When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Start of the Week Wrist Checks

lanikai

I've been wearing my X-33 most of the day, but, a while ago, I had the urge to put a Rolex I built a while back, back on a bracelet and see how I liked it... I have to admit, I'm feeling it more than I have previously... Behold, the watch formerly refered to as 'The Patient'...

DSCN0587.jpg

DSCN0591.jpg

Comprising:

Asian GMT Master II

Silix 'Vintage Rolex' dial (modified to fit over GMT movement)

Nothing spectacular, I know, but I just felt the urge to give it some wrist time, and introduce it to folks :)

Well, I'm surprised to say, that, despite changing the bracelet for a more modern one (the other rattled too much) I'm still wearing my DIY GMT Submariner :o

DSCN0595.jpg

Okay, so the night visibility wasn't particularly good, but, I still haven't had the urge to rip it off my wrist... Even the irritating rattle of the other bracelet only made me swap the bracelets, and not take it off... :o Still needs some work on it, I think a set of vintage sword hands will improve the visibility, but, I'm pretty impressed thus far... a 20 minute soak in a scalding hot bath, and not a hint of fogging or condensation :good: