When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I have just seen my new franken Rolex GMTIIC 116710LN - Gen dial, gen glass and gen Corum 2893 movement transplanted!

concepta

That is a great idea. I have liked the 2893's from back in 2006 when the PAM 063 amd 029 were available for a short time with genuine ETA 2893 movements. It's a real workhorse sturdy movement and is a true built from the ground up GMT. As for the hand stack, I believe it is the same stack as the incorrect hand stack movements, as the GMT hand is settable.

That is going to be one sweet watch.I am hoping that when WM9 builds the GMT, it will have the 2893 as an option. Problem is from what I have read, Swatch controls that movement closely, and its a lot more expensive than the 2824 or 2836.

Pictures Please

Cheers

Arthur

Stem alignment would not be an issue at all. Seeing as the 2893 is based on the 2892, it is a thinner movement. Even with the 24h function, alignment would be no problem. I'm not near my computer, but if I remember correctly, the stem position is similar to a 2824-2.

I'm really curious as to how you managed to get the hands installed to clear the dial markers? I've researched a project like this before and the 24h wheel is too short, at least one from ETA, as well as the hour wheel. I'm impressed if you found a way to make it happen! I gave up a while ago.

Cheers!

Dear Concepta:

Compare with my Gen, seems the date font is way too big...Also; in my knowledge ETA2893 is not the same hand stack as Gen Rolex 3186 movement. the correct hand stack order should be Hour hand--->GMT hand--->Minute Hand--->second hand (from bottom to top). However; ETA2893 hand stack are GMT--->Hour--->Minute--->Second.

About the Gen cermaic insert; I still remember a member got a full set bezel before. But according to him; the size on rep are totally different. That's why he give-up & sold them on RWG....Anyway; please let us know your result!

P.S : Any update status for my 371401 franken project? Also; I'm worry about the Chinese New year coming soon & will delay the shipment.....

Best Regards,

Raymond