When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

After 7 months of waiting... My WM9 16622 YM is in my hands...

ubiquitous

Some hurried and rushed pics just to get something up in the initial post. I'll try to take some better pics today when I have an opportunity to take my time.

As for the watch itself- Very, very quality. Feels extremely gen-like and the bracelet is very well done with great SELs. Case is sumptuously polished, the dial looks amazing in person. Nice U shaped CGs, bezel feels great to turn with the uni-directional click.

I've never really warmed up to the 16622 prior (gen and especially not the rep), but the WM9 has me feeling otherwise. I love it. And... Definitely worth the wait.

:)

Looks amazing.

Even though I do not really like this model (had two or three YMs and sold them) I feel I might be tempted enough to add it to the collection.

Am I seeing things that are not there or is the 6 o clock marker not aligned properly?

IMG_8128.jpg

Wear it well Randy!

Yeah... The marker looks slightly crooked. Just a fraction of a mm off, but enough to notice; with something so small, any slight margin of error is noticable.

Not really sure that it bothers me a whole lot at the moment; not much I can do about it right now either. Perhaps after the Holidays I'll look into correcting it :)

Ah, she's a beauty alright R, enjoy :tu:

That gorgeous dial is worth the price alone, never mind the U-shaped CGs, and of course the 2892 and accompanying correct crown/stem/case alignment.

Couple of quick Qs....

1. Weight - saw the specs on WM9's site, says it's a few grams short of the gen due to the movt weight differences. Now I'm a little sceptical on that as I know the gen feels surprisingly HEAVY due to the Pt bits (dial and insert), which the rep doesn't have so I'm confused a little.....

2. And the DW - slightly off as usual? Can you drive a bus between the numerals on the 10th?

Awesome looking watch. I haven't received my stock yet. I knew it would look good. How about some lume shots Ubi?

Ubi must have preordered it. Preorder gives a lot of savings. We are going to do preorders for the SD in Jan. The first preorder gets you the watch at $375, 2nd at $425, 3rd at $475, 4th at $525, 5th at $575, 6th at $625. Final price is $675. Preorders are 1 month apart. Target finish date is July. But it's always late. You have to have patience.

Sorry to digress on the thread.

-bk

WOW.... that really is the more gorgeous YM dial i've ever seen (apart from the gen's :p)! The finishing on the case & bracelet looks to be absolutely top class... And when you say it feels great, i think i'm in love with this again, R! :wub:

Wear it in great health, mate!

Thanks for the info too, bk... :)

Nice, R! The fit and finish of the case and bracelet sure does look great in the pics! Maybe now you'll revive your YM dial project?

BTW, why did it take 7 months?

B- Thanks much for the knd words! The dial is quite nice in it's own right- Great color, sparkle, the markers are all nicely finished and the fonts are very well done. No real complaints here :) I'm not sure I could do much better, as it's already pretty dang good.

Heh... The big wait was because I purchased while the watch was still in it's development stages. i.e. I more or less bought and paid for the watch prior to having seen any sort of completed piece (only parts and pieces here and there as WM9 was working on fine tuning all the bits). The watch was officially signed off on in August and then they started rolling out with production and delivery to a number of other folks who had purchased and paid months before I did (some people paid into the project last December!). So, just recently, they've been working their way down the wait list, and I was lucky enough to get mine today :)

Ah, she's a beauty alright R, enjoy :tu:

That gorgeous dial is worth the price alone, never mind the U-shaped CGs, and of course the 2892 and accompanying correct crown/stem/case alignment.

Couple of quick Qs....

1. Weight - saw the specs on WM9's site, says it's a few grams short of the gen due to the movt weight differences. Now I'm a little sceptical on that as I know the gen feels surprisingly HEAVY due to the Pt bits (dial and insert), which the rep doesn't have so I'm confused a little.....

2. And the DW - slightly off as usual? Can you drive a bus between the numerals on the 10th?

S- I can't really comment on the weight; wish I had a scale that could dispell any doubts, but I can honestly say that it's not too terribly heavy. I do recall handling my former VP's gen, and noting that it really wasn't as heavy as I'd thought it would be; I suppose the difference in bezel/insert and dial only add up to a few grams difference over the same parts for, say a 16610 Sub. I'm not sure that the small difference in grams would be that noticable in hand.

As for the DW- It's really not too bad. Looks better than the sample piece on WM9's website, but still slightly off. The 10 is well done; no big gaps between the numerals.

@urabus and bk- I need to get some lume shots, but the lume is nice and bright!

BK is absolutely right, BTW. Pre-orders will land WM9 projects in development for very reasonable prices. The only drawback is that you don't know what the final product will look like until it's done, though I can personally say that all of their final production pieces have been above and beyond top notch. In other words... Nothing to worry about with what you'll likely receive with a pre-order :)

As for this piece... I didn't get a chance to take any other pics today- I'll try tomorrow morning/early afternoon and post them up here. I'm very pleased with this watch, and can honestly say that I don't have much in the way of mods planned for this one. Just a gen crown and possibly a gen 295C (though not necessary). Doesn't really need much else...

Thanks all for the kind words! Much appreciated!

Cheers,

R