When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Happy New Year

RobbieG

I just wanted to thank RWG and the great membership for providing me another fantastic year of enjoyment. For this middle aged workaholic (that is not a bad thing - I love my work) the interaction here is a Godsend for what can sometimes be an intensely boring game of waiting and playing cat and mouse. I have 10 active monitors in the three computers and three discrete connections here at my trade desk and one of them is permanently set to RWG - THE ONE SMACK IN THE MIDDLE! Guess that says where my priorities are. LOL. But in all seriousness, I hold my membership and my freindships here very dearly and I just wanted to say with all my heart what a pleasure it has been getting to know many of you over the years. I know, I know, kinda mushy - and I haven't even started drinking yet.

New Years Resolutions? For me there are three:

-First is to continue to travel more with my lovely wife to be and turn the reigns over to my #1 more and more so I can enjoy the fruits while I'm still alive

-Second is to continue to refine my watch collection and remained settled on just a few world class pieces

-Third is to make my RWG posts even longer than ever... :D

I wish all of you a healthy and happy and wealthy 2009. Now let's hear your resolutions too...

happy20new20year20i.jpg

Thanks for your wishes Robbi.

I too want to wish RWG's community all the best in 2009.

Resolutions:

- I want to get fit again.

- To smoke less.

- To be a better father and a better person.

- Fall in love is done...only missing her green light to get toghether :wub:

And, why not dream a bit and "Imagine all the people, living live in peace" ?

Warm regards,

Stephane

Here's to a healthy New Year!...........but before that..................................

I'm gonna drink, smoke and try all the goodies that Thailand, Palau, and the Philippines have to offer in two weeks!

Six weeks of partying......diving......tanning...........yeah! :drinks:

i HOPE i have enough left to slug thru the rest of 2009!

Happy New Year to all!

Never make new years resolutions. Usually do not keep them. If it is important to me I try to Start Today.

Really enjoy RWG and this community. Have been wearing my RWG ring in hopes of running into a fellow member.

May we continue to give love and support to each other!

Resolutions:

- Fall in love is done...only missing her green light to get toghether :wub:

lol, Stephane, this made me chuckle. I think I can relate!

My resolutions are to lose more weight and get fitter, to buy less junk, and to be a better person.

Happy 2009, muchachos :good:

And to the guys wanting to get healthier, I wish you the best!

Remember to encourage eachother, find a fitness buddy or someone to do it with you. You'll be amazed how much it helps having a partner.

And they are easy to find!

I like the last part of your resolution TJ, I think this is my goal.

I find everyday I have so much to learn about being a better person.

Thank you RWG and the people here for giving me a hobby which I truly enjoy and brings me excitement. (and gives me a great break from my graduate program!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVERYONE!!!

lol, Stephane, this made me chuckle. I think I can relate!

And to the guys wanting to get healthier, I wish you the best!

Remember to encourage eachother, find a fitness buddy or someone to do it with you. You'll be amazed how much it helps having a partner.

And they are easy to find!

I like the last part of your resolution TJ, I think this is my goal.

I find everyday I have so much to learn about being a better person.

Thank you RWG and the people here for giving me a hobby which I truly enjoy and brings me excitement. (and gives me a great break from my graduate program!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVERYONE!!!

You know, being a better person is mandatory.

We all must try hard to be better.

But, and this is a revelation to me, being in love is an essential state.

I thought I have been in love ...several times.

I won't enter the details but I was in love only one time...with an angel in the early 80ies and we shared a fantastic couple of years.

Our common life was very special.

It took us 25 years to realise it and now we're in deep shit as she ain't single at the moment.

But we know the love story isn't gone...and wonder why we needed 25 years to understand it.

So, that is where we are at so far.

I doubt it will stay like that though...life is long, and we're only 48.

Great post.

The only resolution for me at the moment is to keep plowing ahead. As my watch collection dwindles, I unfortunately will be shifting my time and focus.

I have made some very great friends and hopefully helped a few folks here and there. For those of you who have my personal email, feel free to reach out if there is anything I can do to help. To the rest of this family, new and old, be kind, treat each other well and if you don't know it yet you will soon come to realize.............You won't find a better group of people who, having never met you, will be there for you through good times and bad.......at least they have been for me.

God Bless each and every one of you and thanks for being here for me.

And now, I sign off and brace myself for whatever 2009 has in store for me and my family.

Kurt aka justasgood......Peace to all.

Kurt we should be asking if there is anything we can do for you. I'm so sorry the hand life has dealt you at the moment, but it will get better. It always does. Man, I grew up poor trash with no running water, terrible stepfather, eating grown tomatoes for days on end and splittng wood for heat to survive in the far north. I used an old down coat for a pillow cause I didn't have one. No joke. Somehow, I got lifted up and out and ended up in college in a big city, got educated and eventually owning a successful business. YOUR miracle is out there man. I'm living proof. I'm supposed to have no teeth, a drinking problem and be living in a tent if my past had anything to say about it.

I only wish I had something for you to do in my company and I would hire you in a second just for the hell of it. I mean that I really do. But what I do is so specialized there is no way I could make it work unless you were already a great trader or programmer. But just know in sprirt that I am pulling for you and I'm sure many more are here too. You have a good heart and are a giving person and we can tell you love your family. Something is going to break for you I can feel it. Just be creative and keep at it. Knock on EVERY door and forget the paper. Press the flesh. Kind spirits find other kind spirits that way. If you need to vent PM or Skype me and I'm usually within earshot and I'll be happy to listen.

Happy New Year brother. Chin up.

R

Great post.

The only resolution for me at the moment is to keep plowing ahead. As my watch collection dwindles, I unfortunately will be shifting my time and focus.

I have made some very great friends and hopefully helped a few folks here and there. For those of you who have my personal email, feel free to reach out if there is anything I can do to help. To the rest of this family, new and old, be kind, treat each other well and if you don't know it yet you will soon come to realize.............You won't find a better group of people who, having never met you, will be there for you through good times and bad.......at least they have been for me.

God Bless each and every one of you and thanks for being here for me.

And now, I sign off and brace myself for whatever 2009 has in store for me and my family.

Kurt aka justasgood......Peace to all.

See what I mean.....pay attention noobs and others......you won't find this kind of thing in too many places much less in individuals.

Thank you for the kind words.............and the offer.......funny, I actually did my time on a main frame way back when.....IBM SYS 36, SYS 38 and eventually the future of computing.....the AS400 :p Mostly programmed using RPG and other basics COBALT etc....but I am a Salesman by nature and a horrible business man.....I tend to concern myself with customer satisfaction rather than company profit......not a good combo....but hey, my customers love me :D

I have vowed to take my hands off the wheel and enjoy the ride....after all, it is by "His" design so who am I to question why.

Kurt.

See what I mean.....pay attention noobs and others......you won't find this kind of thing in too many places much less in individuals.

Thank you for the kind words.............and the offer.......funny, I actually did my time on a main frame way back when.....IBM SYS 36, SYS 38 and eventually the future of computing.....the AS400 :p Mostly programmed using RPG and other basics COBALT etc....but I am a Salesman by nature and a horrible business man.....I tend to concern myself with customer satisfaction rather than company profit......not a good combo....but hey, my customers love me :D

I have vowed to take my hands off the wheel and enjoy the ride....after all, it is by "His" design so who am I to question why.

Kurt.

That's the best attitude to have, brother, it certainly keeps thing interesting :) Here's to a good 2009 to you and your family :good:

Money is round. It rolls to you and away from you!

Keeplng a positive attitude not only puts out positive energy it also opens the door for that

energy to return.

Best of luck......All your watches can be replaced......And probably with gens!!!!!