When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Upgrade news

Admin

Well, the upgrade was taking much longer than I expected, so I decided to put the forum back online ahead of schedule. All the big bits and pieces has been fixed, but there is still a bunch of minor adjustments to be made to our new look and many new features that have not been added yet. Anyway, here is a quick summary of what's new so far;

The forum has been updated to the latest version of the forum software available. Unfortunately, there are many big changes in this new version and this might have caused some attachments, links, etc. to go missing. Same goes for the PM system, as this is brand new and there might be som images, smilies, etc. missing from PM's. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do about this. If there is anything important missing from a post or a PM, I suggest you contact the poster/Sender and have them edit their post or resend you a PM with what you want.

The forum has been moved to a new address; http://www.rwgforum.com. Feel free to update your bookmarks, but you should be redirected if you use any old bookmarks.

The forum is now running on 2 dedicated servers; 1 webserver and 1 database server. We hope this will give all our members a good browsing experience. This setup might need some adjustments as we go along, so please have patience if unexpected things happen ;)

The forum layout needs many minor adjustments (fonts' font colors, etc). This will be fixed as soon as possible.

Icons, etc are missing. These will be added

The allowed size for avatars have been increased to 200x200px

The forum structure has been changed and a new section has been added; Gentlemens lounge - http://www.rwgforum.com/forum/105-gentlemens-lounge/ This is a place where men can discuss style, clothing, lifestyle, exersise, etc. Women are of course also allowed, but we are allowing men to be men in here, so this area may contain nudity (Well, not right now. Now it's empty. Go and make your first post there! NOW!!! ;)

Members trade reviews have been added to the trade area

Dealer reviews have been added to their respective area

Genuine watches area have been added to the trade area. Please observe our high value sale rules!

Dealers and accessory dealers have been moved into a new forum. This has been done to shorten down our massive front page. You can get there by clicking the links to the sub-forums where they are.

New, dark skin available for our "light sensitive" members; The Dark Side of RWG. You can change to this using the drop-down menu at the bottom left of the forum.

As you can see, there are many new things just in the new forum software and more will be added in the next couple of days.

Currently, it is not possible to upgrade your membership. I hope to have available the newest and most stable subscription/upgrade manager later today

Well, that's about it for now. Gonna get some dinner and take the rest of the night of before I start fixing and adding stuff again. Will also e-mail all members that the forum is back online. I hope you all enjoy our new forum and feel free to add any feedback in this thread.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it will be interesting to see how things go throughout the day. Especially interested to see the server load and how fast the forum load. We have changed to a new ISP, so I would be very interested to hear som opinions on speed from our US members, as I have received many complaints from US based members that the forum loaded extremely slow, which I blamed back then on our bandwidth.

/me looks around

WOW! Just a little different, From anything! :)

Congrats on geting everything done so quickly. You exceeded my expectations time wise. Hope you kept notes for Greg_r and my self! We gotta go thru this early next year. Well done mate, now, go sleep!

Col.

PS, the bits, bytes and babes ain't empty anymore ;)