When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pre-Christmas package for myself....

chrgod

This package arrived from the "Land of Hope and Glory" some days ago.. It was eagerly awaited after three weeks in transit!

( The name has been erased on the box,)

eske1.jpg

Lets open it..

eske2.jpg

Hmm.. another package inside! Looks strange, but well packed. Well, then we open that one.

PA130033.jpg]

That looks better! A Breitling travelling case and a plastic bag with papers. :)

PA130034.jpg

Even Herbert, my cat, got interested at this stage.

PA130035.jpg

A nice set. Blue dial Aerospace Repetition Minutes, 2000 model. One of the few Chronometre-certified of this model, before the name changed to "Chronometre Aerospace".

Guarantee card and Chronometre certificate. The travelling case is of an odd tall model. Have not seen this before.

It is in nice condition for a 10 year old watch. The AR holds up good, even though it is staring to flake a bit in the corners.

The titanium bracelet has many surface scratches, but no deep ones. Guess the hardness of titanium prevents deeper scratches.

PA130036.jpg

Wrist shot! The flash makes the dial look bluer than in real life. It is kind of dark sky blue.

DSC_5019.jpg

The "famous" Breitling caseback with conversion factors. Not only useful for pilots, but also for an european Petroleum Engineer in a US company, like me. :lol:

The conversion between Imperial and US gallons, made me remember an Airplane accident which in fact was due to confusion of units during refueling..

All in all, I am a great fan of the Breitling Aerospace. This is in fact my third Aerospace (the sixt if you include its predecessors Navitimer Quartz, Pluton and Intruder models) One of the best buys at the used market, I think. It is a "true" aviators watch, where form and fuction goes nicely together. I actually like this version with the Italic lumed numbers better than the newest "Avantage" model.. It looks to flashy for a tool-watch. The Aerospace has been in the Breitling line for decades and is starting to become a true classic.

There are no decent replicas of the Aerospace, another reason to buy a genuine!

DSC05719.jpg

Takk!

It wears a little bit bigger than a Submariner. Being titanium and a very low case profile, you hardly notice that you wear it!

Titanium feels much warmer than steel, so it is quite comfortable.

(Quite different from my Fiddy.. :lol:)

a beauty...wear it well!... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

welcome back to the club... :group:

R-

my 2002 Aerospace...my grail - past, present and future... :wub:

Thank you, HackR!

The titan version with the gold accents is a true beauty. It even has the Co-pilot module! :o

The Aerospace bracelet is an odd bird. It gives the watch a much dressier look. The Pro-bracelet looks thougher.

I have had that version before. I tried the Aerospace-members club test; to hit 123456 on the chronograph. This was the closest I got! :lol:

DSC_3690.jpg

Hmm.. I see that they changed the border of the pearl when they introduced the "Chronometre" version.. All this minor details you learn to notice when you are a WIS... :)

that's funny...i do recall reading about the "test"...i'll execute it and let you know the results...

the UTC bracelet was sourced after i got the watch with a standard Aerospace bracelet...discovered that you can't get the module alone...you have to get the entire bracelet with UTC...oh well...

i agree with you on the different looks you get with each bracelet...adding the UTC bracelet sported mine up...this watch was meant for the UTC module...adds an aire of coolness...

the "black" dial version i have is actually more of a deep dark chocolate...

and on our versions - the italics numbers make the look!... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

R-

Great piece! Congrats! Get a Pro-diver strap for it, really does well on this watch. Nice to see other memebers getting early X-Mas presents! :drinks:

How much would a gen aerospace do?

A friend of mine is thinking of selling his.

Is a titanium with gold accents

You can get them new for between $2500-$2700 on the grey market.

Congratluations on the purchase, I really miss mine, they're such comfortable and well wearing watches! That's a nice model too, as quite a few of the 'Repetition Minute' versions come with the older styled bracelet, but that was the transitory one, just before the 'Chromometre Aerospace'.

Wear it well! :)

Great piece! Congrats! Get a Pro-diver strap for it, really does well on this watch. Nice to see other memebers getting early X-Mas presents! :drinks:

You can get them new for between $2500-$2700 on the grey market.

Yeah ok, but how much for 2nd hand. Maybe i'll put it up for sale here for him

Yeah ok, but how much for 2nd hand. Maybe i'll put it up for sale here for him

Sorry missed the part about your friend wanting to sell his.... :whistling:

I have seen them at various AD's and eBay sell for $900-$1300 depending on the movement and style. The later versions with the Super Quartz movement tend to get more as they are much more accurate.

If you post it here for sale, PM me as I have a friend that might be interested. :drinks:

Sorry missed the part about your friend wanting to sell his.... :whistling:

I have seen them at various AD's and eBay sell for $900-$1300 depending on the movement and style. The later versions with the Super Quartz movement tend to get more as they are much more accurate.

If you post it here for sale, PM me as I have a friend that might be interested. :drinks:

Ok will do that, i think it is exacly like this one posted earlier:

DSC_3690.jpg

@Wimpie --> i agree on the price range above...also helps to know when/if the battery has been changed and by whom...if Breitling did it, having the receipt and/or timeframe helps...if no receipt, a prospected buyer can get the servicing info confirmed with the serial number...they don't like to do it, but if persistant, they will do so...breitling service is also best because they look it all over...not just change the battery...lastly, since pix and lighting can be deceiving, its nice to know/disclose if any of the links have worn gold accents...it is thickly plated, but the links do wear as they are 18k and soft...

R-

Thanks for the feedback guys. Nice to see that this quartz-watch is appreciated in here. :)

How much would a gen aerospace do?

Used models do turn up regulary, the bottom seems to be around 700 USD. This early model is just posted for 795 USD on TZ Sales Corner. I paid 1000 USD for mine. A good deal I think, considering the paperwork and Pro-bracelet.

TZ_aerospace.jpg

Aerospace on TZ SC

Congratluations on the purchase, I really miss mine, they're such comfortable and well wearing watches! That's a nice model too, as quite a few of the 'Repetition Minute' versions come with the older styled bracelet, but that was the transitory one, just before the 'Chromometre Aerospace'.

Wear it well! :)

Thanks, b16a2! I remember your cool Sea Harrier version! It was you who learnt me the "Aerospace Member club test". :lol:

I love that part of your user name is in the digital display!

The Aerospace has become one of my favorite Breitlings in their line up. One of these days, I'm going to have to get one...

Well... I forgot to mention that this is a very special "CHRGOD" model.. B)

chrgod1-1.jpg

@Wimpie --> i agree on the price range above...also helps to know when/if the battery has been changed and by whom...if Breitling did it, having the receipt and/or timeframe helps...if no receipt, a prospected buyer can get the servicing info confirmed with the serial number...they don't like to do it, but if persistant, they will do so...breitling service is also best because they look it all over...not just change the battery...lastly, since pix and lighting can be deceiving, its nice to know/disclose if any of the links have worn gold accents...it is thickly plated, but the links do wear as they are 18k and soft...R-

Ok, will ask him. Batt has been changed recently but don't know by who. I also don't know the history

If he wants to sell i'll put it up here for sale and ofcourse will full disclosure and pics ;-)

But he first wanted to know the range as he payed quite a lot for it ;-)