When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROCKETEER = K2222 - Admin Team is there something U can do ?

Pix

@Lani : let me persist and call this a scam. I know enough from behind the scene and started this topic to invite those who met real troubles to make them public. So far, only some did, they have their reasons (one dealer, amongst others)

We'll see soon other crystals that have not been coated by Chief, and which were supposed to.

I have other informations (not later than yesterday) about a large amount of money paid, monthes waiting, and in the end a screwed watch. I will let the member explain this himself here when he's ready, as he asked me not to diclose the facts precisely before he thought about it. I have to respect that but at least wish to mention that we only see here very little of what's going on.

There is no doubt that Rocket's skills are not those claimed by himself, and this alone justifies the description of scammer (I take the responsibility for the wording)

I can only agree about an official warning that anyone else than ZM, Vac and Chief are NOT modders nor watchsmithes, my wish being to forbid even to mention unendorsed modders, as it is for dealers.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is no doubt that Rocket's skills are not those claimed by himself, and this alone justifies the description of scammer (I take the responsibility for the wording)

I can only agree about an official warning that anyone else than ZM, Vac and Chief are NOT modders nor watchsmithes, my wish being to forbid even to mention unendorsed modders, as it is for dealers.

I thought he was a watchsmith who also does quite good superluming. I also heard he does the dead on arrival watches for PT. I only dealt with him once when I ordered a dsn dial and hands for my fiddy. First shippment was lost, second one arrived with airsure...

Couldn't it be that he really "only" is extremely busy, which of course doesn't legitimate the lack of communication and screwed up watches.

I'd really like to hear all that behind the scene info that makes him a scammer.

(Don't want to upset you with this, Pix and this should not be a flame of any kind... I just didn't see the reason that make this a scam.)

Couldn't he have "just" have made a big mistake by not prepping the crystals correctly so that they turned out that bad, which would be of course

his fault for which he should take full responsibility.

Scam is in my opinion when somebody does fool people on purpose to get their money...

edit: (in addition: why would a scammer give out his real shop address and his phone number etc.?)

Correct me if I'm wrong!

(THIS IS NOT A FLAME OF ANY KIND, JUST MY 2 CENTS... and I know this won't help solving the problem)

Edited by oberblender

Tend to agree with oberblender in as much that he seems to still be in contact somewhere, trying to recover the situation.

So in over his head (for now) may be appropriate....we'll see....

Different to Jakub - it maybe started off as good intentions and something went wrong.

Or he got greedy....or whatever. Since he broke all contacts and the members who could speak polish and had his home contact details stopped pursuing him, we'll never know what happened.

I still feel Rocketeer's situation is slightly different - for now...

@Oberblender : as you know I'm can't be 100% objective in that matter. You might be right on the wording.

IMO a scam if when you advertise something and do something different without permission, whatever the reasons are. But in the end, we're just having talking about semantics.

If not a scam, it's a disaster, with very similar effects.

No.

Never heard of this guy until Chiefs announcement about him.

Thank you for clearing that up Dave 'cause the general feeling here seemed to be that he was and I don't want to see any board associated with this guy ATM. Especialy if they are not (indeed, this apears to be the case with any board from what you say).

Any idea of how many unhappy campers there are over there in reference to Rocket? I think a list of all who feel he owes them somthing would not go astray. If you would be willing to collect a listing from 'geeks I can collate a list from all boards and we can see just how far the unrest goes. Not just the AR matter, all who are unhappy with Rockets services in general. I can keep names private of cause but a complete list to present to Rocket (pref with contact details) so if he cares he can deal with would be good.

Is this being discussed over there (in the open I mean)?

Col.

he was last Seen on here: Yesterday, 11:24 PM.....................hi Geoff care to send me my two non ar crystals back please.....oh and a refund would be cool.

this is what I don't understand...he was here, he is aware of this thread (definitely got the info by PM, e-mail, phone call)...why doesn't he answer?!

some people should be banned only for not having the right manners when it comes to doing business - not only for being scammers!

Some news, I'm quoting only a part of the BS I received as an excuse.

Your IWC crystal was returned with some obvious scratches to the coating and the mineral Breitling crystal was returned damaged.

Is there anyone here still thinking we should not worry ?

@Chief : I am forwarding you the complete mail from Rocketeer. As usual, the fault is not his. Read the mail, and draw your own conclusions.

Almost 5 monthes for that result...

Having received many AR coated crystals from Chief since his first run, I can tell you that the crystals are absouletly perfect and have no damage marks or other imperfections.

For someone to state that they have received damaged crystals from Chieftang is an outright lie, this is begining to show the true character of Rocketeer.

We have all experienced this type of behaviour before with other modders (RBJ, FF etc), blame everyone else for your problems and lie as much as you can.

Is a liar worse than a scammer, or the same...

So finally we agree about the blatant lies and the wording : this is a scam. Nothing else.

I asked for my watches back, as they are, I don't want more damages nor wait or lies. And for a refund and compensation. I am however quite hopeless on the latter.

I was proposed a replacement crystal, which of course is difficult to find and will take time + a local Ar coating (not the first time to hear, right ?) I don't want that horrible UK coating, I want Chief's one...

I can get local Ar coatings anytime in E.U. in less than 10 days, and it's the quality of Chief's coating which made me do the step into the now infamous E.U. run.

The IWC Portofino was supposedly prepped by Rocketeer, so you might have the explanation about who did a mistake. I never wore this watch.

As I mentionned before, I would not take the risk to pop up a Breitling crystal, and this is an evidence that it is difficult : I can only imagine the crystal got broken while unmounted or mounted. If ever. Maybe just never sent, as it was the case for other members. For your reference, this crystal is very thick, I can't understand how and how it would break so easily.

I will disclose the full content of the mail by PM to admins if they wish, although I know, again, they have not much room to act on our behalf. At least, I beg RWG's admin team to ban Rocketeer to avoid more disappointments.

Such a shame...

I got an email back from Rocketeer this morning,

May be I am wrong ..... but from the content of his mail , the alternatives he is offering , etc..... It does not look like a scammer to me.

Everything indicates either a job underestimated in effort or a job badly organized or bad communication or a mix from all reasons.

I don't really want to get in to who did what wrong (its pointless now).

I must say though that I do not get a sign or the perception of a scammer (at least not from the realistic alternatives he offering me).

Rocketeer is offering me a local UK AR.

Anybody has any experiences with this local UK AR ??

Color , quality ???? etc...

Thanks

PD: let's all cool down with this.

Too much flaming here.

@AMK : I posted an example some pages ago. It looks green and is very reflective.

Ask to Rooster what he thinks about it, as it concerns his watch. I have not seen the result by myself.

It's your right to consider the alternatives as fair, and Rocketeer as an honest watchsmith.

I can't ignore however what was proposed initially, and I can't accept Rocketeer to try to endorse the role of the one who is trying to fix problems generated in his view by Chieftang (let's call the thing how they are !!)

Does that mean he screwed your crystals too ?

It does look very much like Chiefs AR run has been hijacked so Rocketeer can start his own AR business.

I hope I'm wrong here but it doesn't look promising.

Ken

I've heard that he's asked a couple customers now to spread the word about his AR services on the forums...

It's almost comical at this point (but not quite).

I had my old school pam 1B send to him for modding, he serviced the movement, relumed the dial, fitted a new non AR saphire glas and installed a T48 crown. I took long but I got the watch back 2 weeks ago and the work is very well done. The lume is very well aplied, looks the same as my PAM61 that was relumed by The Zigmeister only the quality of the lume is not the same as The Zigmeister, so I guess not real tritec lume. For the price I paid for reluming (40 pound) it's bad. He also answered my mails every time. Maybe i'm lucky. I think the problem is with modders is that they work on rep's, and sometimes they damage a watch, and than they dissapear because they don't want to refund for the costs and watch

I will post pics if members want

Here's one UPO crystal that came back. It was posted on RWI and I do feel it makes sense to show how bad it is.

I'm afraid the theory of a simultaneous local AR coating might be right... It's not the first time I hear this possibility. That's not honest, we signed for a Chief's run !!

:thumbdown::angry:

DSC09398800x600.jpg

(on the left...needless to confirm)

@Kenberg : the run was hijacked, for sure. I just don't know how many members are concerned. We know 32 crystals went to Chieftang. For the rest ?

@AMK : that picture was originally posted by Rooster on RWI, I took the liberty to post it here, as it's a fact and it's been made public.

I've heard that he's asked a couple customers now to spread the word about his AR services on the forums...

@Chief: Even though I am sure that your statement is not referring to me ... I feel clarifying that Geoff didn't asked me to do so (spreading the word regarding his UK AR).

It is just me asking other members for their their experiences (if any) regarding this new AR before accepting Geoff's offer.

@all

In any case, I will not flame (yet) Rocketeer until I see the results of his work regarding AR and movement service.

Need to judge with my own eyes first. If results are bad, I will let the community know. If good, I will also do the same.

@Pix:

Thanks for posting the photo (PO with green AR).

I agree. Is horrible.

One question here , do you know if this PO had the AR treatment while had not AR (or had the existing AR removed) or the CHN factory std AR was not removed first before applying the new one ??

If the 2nd is true , (and it resulted to a green bad AR).... then maybe if we make sure that Roketeer removes well the existing AR first ... then maybe (I say maybe) the new AR it doesn't look so bad.

Sorry AMK, I unfortunately don't know the details. I trust TheRooster will give you an answer if he comes to read my post.

To be honest, I am not even confident in Rocketeer being able to strip the AR correctly. Otherwise, why would we have so many bad crystals ?

(Rocketeers words in the same email I refered to this morning)

As you may already be aware the AR run from Chieftang has had a number of quality issues, with a number of the crystals being shipped back with obvious flaws and others having a tendency to easily mark or scratch.

And yes, I take the right to make it public (imagine that I was flamed by Rocketeer last time I publicly published his socalled "private correspondance")

As it says it all...

It's almost comical at this point (but not quite).

I agree with you Chief: almost comical in such a situation if it wasn't in fact pathetic.

Before I type my opinion, let me admit I did NOT read each post of this entire thread.

I stopped at a certain point (can't remember as it's so many pages ago!).

My opinion is:

- if guy1 (Rocket in this case) is pretending to be a reliable source to help members to benefit from guy2 (Chief) quality service for 10$ and steal the market of guy2 I call him a thief.

- not only because he arms guy2's business but also because he provides a shit service (green!) and do not fix the problems at once (or in a reasonable time frame).

- any decent person I know would have been posting here since page one instead of reading as a spy and not face the reality

So, to cut it short, Rocket (whatever his name is) will be in my personal black list like so many amateurs in the past that were thinking to have found a way to make quick money.

Nothing in watches in general or reps is quick money: it needs at least skills + honesty + customer respect.

I'm pretty sure most of us can only name a few that they respect since they started this hobby.

Cheap man, cheap story = fucked members of this community, or even from other communties, and eBay/iOffer... who knows.

My conviction is that Jakub lost controll and wasn't looking to keep the money/watches.

Here, the guy wanted to make a quick few bucks.

Who's the scammer?

MyTwoCents.

Stephane

PS: if I ever have a crystal to send out for AR, whatever new EU member offer it in the future, I will send it to Chief! Period.

I might go for it soon.