When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brain Teaser Game!

cornerstone

The truck weighed the limit when it got on the bridge but, as all motor-sport fans will tell you, the weight at the end of a race is lower than at the beginning. This in particular is why Valentino Rossi is better at the end of a race than at the beginning, as the fuel-tank is less full and therefore lighter.

The truck used 30g of fuel to get to the midway point.

:g: Hmm...it sounds good...it looks good.....IT IS GOOD! :lol::thumbsupsmileyanim:

WINNER!

The card says: "the truck would have burned off more than 30 grams of petrol in the first two kilometres of crossing the bridge. Therefore the sparrow's weight would have no consequence."

Here's a new one - a bit of a groaner I'm afraid...

Cornerstone was cleaning out his old barn. :blink: He was dragging things out into the yard and filling containers with useless items he had collected over the years. At one point he rolled an old barrel out of the barn which weighed 20 kg. Cornerstone put something in the barrel and when he was finished it weighed less. What could it have been? :g:

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The barrel he rolled out was filled with fluid.

He actually put a tap into the barrel.... and opened it!

:g: It sounds plausible.....IT IS PLAUSIBLE!

WINNER! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Strictly speaking the answer on the card is: "a hole" (groan!) But obviously to put the tap in you make a hole.

Okay this one is a bit different - more Sherlock Holmes than Albert Einstein...I would put it in the "annoying" category because there are all sorts of plausible answers, but it could be a laff, and it has a watch theme! Remember, the 'right' answer is what is written on the card.

"I have the only key to the room containing the Rolexes of my late uncle Angus," said Bob. "Since his death a week ago, neither I nor anybody else has entered this room. I was quite pleased to hear that all the Rolexes were to be auctioned off and the proceeds given to charity,' continued Bob. Chris removed a huge plant whose broad leaves were turned towards the wall, partially covering the safe. While Bob was working the combination lock, Chris crossed the room to sit on the ledge of the large bay window. Bob opened the safe, and removed the large box of Rolexes. "I'm sure these watches will fetch a fortune for charity," said a smiling Bob. "Yeah, and I bet those Rolexes are either reps or there's a few missing," replied Chris. What aroused Chris's suspicion?

:g:;)

Leaves face the light. Unless the wall is made of ... um, sun, the leaves would not be facing that way.

Wow! Fast! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You're quite right, the plant must have been moved in the week that Bob said nobody had been in the room.

WINNER!

Well there go six hours of Rolex rep jokes! :doh:

:lol:

Right, here we go. This is more of a logic question that a 'what's the latest law' question :rolleyes:

A child is born in Boston, Massachusetts to parents who were both born in Boston, Massachusetts. The child is not an American citizen. How could this be possible?

:yu:

A child is born in Boston, Massachusetts to parents who were both born in Boston, Massachusetts. The child is not an American citizen. How could this be possible?

If you're born in an airport or embassy, you're not a citizen.

The child was born prior to the American Revolution of 1775 so he/she was a British subject.

Ken

Not just correct - almost word for word correct! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

WINNER!

(Do you need to see the doll again, Ken or is one enough? ;) )

This is a more straightforward, less controversial type question. A cup of tea and a biscuit kind of question.... ;)

There is a cage at Dubbo Zoo that contains both peacocks and wild pigs. If there is a total of 30 eyes and 44 feet, how many of each are in the cage?

:)

7 Pigs, 8 Peacocks.......................and no I'm way past the cupie doll prizes now ;)

Ken :D

Did I mention how wild these pigs were?

:lol::lol::lol:

Just as well you're past the cupie doll prizes now, Ken, because I'm running low on stock! Of course, you're right again!

Hmm...here we go....

What was once round but looks like it just melted?

:lol: or failing that, here's a proper question...

How can you physically stand behind your father while he is standing behind you? :blink: