When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Saved Actor Owen Wilson's Life

cornerstone

This is funny, check out this press release: "Wearing a Rolex Submariner and attending Rolex Benefits helped Owen Wilson realize his life was valuable and worth living"

Rolex Watches Help Owen Wilson Recover From Attempted Suicide

They were taking the piss out of it in the Guardian, and best of all I see that it comes from our very own.......MELROSE JEWELERS and their SEO team.

If you don't remember Melrose Jewelers....

melrosejn0.jpg

Anyway, here's the PR release for you - enjoy!

Rolex Watches Help Owen Wilson Recover From Attempted Suicide

After Owen Wilson's Suicide Attempt, Rolex Watches Play a Key Role in the Recovery of Owen Wilson, Reported by Melrose Jewelers, USA's #1 Online Rolex Watch Retailer

Most viewed on msnbc.com

updated 4:30 a.m. ET Jan. 2, 2009

SEATTLE, WA - Rolex: Melrose Jewelers reports that, after a frightening suicide attempt in 2007, Rolex watches appeared to play an essential role in actor Owen Wilson's recovery. On August 29, 2007, Time magazine reported: "speculation about his drug use, depression over his May break-up from Hudson and a recent fight with a friend have peppered the coverage of Wilson's hospitalization." A People magazine cover story out Friday quotes a friend as saying: "Owen was very despondent. He slit his wrists. He almost did not make it." It was a dark period in Wilson life, and Rolex watches played a key role in helping Owen regain his bearings and his success.

Although Owen Wilson has worn a Rolex GMT Master in the popular films "Wedding Crashers" and "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou," he chooses to wear a Rolex Submariner in his everyday life. It is not surprising that he would make such a choice. The Rolex Oyster Perpetual Submariner originally was designed for diving and known for their resistance to water. The first Rolex Submariner was introduced to the public in 1954 at the Swiss Watch Fair. Copied by other watchmakers, the Rolex Submariner is recognized as a classic, and one of the most widely recognized luxury products in the world. The Rolex Submariner is part of Rolex's Oyster Perpetual Professional line. After returning home from the hospital, Owen was captured by a photographer walking on the beach, wearing his Rolex Submariner. Later, he was seen riding his mountain bike in Santa Monica with the Rolex Submariner on his wrist. Obviously, the quality of a Rolex watch helped Owen realize and appreciate the quality of his own life.

A celebrity is expected to show up at a multitude of events, and Owen used the Rolex Mentor and Prot

I have Interstital Cystisis, a disease of the bladder that is sometimes so severe I wonder if I can go on. I sleep with my watch collection surrounding both sides of my bed. It sure does cheer me up. I live because they make me happy.

I assume Owen Wilson looked down at his watch and his Rolex gave him the will to endure.

not that I give two shits about Owen Wilson, Hollywood, Rolex, or Melrose Jewelers, but I have to comment on how utterly tasteless this kind of publicity is. That would be like saying Astroglide helped the Travoltas get over the loss of their son. I should write an article called, "Melrose Jewelers Teaches Everyone How Not to be a Tasteless Douche."

My Omega saved my life one time. I was out drinking one night and ended up boning this fat chick. After I was done I looked at her and realized my mistake. I looked at the lume on my seamaster in the night, glowing like a lighthouse, jumped up and said "[censored], it is late, I gotta go!" and ran out the door. I never told anyone about it until today.

Obviously, the quality of a Rolex watch helped Owen realize and appreciate the quality of his own life.

:rofl:

I nearly pissed myself when I read that :lol:

My Omega saved my life one time. I was out drinking one night and ended up boning this fat chick. After I was done I looked at her and realized my mistake. I looked at the lume on my seamaster in the night, glowing like a lighthouse, jumped up and said "Shit, it is late, I gotta go!" and ran out the door. I never told anyone about it until today.

B) Smooth B)

Everytime we end up in that occasional really bad trade and I get to watch hundreds of thousands of highly levered assets evaporate before my very eyes, I always walk over to my watch box.

At that point I either:

- Gaze into the glass top wondering which gen I'm going to sell first when I go broke - all the while screaming maniacally that the software will never work like my brain. At this point my lead programmer is usually looking for the exit.

- Or if it is really bad I open the bottom drawer and take out a rubber PAM strap. This is to use as a tourniquet to save my life in case I decide to slit my wrists and end it all.

Everytime we end up in that occasional really bad trade and I get to watch hundreds of thousands of highly levered assets evaporate before my very eyes, I always walk over to my watch box.

At that point I either:

- Gaze into the glass top wondering which gen I'm going to sell first when I go broke - all the while screaming maniacally that the software will never work like my brain. At this point my lead programmer is usually looking for the exit.

- Or if it is really bad I open the bottom drawer and take out a rubber PAM strap. This is to use as a tourniquet to save my life in case I decide to slit my wrists and end it all.

If you ever go down that route, remember to go elbow to wrist... side to side across the wrist is just for show ;)

PS I call dibs on your UN ;)

PPS Don't kill yourself, it's forbidden :lol:

If you ever go down that route, remember to go elbow to wrist... side to side across the wrist is just for show ;)

PS I call dibs on your UN ;)

PPS Don't kill yourself, it's forbidden :lol:

Just for show...hahaha...you are absolutely right...too funny...

And the UN? Everyone is laying dibs on that and the others. When I had the heart scare Stephane called dibs on all the gens and Mahler the reps. Although Mahler would leave empty handed at the moment. :D But since you are my Libran brother in blood I guess you can cherry pick the UN MMD and Stephane can claim the rest. No one mentioned the other UN which isn't famous because I have failed to shoot it yet...

Just for show...hahaha...you are absolutely right...too funny...

Not that anyone would want to go down that route, but there's a difference between someone genuinely wanting to end their life, and someone just making a cry for attention...

And the UN? Everyone is laying dibs on that and the others. When I had the heart scare Stephane called dibs on all the gens and Mahler the reps. Although Mahler would leave empty handed at the moment. :D

I'm not surprized, it's such a gorgeous watch, it's just a bitch that there's not a rep of it available, or I'd probably have one in my collection :)

But since you are my Libran brother in blood I guess you can cherry pick the UN MMD and Stephane can claim the rest.

B) Sweet B)

No one mentioned the other UN which isn't famous because I have failed to shoot it yet...

:huh:

There's another?

yoda1111_1115995430.jpg