When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this forum "free" or not?

AllergyDoc

Shoot I gave one of my hard to find 50 states quarters to the gal at the market checkout.. she was looking for that one forever..

Dang.. could of paid for 3 day's usage on the board.. gotta be more thrifty :(

ahhh what the heck.. if I can afford watches.. and don't have a bar tab (anymore).. good to support the freeloaders.. :1a:

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, if you guys aren't going to let it die, I'll have to contribute:

I've noticed a lot of "trash talking" lately to members who don't financially contribute to the forum.

"a lot" apparently is one guy named Owen. Or Oren, or "O" something. Whatever. Oren was the only member I think should have been on a revolving charge for bandwidth used.

So everyone who visits the board but doesn't pay is a freeloader?

Dun take me literally Doc .. try raising the money to keep the usage up.. so "All" can come here.. and perhaps your mindset will change too... all in fun.. except for Dems.. he's always the academic :man: and dead serious... :irvine:

gotta have a sense of humor or life is too stale.. :meeting:

I just try to donate some parts or help out some members in need when i can, i paid a plat sub some time ago and not paid any since not sure why but maybe its because i donate stuff to the forum like watches where all the cash goes towards the bills.

I think its a free choice if you don't have the cash to spare then enjoy the forum still, its not a pay to look site..But if you do help out or help out other members then you are a true RWG'er that's what i believe..

I love RWG i would like to meet so many members that i consider friends here,cant even begin to name them list would be to long :victory:

Enjoy the forum either way you chose.

Cheers,

Dani

So everyone who visits the board but doesn't pay is a freeloader?

Not if they bring beers, cigars, girlie pics, or post something relevent or somewhat enlightening with regard to 'replica watches'. Like a review or wristie or link to an ETA page.

Owen was a freeloader. Some come to the party with something to share. Some just come to the party. Some come to the party empty handed and take home half a cake. Then post a vid on YouTube of them eating the cake at home.

Owen was a freeloader. Some come to the party with something to share. Some just come to the party. Some come to the party empty handed and take home half a cake. Then post a vid on YouTube of them eating the cake at home.

"Oren"

Please pay attention.

Not if they bring beers, cigars, girlie pics, or post something relevent or somewhat enlightening with regard to 'replica watches'. Like a review or wristie or link to an ETA page.

And your contribution falls into which of these categories? :whistling:

Other than your siggy, of course.

Heal The World

Make It A Better Place

For You And For Me

And The Entire Human Race

There Are People Dying

If You Care Enough

For The Living

Make A Better Place

For You And For Me

I pay because the forum gives me a lot. I have a low postcount because i'm either too busy, have nothing to add or just the fact that I hate to write in general. I'm readning and learning though. A lot....Might be, one day I am so full of knowledge that I will burst and join every conversation on the forum. I love to talk though. If I showed up on a GTG you would all learn that. Especially after acouple of rounds in the bar :)

I've been lucky enough to have won raffles just for being a member. Thank you again Lani and RWG :)

And your contribution falls into which of these categories? :whistling:

Posts.jpg

There has to be something relevant or somewhat enlightening with regard to 'replica watches' in there somewhere. I mean, I'm not sure either, but, certainly. Oh, and besides, I bring the beers. Regardless, I'm Platinum. 'Elitism' is a terrible thing. Unless of course you're on the inside. :)

I hate to write in general.

What's that like? I wonder.

I've noticed a lot of "trash talking" lately to members who don't financially contribute to the forum.

What's the "official" policy of this forum?

Can someone join and participate without ponying up?

How long can someone participate without donating, and not draw the ire of the board?

What's the purpose of this board? To steer members away from scam dealers, or to pay the bills?

My question ensues from me observing the treatment of non-paying members, like myself, who have been ridiculed lately for being "free loaders."

If someone doesn't pay up, should he move on?

I know exactly what you mean, brother...

More then a month back, I posted some pics of an awful Rolex bracelet I received from a "respected" dealer. I was offered by one of the high-ranking members here (and they know who they are) that if I became a member by donating $30, they'd send me a bracelet in return for supporting the forum. I ponied up. Have I received the bracelet yet? NOPE! I've even PM'ed stating that I'd be happy with a cheaper bracelet...or just a clasp to replace the crappy one. Anything yet? NOPE!

Even if you pony up, don't expect to get treated like a member.

And, look at how many posts I've made since joining. That equates to $0.30 / post! Fcukall!

I'm a grad student. So, I make jacksh!t money from TA'ing a bunch of 1st and 2nd year students. I can't just throw money around. That bracelet has cost me $68 (original purchase) plus $30. Nice. <_<

Regardless though, I did manage to meet some really nice members here. We just stick with our chats in private and exchange ideas in there.

More then a month back, I posted some pics of an awful Rolex bracelet I received from a "respected" dealer. I was offered by one of the high-ranking members here (and they know who they are) that if I became a member by donating $30, they'd send me a bracelet in return for supporting the forum. I ponied up. Have I received the bracelet yet? NOPE! I've even PM'ed stating that I'd be happy with a cheaper bracelet...or just a clasp to replace the crappy one. Anything yet? NOPE!

And, look at how many posts I've made since joining. That equates to $0.30 / post! Fcukall!

I'm a grad student. So, I make jacksh!t money from TA'ing a bunch of 1st and 2nd year students. I can't just throw money around. That bracelet has cost me $68 (original purchase) plus $30. Nice. <_<

Regardless though, I did manage to meet some really nice members here. We just stick with our chats in private and exchange ideas in there.

I remember this. The deal went into discussions over a 'donation' made versus an upgrade to 'membership'? That is; you made a donation to the board in lieu of becoming a paid member and there was no way to confirm your donation? This needs to be revisited. Hind sight being 20/20 I thought that were a wacky deal from the get go. Good intentions all around, but the road to ruin is paved with those. No good deed goes unpunished and all that. I dunno, I just rolled my eyes when that one unfolded.

Well all that aside, just know; with VIP upgrade you get fruit basket. Right Doc? And with Platinum you get massage with happy ending. Right Shundi? So we have that going for us. Which is nice.

@Gachtaman: If someone has offered this to you, then PM. If the forum team isn't sending the strap then it's bollock all to do with them. This sounds like a well-meaning gesture that's gone wrong.

@GeorgeGrasser: I think lani was jesting with his response, but I just wanted to say that all members really are welcome. You were right - those that are doing well help contribute to keeping the lights on here for those that are less able to afford the contribution. And as life takes its shifts, maybe the guys that can't afford it today will help keep the lights on another day for folk that have hit a speed bump.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME PERIOD.

I'm not a mod..... but you can keep thinking that.. :bleh:

Damn straight he ain't...

We'd never let a guy with tattoos in the Admin :animal_rooster:...

I completely missed this...

IF you were promised something by our admin team then we need to fix it...

And will...

If you were promised something by a member then I feel bad that it went south...

Send me a PM with the details...

Including your paypal addy...

Your membership will be refunded and you will still enjoy a years VIP membership...

Sorry [truly] for the inconvenience...

EVERYONE IS WELCOME PERIOD.

Nuff said...

I just try to donate some parts or help out some members in need when i can, i paid a plat sub some time ago and not paid any since not sure why but maybe its because i donate stuff to the forum like watches where all the cash goes towards the bills.

I think its a free choice if you don't have the cash to spare then enjoy the forum still, its not a pay to look site..But if you do help out or help out other members then you are a true RWG'er that's what i believe..

I love RWG i would like to meet so many members that i consider friends here,cant even begin to name them list would be to long :victory:

Enjoy the forum either way you chose.

Cheers,

Dani

Very well said!

View PostGatchaman, on 09 December 2009 - 01:34 AM, said:

I completely missed this...

IF you were promised something by our admin team then we need to fix it...

And will...

If you were promised something by a member then I feel bad that it went south...

Send me a PM with the details...

Including your paypal addy...

Your membership will be refunded and you will still enjoy a years VIP membership...

Sorry [truly] for the inconvenience...

Um.. I don't believe anyone was inconvenienced TT..

I am the member that 'promised"the bracelet.. and this is the reason that I said I would refund the 30 usd in the first place.. after sourcing an MBK never worn bracelet.. Gatcha pm's me and request a different bracelet.. which would of cost me money out of pocket..GM..pm's me and allis resolved.. but the bracelet he decides on that I have is cheap and missing end links.. the missing end links ifs my fault.

but I promised the bracelet.. so I ordered a riveted bracelet from Yuki's .. 100 usd.. and it has arrived, I hadn't realized I had a deadline last we messaged I told you I would get one, my fault.. I didn't want to make excuses so I just ordered one... but now I find no need to send it.

and this was just what GM and I had discussed... "calling me out" to be more than honest about the "deal", before prior investigation..I felt that since I had made a commitment .. even if it cost me 100 usd out of pocket I would follow through..

but I will call it as "I"it see it..GM your a fricken crybaby ma man.. and for someone who would of gotten a very nice bracelet.. you will get your 30 usd back and please don't bother to PM me about your bracelet .. I don't need it and would rather give it away than recoup my money, by selling it.

AC/Lani