When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Upgrade news

Admin

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all those new servers it damn well should be faster! Yes it is, the old one was by far the slowest of the boards for me.

BTW, if the new skin is a bit much try the darkside skin. I doubt the old skin will return due to the imense headache of redoing it for IPB V3.

Col.

So far so good! I do miss the "View Starred" portion of the old forum. Will that come back? Or is it hidden somewhere and I haven't found it yet?

Nice and speedy now though! Definitely notice an improvement, especially here at my office where our wireless internet connection is horribly slow!!

Nice work!!

Well, it will be interesting to see how things go throughout the day. Especially interested to see the server load and how fast the forum load. We have changed to a new ISP, so I would be very interested to hear som opinions on speed from our US members, as I have received many complaints from US based members that the forum loaded extremely slow, which I blamed back then on our bandwidth.

The speed seems fine to me, T :) I rather liked how the screen scrolled when I clicked 'edit' :lol: Simple pleasures for simple minds, or so the saying goes :) Very nice work :good:

Man, after being on this for a while, there is a massive speed increase now! I love it!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Also, I have no problems with my eyes, but I must say, I like the look of the "Dark Side of RWG" a little better. The layout is easier to navigate to me. Just my 0.02

Oooohhhh and a fast reply option is nice too!

View New Posts has been switched to "View New Content" on the upper right hand side next to "Forum Rules"

I tried that but it didn't appear to be working ... or at least I got back '0' results. Howver, the forum is much snappier, so nice job guys ... :good:

One quick question ... I have bookmarked several of my favorite posts in my web browser, and obviously those links are all dead now. Tried converting the domain name to rwgforum.com but that didn't work. Is there any other easy way to convert the old links, or do I just have to go on a search for all of them again?

it looks cool but i'm old and crotchity, any chance you can reload the old skin?

No. The old skins no longer works as everything has been changed in this version of the forum software. And you are not old, A, so you'll get the hold of it ;)

I tried that but it didn't appear to be working ... or at least I got back '0' results. Howver, the forum is much snappier, so nice job guys ... :good:

One quick question ... I have bookmarked several of my favorite posts in my web browser, and obviously those links are all dead now. Tried converting the domain name to rwgforum.com but that didn't work. Is there any other easy way to convert the old links, or do I just have to go on a search for all of them again?

Seems to be that the "View New Content" only shows you what is new since you logged in. Not like it used to be where it was since you were last logged in. (Did that make any sense??)

Seems to be that the "View New Content" only shows you what is new since you logged in. Not like it used to be where it was since you were last logged in. (Did that make any sense??)

It may be the difference between "View new content"- upper right...and "All new content' top of forum- left?

So many new things in here.... and T is still working in the background, furiously tweaking bits!

We may just have to be patient for a little while, until more stuff is upgraded.

I am seriously chuffed at the speed now.... greased lightning.

Offshore