When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 42mm Planet Ocean made from genuine

lanikai

If your into the 42 mm PO, and cannot find a 4th generation PO, that is the only one that will accept the genuine parts for modding.. ther will finally be a version that will be made from a genuine PO..

The release date is scheduled to be done in 3 months.. but we all know how the release dates go.. it is being made by the makers of the Big Pilot watches and the existing PO lint will be dropped.. as all the previous PO's have been made from pics and have been hit and miss.

the genuine model has been turned into the maker.. to alleviate dealers getting bombarded by emails.. please note that it is being made and any updates will be posted here..

So if you have been hunting in frustration for a 4th generation PO.. your grail watch is being replicated ..

Good news for sure for 42 mm PO fans

the genuine

22228888.gif

AC/Lani

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same here. UPO's attraction wore out pretty quick for me, too. It's a huge watch that has very little happening on the dial, so why all that size? 42mm is perfect.

PS: Strong blue double AR is essential on the PO. I hope the makers understand this.

Should be good. It's a pretty simple watch to duplicate. With a gen sample (let's hope that's true) to reference, there's really no excuse for it not to be perfect.

Agree with everyone else here too. I normally prefer the larger sizes, but for some reason the UPO doesn't do it for me and the 42mm is just right.

I like my 45's .. my black franken on divers does not really wear big..

BUT .. the 42 would be a really perfect size on ss bracelet..

As far as getting it perfect.. we all know what a crap shoot that can be .. so many of the parts are outsourced and then if just one is not right, like say the bezel insert, or any other of the many "cosmetic" parts.... waiting for the next version.. ad infinitum.... I'm not trying to be pessimistic.. just realistic in my expectations..

What I'm really hoping for is that the case set is spot on..as a gen dial is almost a definite go..

an if the AR is done by the same source as the UN's or Breitlings.. it should have the blue hue of the genuine.. but I'll probably send it to.. guess who.. :lol:

As always we'll have to wait and see not only the final pics .. but the final product in hand..3 months can be more realistically 4 or 5.. but one can hope.. :good:

Finalmente!!!

That is great...I have been wanting a Planet Ocean and POC for the longest time but so many versions out there gives me a headache...I knew my wait would be rewarded...A new Planet Ocean by summer would be awesome!

Thanks for the good news Lani!