When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ask a member...

hackR

Wow guys....just now noticed the request to see my favs! :D

Here goes:

#1 - My "Super-Ubi-Eddog-Ziggyfied-Justasgood" Franken Tudor 9411

DSC_0863-1.jpg

DSC_0869-1.jpg

DSC_0871-1.jpg

DSC_0888.jpg

DSC_0889.jpg

#2 - My Franken DateJust

DSC_0902.jpg

DSC_0907.jpg

DSC_0912.jpg

DSC_0915.jpg

DSC_0917.jpg

#3 - My Avitt DLC'd Bell & Ross BR 03-92

DSC_0930.jpg

DSC_0942.jpg

DSC_0944.jpg

#4 - My PAM 112h

DSC_0862.jpg

DSC_0769.jpg

DSC_0770.jpg

DSC_0772.jpg

DSC_0774.jpg

DSC_0836.jpg

#5 - My most recent acquisition - The Seiko Samurai

DSC_0924.jpg

DSC_0926.jpg

DSC_0927.jpg

DSC_0929.jpg

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here go my top five. Interesting how difficult it is to choose even if you have such a small collection like me. :rolleyes:

Next week I'll get a WM9 Sub from a great member here. I guess my choice would once more change again.

Number 1 is my first rep ever. I found Pug's legendary Flieger review while looking for a rep of this on TRC, I believe. It's not a good rep compared to today's standards. Some of you might remember that I have since bought the gen and the differences are plenty. Still I like it out of sentimental reasons. I have given it to a very good friend of mine but borrowed it for my top five shoot.

The IWC Flieger 3706:

iwc3706rep1.jpg

Here's the gen (which I don't count according to hackR's severe guidelines. :)

iwc3706gen1.jpg

OK, number 2 is my SSD. I have travelled to the Netherlands personally for this, meeting up with ETz'Chris's middleman because we feared my country's legendary customs control. I met John under a railway bridge in a shady Amsterdam suburb where he handed me the packet. I got rid of the fake Rlx box on the train back to A'dam. I have since found more efficient but less romantic ways.

I know there's some flaws and I preordered the SD from BK/WM9. But I will never let this go. It's got a better insert and pearl but no cg reshape.

rlxssd1.jpg

Number 3 is the follower of my beloved 3706 which I did not like at all when I came here two years ago. I have since learned to like it and just recently bought one from great member Whatever123. I'm thinking about getting it a Swiss motor and gen dials and hands. :whistling:

IWC 3717:

iwc37171.jpg

Number 4 is a PAM I even more recently got from Whatever123 as well. Speaking of customer-dealer-relationship :lol:. It's a vac-lumed 111h. It makes my girlfriend swear at night for waking her up because it lights the bedroom. I love the classic design! I got more PAMs but recently think about getting rid of them. This is all I need (OK, maybe a black seal should be in my collection as well :lol:)

pam1111.jpg

Number 5, finally is a very humble rep. It's the small but very classy Omega Railmaster. It's amazingly spot on and I like it for the sixties design, which never got out of date really.

omegarailmaster1.jpg

Thanks for looking. Observations about my photo skills are welcome. I'd like to improve here. -_-

Valerian

Thanks for looking. Observations about my photo skills are welcome. I'd like to improve here. -_-

Valerian

Excellent taste in watches. I really like the Railmaster and I think it's that strap that makes me want one. Damn it. I don't need another watch!

Photos? Love 'em. Sure the white balance is a little off, but the warmth works well with the leather strapped watches.

Do! Rated by the master! :)

Thanks for the friendly comment, Pugs. I used Gimp's white balance correction. But even this couldn't make up for using an IKEA cupboard box as a light box. Gotta get a real one, I guess. Oh well... :rolleyes:

I'd like to call PowerShot's top 5, since he made me sweat blood today! :lol:

Val.

Updated Scoreboard:

Requests in for:

kruzer00, richard lawton, JoJo35, Avitt, Eunomians, TwoTone, Admin, thomasng, watcher, torresp, chieftang, toadtorrent, Nikki6, Bazz, sql_pl, pizzanooo, Cats, Tanfoglio, PowerShot, Stephane, Tutima

Responses: :good:

dluddy - PAMs, dluddy - "the others", robertk, jmarin.72, freddy333, hackR, ubiquitous, Lanikai, MasterOfPuppets, By-Tor, The Zigmeister, fxrAndy, HikeUSA, nanuq, Tribal, pugwash, redwatch, Valerian

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This list may very well be out of date/time...So please sift thru this thread to see if your top 5 has been Requested!...

2. ummmmm...all you "readers"... :clapping: it's OK to post a reply requesting a member to post THEIR favorites... :whistling:

3. If you see someone who hasn't responded to a request from a member in this post and you know him/her - pm 'em pointing out this post...

Valerian

Not much to improve. Excellent photos. White balance is off like Pug said. You can fix it with Photoshop easily. Click adjustments -> "auto levels" and/or set it from adjustments -> "color balance" accordingly. Easy. Another option is to set it from your camera... I use fluorescent light setting when I take lightbox shots.

The dials also need more light... especially the black dials. You can capture the printing even better and crispier if you have a bit stronger exposure. You can see the problem from your Dweller photo. I suggest one extra lamp in front of the lightbox. The exposure doesn't have to be direct but make sure there is enough light in the box... it's that simple.

Keep up the good work!

PS: I'd like to see my friend Dluddy's non-PAM top-5.

Requests in for:

kruzer00, richard lawton, JoJo35, Avitt, Eunomians, TwoTone, Admin, thomasng, watcher, torresp, chieftang, toadtorrent, Nikki6, sql_pl, pizzanooo, Tanfoglio, PowerShot, Stephane, Pix

dluddy - PAMs, dluddy - "the others", robertk, jmarin.72, freddy333, hackR, ubiquitous, Lanikai, MasterOfPuppets, By-Tor, The Zigmeister, fxrAndy, HikeUSA, nanuq, Tribal, pugwash, redwatch, Valerian, Bazz, Tutima, Cats

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This list may very well be out of date/time...So please sift thru this thread to see if your top 5 has been Requested!...

2. ummmmm...all you "readers"... :clapping: it's OK to post a reply requesting a member to post THEIR favorites... :whistling:

3. If you see someone who hasn't responded to a request from a member in this post and you know him/her - pm 'em pointing out this post...

These are my 5 favourite of the reps I have at the moment (in no particular order)

Omega Double Eagle Constellation

Has Chiefs AR

IMG_0023.jpg

Has gen crown, tube, bezel insert, crystal and some work on the case.

IMG_3991.jpg

SMP 007

Has gen dial, hands, crown, tube, Chiefs AR and 2892 movement. It was not as expensive to make as it sounds as it was my first go at modding and parts and watches were a lot cheaper than now.

IMG_1811.jpg

Pannie 063

One of the first versions with a 2893 movement, I have a crown and date wheel but have not installed them yet.

IMG_4218_1.jpg

Planet Ocean

This just has Chiefs AR but I also have a crown and tube which I bought as I thought the rep one was threading but it's still going strong and will replace if and when it happens.

007-1.jpg

And a few I miss :(

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_4269_1-1.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Okay... Tutima... E... I'm calling you out, buddy! I know you've got some great stuff in that collection of yours! Let's see it!

^_^

Wow...Ubi, you are calling me out... :pardon:

My collection is pale in comparison to many here...Will try to post some pics later when I have a few moment... :good:

Here are my beloved pieces...

1. Old school EL 111F modded: DSN 1st gen. Swiss E series 6497, high CP fixed, Angus Ultimate E crown and Zig-lumed...

DSC08226.jpg

DSC08225.jpg

DSC08211.jpg

DSC08217.jpg

2. Old school EL Fiddy modded: high CP fixed, C1/C3 custom Zig-lume & movment service...This one is listed for sale in the Trade Forum for the moment...(Might as well do some advertising here whille I have a chance)... :bangin:

DSC08511.jpg

DSC08515.jpg

DSC08522.jpg

DSC08506.jpg

3. Old school Hopno 2893 powered 063 modded: Gen crown, Chief's cyclop, lello DW and Zig-lume...

DSC08639.jpg

DSC08389.jpg

DSC08381.jpg

4. 201/A modded: DSN case, FGD dial, Palp crown, gen. CG, Swiss 6497, EL case back, vintage Zig-lume...

DSC08372.jpg

DSC08367.jpg

DSC08374.jpg

DSC08370.jpg

5. 2007 IWC CD powered by Swiss ETA-7750 with German DW...

DSC00917.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

DSC00913.jpg

6. Breitling Blackbird...

DSC04211.jpg

DSC04213.jpg

DSC04214.jpg

7. Super franken WM9-V2 Rolex 16610 Sub modded: Gen Bezel assembly, gen. insert/pearl, gen. crystal...(Credit goes to Ubi for this one)... :victory:

DSC01172.jpg

DSC01173.jpg

DSC01177.jpg

8. Last but not least, an early WM 1665 great white from the TRC era unmodded...Have all the required parts for the mods though...

Rolex005.jpg

Rolex004.jpg

Rolex002.jpg

Rolex001.jpg

CIMG5978.jpg

That's all folks...Hope you guys like thme... :drinks:

Edited by tutima

My best three are

IMG_1280.jpg

The 16610 modded by Omega.

OMEGASUB3.jpg

The 1680 modded by Omega an Tribal

tentjeV.jpg

The 1665 DRSD by the mystery modder

closeup1665.jpg

and the 4th and 5th ( couldn't let them out of this overview )

111H by Tourby

IMG_0936.jpg

Tourbyrocks.jpg

PAM 036

IMG_2353.jpg

Thanks for looking

Cats

Requests in for:

kruzer00, JoJo35, Avitt, Eunomians, TwoTone, Admin, thomasng, watcher, torresp, chieftang, toadtorrent, Nikki6, sql_pl, pizzanooo, Tanfoglio, PowerShot, Stephane, Pix, OSrep

dluddy - PAMs, dluddy - "the others", robertk, jmarin.72, freddy333, hackR, ubiquitous, Lanikai, MasterOfPuppets, By-Tor, The Zigmeister, fxrAndy, HikeUSA, nanuq, Tribal, pugwash, redwatch, Valerian, Bazz, Tutima, Cats, richard lawton

PLEASE NOTE: