When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whatever happened to TTK?

gridlock1983

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really sorry to hear about his leg. :(

..... and BTW, Neil never scammed anyone.

Late on delivering , yes , peculiar character , yes , very touchy and easily upset , yes, ... but he was also fun.

We had some great moments on the forum with him back on the RWG I days.

Never scammed anyone??? Are you out of your mind? God knows how many people never got their watches. I for one never got mine!

I'd like to see 'TTK' reinstated as a member if not a dealer. As a gesture. Certainly not second guessing the Admin. for their actions, but as someone (me) and others who had been forgiven A LOT for heated indiscretion on the old RWG, we all know; people change. I have been given so much leash and understanding there and here, the gesture would just be the 'RWG way'.

I was not part of this forum when he was banned, but was on TRC when he was banned there. I was floored by the news. Not really sure of the particulars, only that no uncertain 'threats' were made against individuals? 'TTK' never did anything 'idle'. I would imagine the threats were taken seriously (hell, I would've), therefore the course of action?

Not my biz, and I would never confuse or second guess the Admin. here administering 'control' as a grudge. Just no way, but giving second even third chances? They are notorious for that. I and others are here to tell you.

He had a lot to answer for, but much more to contribute. As a matter of pride he probably would decline participating anyway.

The only reason for the banning Dems, was the threats made by Neal.. when asked not to sell anymore watches until he cleared up the group buy fiasco ..I'm sure the banning wasn't an offensive maneuver ..

Regardless.. just waiting on some kind of confirmation on all the news regarding Neil..

although it does sound legit.. I'm hoping this one time that it is not..

The guy was a legend here. For a while he was the ONLY reliable source for the MBW line. I sent him $350 via Western Union wire transfer, had to suffer several anxious weeks without hearing anything from him, and was eventually rewarded with an incredible watch that I understand you can

I never had a problem with Neil, but I never ordered a watch from him either. Just reading what he posted to some, the tone he took with some, was all I needed to find other dealers for watches. At one time, he was one of the only sources for MBW peices, since then getting the MBW stuff has been a bit easier and less of a mystery. That along with his unreliability and attitude basically ended his tenure on the boards. I did enjoy his photography and some of his point of view though. He angered and threatened a lot of folks and failed to deliver on many watches, so he was banned for good reason.

With that all said, I do hope he is in good health where ever he is. Having been diagnosed with diabetes myself recently, and knowing what may happen to me later in life, I wish no ill wind for someone suffering the brunt of it all, after all, its just a bunch of watches at the end of the day.

Live strong everyone..

Cheers B)

Yup until the point of the failed group buy Neil did not have issues with his deliveries,, controversial yes,.. you didn't wanna cross swords with him..

He .. imo was, and is not a thief.. it was just a bad situation that got the best of his temper..

but he was in no way a thief..that much we all know.. pride and ego got the better of the issues that were present at the time,

like many.. strong points in personalities can also be your own worst enemy..

I had one transaction with Neil: Purchased a 42mm PO. After a reasonable wait, the package arrived...It has been cut open, the Niel's trademark gold pouch was empty.

I sent him an email to report the problem. He asked for my phone number, and promptly gave me call (from Thailand to California). We talked for about an hour, on his dime, and had a really pleasant conversation. Covered everything from the rep trade, to photography tips.

Shortly after the call, a new package arrived with a replacement PO.

In my single experience, TTK acted in an upright manner...But I've read enough to understand why people were wary of doing business with him.

TTK has lost a lower leg and returned to UK. That is a fact.

As far as MBWs are concerned he, just like Maria, bought them directly from Nah-Piek and then directly sold them on. He made no improvements to these watches whatsoever other than took some pics, photoshopped the hell out of it and of course sold for double what he paid for.

L

TTK has lost a lower leg and returned to UK. That is a fact.

As far as MBWs are concerned he, just like Maria, bought them directly from Nah-Piek and then directly sold them on. He made no improvements to these watches whatsoever other than took some pics, photoshopped the hell out of it and of course sold for double what he paid for.

L

I'm not taking up for TTK in any way shape or form, but what he was doing with the MBW's was no different I'm sure, than anyone else who could source them at the time. In 2005-06 it was almost impossible to get an MBW unless you were a trusted member at the old RWG or TRC and had lots of posts, or you knew someone who could act as your intermmediary between you and some of the MBW sellers like Maria ,George and watchmaster.If they didn't know you, they wouldn't even respond to your emails ( provided you even had access to their Emails) Then along came Luckky (spelling may be incorrect, but older members will recognize who he is) He was selling MBW's on the forums for a while, delivering on time, good service, and then BAM, he left a bunch of folks high and dry took the money and disappeared. Back then the only payment method accepted was WU, so the folks who were scammed lost their money, no recourse.

Neil was able to source MBW's and he supplied a need. I never bought one from him, as I was fortunate enough to have enough "Creds" on the forums to buy from George and watchmaster, but I 'm sure for quite a few members he was their source for an MBW. Back then, the supply of MBW's ,which were so far superior to anything else it wasn't even close, was almost non-existent. You could put a used MBW on the sales forums, at a reasonable price, and it wouldn't last an hour!I would bet over the years there were 100+ threads on the old RWC, "How can I get a MBW?" For anyone who was into Rolex Subs or SD's the MBW was a "Grail". It was for all practical purposes the only thing around that you could use as the basic watch for a really good modding project. Neil, like all the other sellers knew that and they charged what they thought the market would bear. No one was holding a gun to the head of the buyers, most everyone who bought one was happy to have a source of MBW's.

Knowing from my brother in law who has diabetes too

i know that this illness is a struggle...

I never had any transaction with Neil.

I can second the impressions of many members,

he wasnt always "easy" to handle when of different opinion...

Nevertheless i hope the rumours about him passing away

where not to be affirmed yet

Now would be too soon to die.

Best wishes!

George

Shocking news about Neil :( loved that entertainer. Really sad he lost a leg and even worse if he has passed on....or better he comes back reincarnated with a new avatar and guns blazing, his pen dripping with blod like the true destructive genious he was (or still is). I miss him deeply. He was the true Kwisatz Haderach, the evil eye, and a true catholic come to think of it....damn... he brought the entertainment....a champion of the English alnguage...lover of nthe pound....hated ignorance he did.....he was so missunderstood..he would not take [censored] from anyone, not even from me even if i tried really hard to get him of his balance (sometimes)....God he was furious when i Banned him (but just for half a day or so at most..I think) ....he is misssed

With the deepest respect

Gunnar the Wiking :cry2:

This is for you Neil-

'TTK' date=asking the wrong question at the wrong time' post='787603]

Read... My... Lips...

He was nice to me when I was a noob... Who would've thought?

Never bought any watch off of him...

Hope you are finding peace in this world or the next TTK...

TKK was "one who can be many places at once" Indeed, it appeared that the majority of people did not realise that to know the future (= to play it safe) is to be trapped by it. TTK could see that he would have to lead replica entusiasts onto a drastic course in order for it to escape its own annihilation (= boredom). As a result, he chose to escape the that path by allowing himself to be banned, so that he could walk into the desert and (however ereluctantly) not be a burden onto his tribe.....

I dont think it is peace you sought or seek Neil...but rather a Valhalla is more suitable to your taste TTK...Odin (Óðinn,) waiting there for you warrior and man of battle..may your drinks be many and marry TTK

'What kind of a dream is it,' said Óðinn,in which just before daybreak,

I thought I cleared Valhǫll,for coming of slain men?

I waked the Einherjar,bade valkyries rise up,to strew the bench,

and scour the beakers, wine to carry,as for a king's coming,

here to me I expect heroes' coming from the world,

certain great ones,so glad is my heart.

Edited by Gran

I had a video call with Neil on Skype just a few weeks ago... he was still in the hospital but just about to be released because he had improved and continuing rehab...

Although I haven't seen him online since then, I would not think he's any worse, so lets not bury the poor guy... jeezus, he's got a leg off FCS :whistling:

Neil could be such a jerk at times, and other times he would surprise everyone and be pretty decent.

One thing I remember, a long time ago a member was having some personal issues, and went AWOL. People became very worried, nobody could get in touch with this member, we all feared the worst.

Neil used to be a private detective, he tracked down the member's relative, told the relative what was going on. The relative found the member, got back to Neil who he let us know the member was alright.