When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Miss You Guys

RobbieG

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said BT. Thankfully, in my case I have never cared what others thought, but (probably worse) drove myself near to destruction out of fear of survival. The only saving grace is I am really passionate about what I do and helping my clients achieve what very few can. Simply put, my firm has in a very short time been universally recognized as being the best at the little niche that is what we do. For that I am proud because that was born of passion and not really hard work. Passion is all that has ever kept me going. I would have blown my brains out at age 9 if not for that single gift of life that is my passion in all that I do.

Still, with all of that I sometimes wonder why any of us do anything really in the material realm. What is the point? I'm certain after being on both sides of the fence that I haven't felt any different in a $160,000 sports car than in my 1976 Subaru wagon that was my first car. For me, the danger in wealth has been the pursuit of it out of fear. It works. Nothing will make you succeed like being afraid albeit completely unhealthy. Think your arms are weak? See how strong they are when holding on to a rope 20 stories up. We all see the point of course. I agree completely though in that I have no idea what those peopke are thinking that pursue wealth for status. The irony here of course being that we all love luxury watches and yet the majority of us aren't snobs. Go figure.

At least my tale of woe has somehow sparked another interesting discussion at RWG. And I'm certain that is far more interested than my insignificant a*ss dying of some rare wasting disease. lol.

The irony here of course being that we all love luxury watches and yet the majority of us aren't snobs. Go figure.

I think people can be passionate about anything expensive and flashy, and still not be a snob. The world isn't black and white and people aren't stereotypical. A lot of people decide to live within the narrow role that they have taken... whether it's a businessman, bodybuilder, artist, musician, whatever... especially when people are young they like to categorize people based on how they look and what they do... I was guilty of that too. But why limit our options? I've met a lot of standard working class guys who are 10 times more intelligent than many people who have educated themselves and pursued with their careers. It's simply not important for all people.

I have often wondered about my watch obsession too, because I don't care about cars and brand clothes at all. I think I love watches because they're fascinating mechanical things and luxury brands have some sort of mystique around them. It's not necessarily the price, as an aesthete I love their superior design and mechanics. And of course it comes from my father's side... he has his Rolex collection. He made me a watch fanatic. And in the end, not everything in this world has to make any sense... all people have their weird passions, we just happen to love watches. :D

@Robbie: It was really a bad and sad surprise to hear about your condition.

Don't know what to say.

... keep up and force your brain and heart both to be fully operational.

Often these two things keep the rest of the body and can help heal and recovery.

Will be very glad to hear you back saying ... "I am feeling much better guys".

First up Robbie I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as I know is the same for the vast majority of our members.

Now this may sound a pretty stupid question seeing as you have been tested so extensively but has anyone done a CAT scan on you yet?

I asked because a lot of what you describe seems similar to what I suffered before the found the tumor in my pituitary gland, I also had critically low Testerone levels, couldn't eat for days or vomited all the time and could only walk with the aid of a cane.

I fear this is to obvious and it has already be looked at but on the off chance they have missed it please look into it, I have basically been back to normal with the medication they give me now and I remember telling my wife in the dark days I was ready to die.

Ken

If you don't have your health you have nothing. You all know the old RobbieG. Love him, or hate him. I want to be happy-go-lucky speeding around in my new Porsche and not giving a fu*k who doesn't like it. Needing only a good steak and a single malt to exist. I have been a middle aged adult for some time now. But I guess I just grew up.

Take care guys. This forum has been a very important part of my life. Good watches. Good times. Good friends. I'll see ya when I see ya.

Peace.

Wish you all the best and hope and pray you will recover and retyrn here with all the ferocity you can muster "giving a fu*k who doesn't like it"

:group:

The very best wishes

Gunnar

First up Robbie I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as I know is the same for the vast majority of our members.

Now this may sound a pretty stupid question seeing as you have been tested so extensively but has anyone done a CAT scan on you yet?

I asked because a lot of what you describe seems similar to what I suffered before the found the tumor in my pituitary gland, I also had critically low Testerone levels, couldn't eat for days or vomited all the time and could only walk with the aid of a cane.

I fear this is to obvious and it has already be looked at but on the off chance they have missed it please look into it, I have basically been back to normal with the medication they give me now and I remember telling my wife in the dark days I was ready to die.

Ken

Yes Ken, I have had all the imaging known to man. I wish it was a pituitary tumor, but for me, the gland itself by some mystery (among other glands) just doesn't send out the message for the body to make T. They can't figure it out. The thyroid is the same way as is the pancreas with digestive enzymes. My body is just slowing shutting down or something like systems are going off line one at a time. Weird to be sure.

Hey Robbie,

Although I don't know you personally, I've been on here enough to know that you're a key player on the board, and a sound bloke with it :)

I hope you can get yourself sorted out - life has a weird way of going about helping you learn about youself and sometimes it takes something bad to do it, but it's clear that you've found some more self-awareness from what you said in your earlier post. It's strange how we all carry on as normal until something strikes a chord and makes us think back!

Enjoy every day for the little pleasures it brings and don't stress about the big picture, that's my way of living in the moment. My gran always says there's a path mapped out for you in life, you just don't know what it is or what it will bring yet!

Keep looking on the bright side as, as mentioned above, a positive frame of mind works wonders :)

Anyway, I don't want you to think I'm preaching or telling you things you already know so I'll shut up now, but will say that I wish you well and that your return to health is speedy! B)

[censored] Robbie, WTF is one supposed to say here?

I think it's been said allready better than I could say it any way but you are in my thoughts mate.

I was only thinking the other day how much I miss our PM chats then I go down to Offshore's today and hear the news . . .

Kinda put my current hassels into perspective, that's a cert. Hey buddy, I finaly got a decent gen, I have a 60's Glasshute on the way from the States :) This kinda takes the gloss of it tho. I know you know but anything we can do mate . . .

Regards, Col.

Hello RobbieG,

Makes no difference if we are friends, chat mates, neighbors or adversaries; it is times like these that our compassion for our fellow man triumphs.

I am just one among many RWG members who wish you well.

Our cooperative spirit and healing powers are resolute.

We will see you though this.

Much strength and good will, vlydog

Hey Rob,

Sorry to hear about your health issues.....I don't know why these things happen! Keep the faith and hopefully something good will come up! You're probably familiar with this poem, but let me share it with you anyway, I'm always humbled when I read it:

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let not this blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

F-

I dont know you robbie but only as the guy with the all the gen watches. Im from Ft Laudredale and do beleive that i read that you were from somewhere In that neck of the woods. All I can say Is thank you for sharing something so personal. I think your message Is "enjoy your life, you never know what tomorrow will bring". It takes courage to post something like this, thank you so much, your In my prayers. :victory: Mike