When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

We Now Have Our Chance....

Richard Tracy

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys...come on...stop thread crapping....there's no point in posting Grand Complications......simple stuff.....easy to copy....!

Hear hear. Unfortunately, that'll put the kaibosh on that SeaHawk.

Still, there are plenty of options that use the movements listed, and I'm sure we'll have more than enough to not reach a concensus. :D

Hear hear. Unfortunately, that'll put the kaibosh on that SeaHawk.

Sorry Pug...I know you're an IWC fan....that kind of subliminal influencing won't work.....it's easy to put a power reserve module on an ETA....power reserves are not GC's....!

My .02...

The reality is that for most folks here 90% or more of our collections are; divers watches or sports watches or chronograph versions of the same ;)

If somehow a gold $20,000+ dress watch got repped I know I'm not buying one :p

Some great suggestions so far and the Doxa diver (orange dial please) could have easily been on my list!

I realize some members feel that tool/sport/dive watches get more attention here. They do. Because that's what it sees like the majority is into.

BTW, I had a Dreadnaught. Pre ordered from Eddie. Made $$ on it but it was just not that cool.

How about a real out of the box suggestion. I already have a gen but would buy a rep of the Seiko Marine Master 300m diver as a beater anytime:

http://www.higuchi-inc.com/sbdx001.html

I know i'll be outed for wanting some bling, but how about a good gold yachmaster with a real MOP dial with real stones instead of those plastic inserts that have been around for 5 years. I would also go for any rolex with an accurate black mop dial. Would be nice on a gold daytona, but since the movement is limited it would be easy to do on a gold yachtmaster. Yes I am still looking for a black MOP replica. I would even go for a good 2 tone yacht with the black mop with solid 3 piece end links and a good clasp and bracelet.

My other choice would be an accurate pam 140 carbon fiber dial and all....

post-1628-1164920888_thumb.jpg

post-1628-1164921090_thumb.jpg

post-1628-1164921262_thumb.jpg

He says it must be based on the following movements,..eta-2836/2824/2892/6497.

Also, since he is going to purchase a gen to model the rep from, we should keep the actual

cost of the piece within the realms of acceptability.

Also makes for a watch that is realistic for normal ownership..

@ Richard ,

Who's Jay ????

"Absorbing ther Cost of the genuine and a watch that is realistic for normal ownership":

What does this means ??? 1500 - 2000 - 3000 USD ???

That can make a hell of difference at the time you choose a watch.

Can Jay define / tell us, the aprox lower and higher price limits (for the genuine to be replicated) ???

Since this is a special build, as per our votes, I would hope it would have genuine Tritec Super Luminova, and real AR coat so we wouldn't have to send it out for relume service. I'd be happy to pay for the little extra it would cost.

OK, my first vote would be for the GP Seahawk, great call Neil!

I would be worried about them doing the bezel right though :g:

158756-12857.jpg

Second vote goes to the IWC Aquatimer:

158756-12858.jpg

And I gotta throw in this, if they were going to use the a7750:

158756-12859.jpg

@ Richard ,

Who's Jay ????

"Absorbing ther Cost of the genuine and a watch that is realistic for normal ownership":

What does this means ??? 1500 - 2000 - 3000 USD ???

That can make a hell of difference at the time you choose a watch.

Can Jay define / tell us, the aprox lower and higher price limits (for the genuine to be replicated) ???

If it's a true collectable, desireable genuine, I can be sold after the process I would think unless the repping requires a tear apart.

well, the GP Seahawk and the Certina are the only things I've seen in this thread that make my heart go bump, but not strongly. Call me crazy, but I'd like to see more panerai's with eta automatic movements if that's even possible. That's just my thing. I would probably spring for a seahawk though.

An RN Omega SM300 would be nice - preferrably the first incarnate with the half metal half bakelite thin bezel ring.

But...

How about... Drumroll please...

The damn 1655???

Ok, forget it. I forgot that there is some sorta unspoken rule stating that a 1:1 1655 rep will never exist.

Rather than toss yet ANOTHER soecific model into the mix I woudl like to just make a few basic (to me common sense) requests.

First of all NO COMPLICATIONS, atleast nothing crazy. Sure they are cool, they are great and they are also damn near impossible to copy well, not to mention the genuines may be too expensive to buy. A nice fairly basic model which can be copied VERY well is of much more interest to me.

Second, and I know a lot of people will not agree with this, but please NOT A ROLEX. We have so many Rolex fakes already and many of them are very good. We just don't need ANOTHER one, especially some obscure vintage model that is barely different from what is already out there. Plus again, buying the gen would be very hard.

Third, lets do SOMETHING NEW. I know some folks want the old factory style Seamaster but come one... how boring! We already have REALLY good Omega fakes, Planet Ocean and good Sea Masters and so on... lets go for something that has not been faked to death 1000 times.

Finally, lets keep the gen price something sane. It should fall in the 3k - 8k range is SS or something like that. Faking a 30k watch is a bit pointless in my opinion.

I would vote for a FORTIS. A new asian 7750 will be sure available as movement too...

This is with leather strap, but I would like to see it with ss bracelet:

158797-12851.jpg

This one would be very interesting too...

158797-12852.jpg

Both are absolutely believable and nice watches I would like to see. I know that there is a Breitling Steelfish Superocean available quite soon, but it can not beat the classy look of the "standard" Superocean...

Greetings

DJ