When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 42mm Planet Ocean made from genuine

lanikai

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this is all BS. I've been waiting for "V5" since 2006.

Patience my friend. In the old days, when people ordered reps from TTK for Christmas presents, they never knew whether Neil was supposed to ship the watches for Christmas 2005 or 2006. :D

I'm sure this will come out eventually. Chinese factories don't post any previews, ever. And then one day they might just pop up.

Patience my friend. In the old days, when people ordered reps from TTK for Christmas presents, they never knew whether Neil was supposed to ship the watches for Christmas 2005 or 2006. :D

I'm sure this will come out eventually. Chinese factories don't post any previews, ever. And then one day they might just pop up.

LOL. I remember that. But much has changed since with accuracy of the super "out of the box" reps, and I just want the PO makers to catch up. Gen PO is definitely more affordable to source for the supposed "1:1" copies. If they actually did it with Rollies, I just can't see why they can't with PO's. You know what I mean?

I've had enough of waiting. I'm gonna go for the 4th gen instead. Is the clasp really that bad? I.e like Amptor mentioned on a previous post; will it just open on it's own of perhaps not close fully.

Any help is appreciated.

I just want a 42mm Planet Ocean Black with rubber strap. Not because I am so concerned with the "ultimate" replica details, pearl quality, He valve, etc....

I just need a smaller watch than the 45 for my skinny wrist! I'd love a 28800 movement rather than a 21J asian, since smooth sweep is important to me.

Is anything like this out there?

My research shows me two choices- Narikaa has a 42mm 21J version that is sold out for now- but seems to be the best "cheap" version- but not smooth sweep.

I found one ETA version on mary's site- but it says it has s Swiss ETA 2836-2 (this is the only PO 42mm i have found with this- is this correct?) That is selling for about $300 - too much!

There has to be something else out there, no?

If not, any other similar looking Omega's at 42mm with a date, besides Planet Ocean?

So why not just buy one of the famous Narikaa 42mm PO value watches?? For about $110 USD you can't go wrong with this solid piece for wristwear.

I believe he's out. Narikaa only tends to get a few once or twice a year when he travels to asia. They usually last about 2 or 3 weeks on the forum before they're sold out. He's pretty much got the only 42mm version worth buying.. and it happens to be priced excellently at around $100usd

@Dougheffernan:

The 4th gen is obviously the most famous version produced to date.. but has been out of supply for over a year now. You won't be able to find one, so I'd reccomend contacting narikaa and checking with him to see when he'll have some more of his "Porikaa" 42mm models in the future....

my .02 :)

heh when do you figure it might come out by, some time in the middle to late 2011? :) I am happy with my 4th gen it still looks brand new.

And yeah guys apparantly they are notorious for some issue with the clasp. So since my tool stripped I have to helicoil it and then once that is done I can push all the pins out of the new clasp and repair the new clasp lol. I am sure it will work out fine but I just gotta get to that project. right now the watch is sitting on clean bubble wrap without not even a hair line mark on the entire watch. it is a very pretty thing. when the clasp starts popping open on me before I get out the door, I take it off and put it away so it doesn't fall off my hand outside and get damaged.

off subject, but right now I'm considering an asian ETA rollie because I forgot these new 21j watches are difficult to set. I mean I try to find the date setting and it still sets the time. my older 21j watches don't do that.. ugh.. to find the 'perfect rep' takes time and extra money if you don't get it the first time.

as far as modding the 4th generation watch goes, I don't think I really need to any more. some people who have modded theirs moved on to gen which is interesting. I like what I have got. if they come out with a new version of this same watch, I will still buy it.

This eagerly awaited watch is currently the only one on my WTB list. As so many other people I hope it will come out soon and justify the built-up expectations. I would expect it to be at least as good as 45mm UPO, and hope for an improvement on top. Updated no-happy-feet logo and double AR. As some previous posters said no double AR=fail.

Personally the price here is secondary if the rep is of very high quality, however knowing that used gen can be purchased for under $1800 anything over $320 would be a IMHO big fail.

So, lets hope for the best :)

• 2 weeks later...

So am I correct in thinking there is no fix for the 4th gen clasp issue?

For instance, Amptor, does the clasp just pop open on your watch without warning whilst wearing?

Thanks

It does and my watch pin removing tool is stripped so I need to fix it and then I'm going to push all the pins out of the clasp and resolve this issue.

Anyone hear anything about this watch being made lately? it's been a while and all I saw them put out is that ugly ploprof. I have since moved on to other brands.

Any news as yet on this upcoming release???

It does and my watch pin removing tool is stripped so I need to fix it and then I'm going to push all the pins out of the clasp and resolve this issue.

Anyone hear anything about this watch being made lately? it's been a while and all I saw them put out is that ugly ploprof. I have since moved on to other brands.

Any news as yet on this upcoming release???

No, I haven't found any information. It's been a while since I've been to RG too and I think that is where the thread originated.

I'm believing that this is a cartel controlled watch and that all the dealers got together and only let one guy sell the 4th generation as I see one dealer still has that one available lol. What a strange world we live in. I paid $235 for mine from Ruby ages ago and Silix kept rinkydinking the deal on the watch I ordered from him and I ended up sending back a few 42mm PO watches.

Now they got us believing that Jay and Angel are gone and that someone else runs it. How gullible are you guys? When "Jay and Angel" were running it, they did so many mistakes on my orders and they said "it was one of my worker's fault". What does that tell you guys? There's more than 2 people running that shop.

I've learned so much from these boards, much more than anyone really even needs to know. It's kinda interesting though to say the very least. :) It appears that they are holding off on a new version of the 42mm because they want to shove that ugly Ploprof down every collector's throat since they know nobody really needs it and the watch is like 99.99% pure hype on the boards. It gains them some extra profit. That is just my take on it though.