When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally A New Generation Of Navitimer Reps?

Guest Sql_pl

sorry i didnt realize it was the 7753 configuration. i would like to back out.

I'm having a little trouble sorting out all of the information related to the different movements in the different applications. . . :blink:

So what is the scoop on the 7753 movement in this application? And why is it listed as a "7750" if it is a 7753, is that just a subset of 7750? Thanks for helping me along on some of these nuances! ! ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thad

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 7750 movement naturally has sub dials at 12,9, and 6. Like you see in the IWC GST, Tag Heur link chrono and the new breitling GT 44mm.

The 7753 is modified, so that the dials are then set at 3,6,9. In the old asian version, it was a bit of a risk when buying them, as were even the standard 7750's.

It will be interesting to see how the new movement is! As soon as one comes out with 12,9,6 I'l be in for a purchase!

sorry i was not clear. the movement IS the 7750. the subdial configuration is of a 7753 meaning they are at 3-6-9. in order to make the 7750 have the 3-6-9 subdial postion, it needs some extra gears and i am weary of having a watch with a modified 7750.

I'm having a little trouble sorting out all of the information related to the different movements in the different applications. . . :blink:

So what is the scoop on the 7753 movement in this application? And why is it listed as a "7750" if it is a 7753, is that just a subset of 7750? Thanks for helping me along on some of these nuances! ! ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thad

sorry i was not clear. the movement IS the 7750. the subdial configuration is of a 7753 meaning they are at 3-6-9. in order to make the 7750 have the 3-6-9 subdial postion, it needs some extra gears and i am weary of having a watch with a modified 7750.

But wouldn't the recent PAM 187 fit that description also? In the frenzy that was created when that became available no one mentioned the potential problem of the movement.

I'm gonna switch to the white one because it will match my gold chains and feather earrings better.

Plus 85% of my watches are black dialed. Fool.

mine will match my lowered white with gold pearl lincoln mark viii on dubs. lol, i'm serious!

Since Ruby mentioned me I'll chime in.

I've been intently following the information that has been flowing in on this watch since day one, and although details have been sketchy at times, I've seen enough to make the observation that these are the best representations of the A23322 Navitimer we've seen yet.

• The movement. Although we've had no confirmation, I'm almost positive this is the 28k movement. No need to mention the benefits of that, search The Zigmeisters forum.

• Date font, although not identical, is much more believable than previous versions.

• Date window, again is not as big as the gen, but much closer, now features mitered edges.

• Subdials are now recessed like the gen.

From the photographs I've seen, the white version seems far better than the black or blue for the following reasons;

• The mitering of the date window is cleaner and more accurate. The edges on the coloured versions seem a bit sloppy.

• The subdials appear to be perfect. Recessed and piepanned perfectly. I've observed little or no piepan effect on the colored versions. If there is a piepan effect, it is not as much as the gen or the white version.

For those who want to know the flaws (I'm not knocking the watch here, just being objective)

• The numbers on the bezel ring don't come close enough to the crystal (same as all versions)

• Date window is slightly smaller than gen (better than any other version though)

• Date wheel is still too deep (as long as the modified 7750 is used, thats the way its going to be)

• Piepans on the coloured versions are too flat or non existent (still the best subdials yet)

• Hands may be a little fat (I've never noticed, but another member pointed this out. I don't think anyone will notice)

• Date font, although much closer, is wrong. Also, on the gen, single digit dates are horizontal in the window and double digit dates are vertical.

Buying Advice

All three versions are the best we've seen, and I cant see them getting any better for some time, but the white is definately slightly more accurate. At $220 shipped, this is the bargain of a lifetime so, if you have been thinking about a Navitimer, jump on it! Buy with the SS strap, not the leather. The SS band is gorgeous and very accurate. The leather straps are cheap (as on most reps) and are a dead giveaway IMHO. Get a BOB Navitimer strap, very close to the gen leather strap in thickness, stitching and quality. Also, no need to have doubts about Ruby, feedback at RWI has been nothing but positive. She seems to go that extra mile for her customers.

PS, It's tax time here Ruby, hopefully in a month or so when I've got some spare cash you will extend me this offer!

i ordered both bands with mine so i would get the correct deployment buckle to put on my new leather strap.

atta boy hk45ca! I always took off the SS bands and replaced with aftermarket leather. When I got my Navi I fell in love with the SS. I still wear leather because de bracelet gets scuffed on my desk, but I through the SS on for special occasions!

BTW, I cant tellyou how much I like the BOB strap

101266-26237.jpg

101266-26238.jpg

I'm a little angry right now at a couple of people talking negativly about this watch to perspective buyers and possibly wrecking Rubys group buy...This is pretty poor form.

Surely there is some etiqutte between dealers...

Anyway my final review:-

1:-The subdials do have the pie pans that the original does

The original of this model of navitimer does have very slight raised "pie pans" and Rubys version

is exactly the same as the original Watch..It is just hard to capture in the photos.

Some other versions of the gen Navitimer have slightly larger "pie pans" but this version is 100% accurate.

2:- The bracelet has some screws on one side and some on the other.

Easy fix, Just remove the screws, slide out the bracelet Link and change it around so the screws all face the same way like the gen.

3:- The watch does have the newer 7750 movement.

OK I can finally end speculation about this.

I took my watch down to my trusty watchmaker and paid to have the beat of the watch tested.

Conclusion....THis model which I received from Ruby does indeed have the higher beating 7750 movement.

4:- The date window is still not correct.

Yip still an issue but the date has never been correct on any version of this watch so this is something that you

live with as it is the only fault on the whole watch

Guys, Ruby is a great dealer and I trust her 100%..She has excellent communication when ordering and follows up asking how the watches are and making sure you're happy with the quality etc.

If the watch is somehow faulty or fails sometime after owning then Ruby will replace.

The price she is offering is an absolute bargain as it is easily the best Navi on the market at the moment...Here in Australia the gen goes for $7700 Aussie dollars so quite the saving

Edited by bwhitesox

atta boy hk45ca! I always took off the SS bands and replaced with aftermarket leather. When I got my Navi I fell in love with the SS. I still wear leather because de bracelet gets scuffed on my desk, but I through the SS on for special occasions!

BTW, I cant tellyou how much I like the BOB strap

how much will a really smokin beige colored leather strap cost me? i think the watch is nice enough to put a real high quality chunk of leather on it.

i wanted both bands so i could change it up. i have 3 crappy brietling reps and i love to ware them so i know i will ware this one all of the time as they will be put to rest now that i finally was able to buy a good one.

I'm a little angry right now at a couple of people talking negativly about this watch to perspective buyers and possibly wrecking Rubys group buy...This is pretty poor form.

Anyway my final review:-

The original of this model of navitimer does have very slight raised "pie pans" and Rubys version

is exactly the same as the original Watch..It is just hard to capture in the photos.

Some other versions of the gen Navitimer have slightly larger "pie pans" but this version is 100% accurate.

2:- The bracelet has some screws on one side and some on the other.

Easy fix, Just remove the screws, slide out the bracelet Link and change it around so the screws all face the same way like the gen.

3:- The watch does have the newer 7750 movement.

OK I can finally end speculation about this.

I took my watch down to my trusty watchmaker and paid to have the beat of the watch tested.

Conclusion....THis model which I received from Ruby does indeed have the higher beating 7750 movement.

4:- The date window is still not correct.

Yip still an issue but the date has never been correct on any version of this watch so this is something that you

live with as it is the only fault on the whole watch

Guys, Ruby is a great dealer and I trust her 100%..She has excellent communication when ordering and follows up asking how the watches are and making sure you're happy with the quality etc.

If the watch is somehow faulty or fails sometime after owning then Ruby will replace.

The price she is offering is an absolute bargain as it is easily the best Navi on the market at the moment...Here in Australia the gen goes for $7700 Aussie dollars so quite the saving

i understand business tactics and trying to be competitive, get a slice of the pie and all of that stuff, but i must say i was some surprized buy that. i would have thought they would have started another thread to sell their version of this watch at a discounted price. i am some surprized buy them thinking they had something that she didn't. she lives their and knows all of the factories and the products she might be young but she is certainly not stupid. she goes out and beats the streets and finds the absolute best. that is something you cannot do on a daily basis unless you live there.

because of her location and her ambition she is a force to be delt with. i think it is funny there was all of this talk 1 month ago about some of the dealers were thinking about changeing the way they do business and the services they offered to us because it was getting harder for them to ship, garauntee delivery and address customer complaints.

then ruby shows up and throws a big wrench into the works. she will meet or beat their prices and give unparalelled service and garauntees. she has had my business for along time and i will continue to use her as my primary dealer. when she has something that she feels is unsatisfactory she will tell you so you can look else where and of course i always contact joshua. even ruby has told me to go to joshua for certain things because he has excellent items and will do the same. if it is not good he will tell you.

i think maybe what we seen was a knee jerk reaction and it was over compensated somewhat. we all know that all of our dealers are the best in the business but like i said i am some surprized about this was handled and the mannor it was addressed in.

I believe you have the white dial version, and the piepans have never been in question on that model. Its the black and blue model that seem to be lacking.

The white one is the de facto Navitimer to me. It's the one they have in my local AD's window. It's the one that's got me drooling a little too much.

Agreed pug the white is beautiful! The black one however is the "poster child" for breitling, and is a must have. The two watches are so different, I could see having both in my collection!

Hk! I don't know Ruby but I trust you honest opinion...apparently you had only good experiences and you stand by her. Based on that, I'm willing to give it a try.

I had similar experiences with Joshua....in more than one occasion he declined to sell a certain item because the quality was not there or a new one was coming up...same with Eddie. :) I'd like to see Ruby as a dealer in the forum...(I believe that the 'knee jerk reaction' you mention had more to do with the fact that a group buy was being orchestrated for an outside dealer than with anything else...Andy might have honestly thought that the movm't was not a good one...I believe he has proven his integrity in more than one ocassion) (just my 0.02) :g:

Again, I'd like to see trustworthy and reliable dealers in the dealers section...I hope Ruby joins us!

Best regards!

Alex

i understand business tactics and trying to be competitive, get a slice of the pie and all of that stuff, but i must say i was some surprized buy that. i would have thought they would have started another thread to sell their version of this watch at a discounted price. i am some surprized buy them thinking they had something that she didn't. she lives their and knows all of the factories and the products she might be young but she is certainly not stupid. she goes out and beats the streets and finds the absolute best. that is something you cannot do on a daily basis unless you live there.

because of her location and her ambition she is a force to be delt with. i think it is funny there was all of this talk 1 month ago about some of the dealers were thinking about changeing the way they do business and the services they offered to us because it was getting harder for them to ship, garauntee delivery and address customer complaints.

then ruby shows up and throws a big wrench into the works. she will meet or beat their prices and give unparalelled service and garauntees. she has had my business for along time and i will continue to use her as my primary dealer. when she has something that she feels is unsatisfactory she will tell you so you can look else where and of course i always contact joshua. even ruby has told me to go to joshua for certain things because he has excellent items and will do the same. if it is not good he will tell you.

i think maybe what we seen was a knee jerk reaction and it was over compensated somewhat. we all know that all of our dealers are the best in the business but like i said i am some surprized about this was handled and the mannor it was addressed in.

Ok I'm going crazy deciding to get one or not. So help me. I already have a Serie Special Black dial. So I'm leaning towards the white dial. But there is something classic and compelling about the black.

What to do?

Is it safe to say the white dial is the most "accurate" in this version as far as sub dials are concerned. Also do they have any AR coating my current model does have a light coating which is nice.

This is just the way it goes--the same thing happened (although less overtly) in the muller group by thread. The way I see it, it's just like any other business--you just deal with it. You should verify with pictures which movement is in this watch with pictures or at least how you know it's the new 7750--I think there are two asia 7750's ehich beat at 28800--one that The Zigmeister says is pretty good and another that there are some reports of reliability problems.

Dear Friends..

This version of the Navitimer is a replacement version for the earlier version.. The earlier version has 19800 bph.. This now has the 28800 bph movement.. The subdial colours is change from silver to off white.. The chamfer is cut narrower.. Becos of the movement change, date is now sitting higher, not as sunken.. The date wheel is change to have a thinner font as well. The usual slight misalignment for single digit date numerals is still present.

The same upgrades are done to the Serie Speciale as well.

I have been delivering this version for the last 2 months... Thus no need to contact me for those that ordered these watches (Standard and Serie Speciale) the last few days.. you will get this version..

I was informed of the change in the movement about 4 months ago, but not for the changes to the dial which was 2 months ago. Thus i did not border changing my pics.. I am now in the midst of changing my pics.. The whole collection of white, black and blue dials pics will be changed on my webiste..

Thus you guys can take Ruby's word for it.

Thanks

Joshua

Edited by Jos Nana

I think i am sold on Ruby's black dial Nav with new adas 7750 movement for $220 shipped. So are we ording it as a group? or are we ordering it individually? How do we do this right so Ruby knows the exact watch deal to deliver to us?

Everyone's opions are very put in this thread and i am glad to have view this dicussion.

thanks