When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dealer Discussion And Sad News For Me

Estaban

I just got home from the humane society where I had to surrender my loving companion of the last 11+ years. She had been acting odd for the past two weeks (tearing stuff up, running away etc.) and we decided as a family that we couldn't take care of her any longer. This was the hardest thing I have ever done. We felt like she was going to injure herself, and couldn't live with that.

Here's a pic of my dog Casey.

I came home hoping to catch up on some emails, check out some watches, and read the forum. The discussion over dealers and their prices etc. hasn't helped out at all. Give it a rest guys. It's only watches.

Estaban,

Losing a family member is very difficult. My wife and father-in-law had to put their family pet of 16 years to sleep a few years ago. It was very difficult for both of them. I had to drive them home from the clinic.

I wish you well. Casey is a good looking dog and will live on in your stories.

Kind regards,

Indy

Very sorry to hear this Estaban I had bad luck with a couple of loved pets whe I was young, one was hit by a car in front of me (and it was my fault), the other was hit by a truck when a family member left the gate open.

The pain I suffered on those two occassions has ment that I have not aquired another pet (except goldfish) in over 35 years.

Ken

I just got home from the humane society where I had to surrender my loving companion of the last 11+ years. She had been acting odd for the past two weeks (tearing stuff up, running away etc.) and we decided as a family that we couldn't take care of her any longer. This was the hardest thing I have ever done. We felt like she was going to injure herself, and couldn't live with that.

Here's a pic of my dog Casey.

I came home hoping to catch up on some emails, check out some watches, and read the forum. The discussion over dealers and their prices etc. hasn't helped out at all. Give it a rest guys. It's only watches.

My heart goes out to you. I have the good fortune of not yet having that experience, but I worry that some day soon I may. My cat is 17 and for most of her life has been my best friend. I can only imagine what you are going thru. All the best.

Estaban,

I have no children and my pets are all my family after my wife.

Exactly one year ago on these days I lost one of them (the first in the pics below) after 12 years together and a 18 months agony.

With all my respect to any others who posted, probably noone can feel your actual feelings more than me.

Have all my understanding and sympathy.

This was the hardest thing I have ever done.

We had our cat Tony put to sleep recently as he was just too old to live without extreme discomfort. It was hard weighing his needs over ours and we were upset but went with his quality of life as the determining factor. It was very sad and I feel for anyone else who has to go through that.

Estaban, I am sorry to hear about Casey. I am a dog-lover/owner as well. I have lived around dogs since I was born. I have my fair share of the experience. Dogs come and go throughout my life. Everytime one of them passed or had to be put down, it hurts. It is very difficult time. Just a few weeks ago, one of my dogs was diagnosed with a malignant cancer in his gums at the lower mandible, prognosis wasnt too good. Tumour removed but expecting it to resurfaced again soon... and this time round, he would have to be put down. His sister passed away too years ago with cancer as well.

No other dog can replace the one you have. Every dog is different and unique in their own ways. Remember the good times you both shared together. My most sincere condolences to you and your family.

-A.

Sorry to hear Estaban... We have a great cat and hate to think of the day we have to put him down...

I know there's no replacing, but I reckon getting another puppy down the track would be a great thing!!

I am sorry to hear about your Casey. Sometimes life throws the hard decisions your way, you did the right thing for him. You didn't let him suffer.

Life goes on, and it will get easier to remember Casey with fondness.

My condolences to you and your family.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

I have had dogs all my life. Every one has been a close friend and a family member to me. Losing them has been amazingly painful and I have sworn off pets multiple time because of it. But I always give in and now I have the best dog I have ever known. He is still young and I find myself mourning his future passing because I know I will face it someday, as stupid as that sounds. Until then I enjoy every day.

Hang in there.