When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 42mm Planet Ocean made from genuine

lanikai

I bought it about one and a half year ago new from a local AD for € 2100. MSRP was € 2850 back then.

Currently I am waiting for a genuine PloProf I ordered last week. Waiting is the worst of the watch thing, hope the coming four weeks will pass quickly :whistling:

It seems weird but actually I think the big size Planet ocean wears bigger than the PloProf. The PloProf does not have long lugs. It may be a big watch but it does not wear extremly large due to its clever design.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, I am happy that I already have the ultimate 42mm Planet Ocean, the genuine :)

30cotu9.jpg

Always a great choice.

I'm considering the gen too if the rep will disappoint.

The gen is a good choice for this watch, considering the price point. Used 42mm POs can range from $1700 to over $2000+ depending on the condition. If you put together a franken 42mm PO, you'll still save hundreds off of a genuine... but with a genuine being just a fraction of a bit more thank you put in the franken, it certainly is an attainable watch.

I haven't regretted getting my gen 42mm Pumpkin PO, the AR on the real thing is amazing!

Actually I think the 42mm PO is the best genuine watch I ever had and it get's the most wrist time (gen Rolex Oyster Perpetual 116000 and gen Panerai 005 in the box too). It is absolutely versatile in its looks - you just have to change the strap. It wears comfortable, it is robust and it is the most accurate of all my watches (gaining only about 4 Seconds per month!!).

Sometimes I think that it would be fun to build a custom 45mm Planet Ocean: Weld in fixed bars, put a Nato on it, coat it in black PVD, colour the hands... COOL :)

The PO is a great choice! I built a franken 42mm, sold it when I won my Gen. Omega Speedmaster 3572.50, ended up missing it too much, and bought Ubi's franken. Now it's crystal is with Chief and I can't wait to get it back and on the wrist! Best of luck to all you waiting for the new model!

CAn you still get the 4th Gen from dealers?

They used to show up from time to time in member sales. Wouldn't hurt to check around. I forgot what the last dealers were that were selling them were called now though. I'm sure someone here knows. I actually purchased the very last one the watchmaker created but it had the wrong dial. The one I still own is correct though from a different dealer.

I originally paid my 4th gen 160$ shipped, Paul was selling at amazing prices in that period and i sold it for 140$ :bangin:

It was more than 3 years ago if i'm not mistaken. :mellow:

Yep. Who remembers the golden days of Abay... the reps were all in the $170 range with gen ETAs. Actually I'm not sure if the ETAs were any more "gen" as they're now, but the prices were right.

PS: Is there any info and updates about the 42mm PO? Is it really coming or was it just a rumor?

Only several months ago I paid $180 for a UPO from a dealer on another forum. It's not that the watches are more expensive .. it's that some dealers are more ... than others.

Before you ask, he's closed his doors due to burn-out so .. can't help ya.

Guest tolis

i buy before 2 months UPO 45mm from mary-watch international and the price fantastic!!!!!!!other dealers 60-100$ up.mary 240$ with shipping/total price!!!!!!!!!!!!!swiss eta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i buy before 2 months UPO 45mm from mary-watch international and the price fantastic!!!!!!!other dealers 60-100$ up.mary 240$ with shipping/total price!!!!!!!!!!!!!swiss eta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a decent price. Did you get it with SS or rubber?