When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New SD1665 released from Puretime

Tribal

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How hard is it to find a low beat ETA movement with flat three date font, and how much would it cost? ;)

As far as I know, the 'slow beat' 2846 ETA has not been manufactured for several years, so your best bet is probably ebay. Eurotimez has flat 3 (white & silver (but not brushed silver)) ETA datewheels for sale that look pretty good.

If you want a decent 1665 you should immediately swap the dial with an "accurate" one. At least the MBW GW has a more accurate dial and Chris might be able to get you a Singer MBW GW.

In any case we need to get our "hands" on one, to see how it acts in real life. We must investigate the rehaut, MBW + Puretime interbreeding options, fitting of gen parts, casebacks, etc.

I'm really short this period and I can't afford to get one my self. The fisrt to to lay his hands on one please post some detailed pictures.

Many thanks,

Athan

I'm with Mickey,The sum of the parts is really greater than the whole. I thought about that when I saw photos on the website. Bracelet looks pretty good, end links as well, both of which are pretty hard to come by. Then you have the 2846 which is getting a little harder to come by, so you have a nice slow beat engine, plus bracelet and end links which would be great for either a 1665 or a 1680 project.

Anyone have an update on their order? Mine still says confirmed payment after a few days. I guess I'm just used to getting a tracking number after 15 minutes when ordering from Josh.

Same her milesd :D "Payment confirmed" But no worries. I guess they had a rush of orders after release wink.gif

Mine's at London Heathrow Airport at the moment (according to the tracking anyway). Should hopefully arrive with me tomorrow. It's a GW (I know -- bad dial!), but I also have an MBW GWSD, with which I'll do a comparison. If this rep's as good as they claim. All I'll need to do is trim the CGs, swap dials with my MBW and I'll be away.

I'll see that when I believe it!

Hello Gang,

Puretime has now released the SD 1665 in a lot of variations.

There is also a Comex No date Sub with a SD Case that is wrong.

The great white has the wrong Caseback also.

But all in all they look good I think.

Look here.

http://puretimewatch.com/index.php?categoryID=306&offset=210

Hey they look good i like the slower beat movement better for vintage subs! some sites use the same photo for the same range so its best to ask seller to send you a photo of watch to see the actual caseback!