When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's this? A package from Ubi!

P4GTR

I went to the mailbox and what do I find waiting for me? Why there lyes a package, and it is from Ubi!

I love getting packages. This package is special and wouldn't be photo worthy if it didn't include Ubi's famous marble countertop background style picture...

IMG_1908.jpg

Man that adhesive they use to close the lid is sticky business. A padded envelope inside the box, Ubi's protective nature?

IMG_1909.jpg

Amidst a thick wad of bubble wrap, I find a hard ticking nucleus. after a little more unwrapping.. Behold!

Ulysee Nardin Maxi Marine Chronometer

IMG_1885R.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

What started as me looking for ONE SCREW for a UN bracelet, turned into my friend Ubi sending me this awesome gift. We have so many generous members belonging to this great community, but this is the most feel-good experience I've had personally bestowed on me. It's one thing to have a friend give you a watch, but to get a watch you really like from a friend out of pure kindness? What can you say about that?

IMG_1888.jpg

One of you guys posted a picture of your roman numeral MMC a while ago and It's been on my short list ever since.

The functional power reserve is a nice touch. The watch wears comfortably and has a classic handsome presence.

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

Not too long ago, Ubi posted his white faced MMD for sale. If you've been around RWG long enough, you know good deals don't last more than minutes sometimes. I was the first one to the thread, and was 99% ready to stake my claim, but I have taken in a few watches lately, and I'm getting married in a few weeks. Another watch wasn't in the cards. A minute or two later, the watch was claimed by another member. HackR, probably, that guy buys everything. Maybe Redwatch?

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

So was it fate? I don't know. I begged and pleaded with him not to send me a watch, but he held a E-gun to my head and tortured my home address out of me. I am very honored to have a gift bestowed upon me by one of, if not the coolest guy on the boards. Ubi, thank you is just not enough!

This is a watch that will never leave my personal collection. :drinks:

IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

Oooh! Looks like it even fits rather well! We must have similar sized wrists?

Glad to see this watch go to a good home, my friend! It wasn't having a very pleasurable time in my collection collecting all that dust and what not. At least I know it's in good hands with you, D!

Cheers and enjoy...

//ubi

thats a real nice story, and ubi is a great guy realy and its nice to see that friendship between this watch, i think that says more then the watch only :)

his generosity is realy awsome..i had problems with my pam when i recievd it and he offered me his help immediatly, without any asking...and thats alone makes him a real cool guy :) and the cool thing here is that RWG is stacked with guys like him, and i think thats makes the magic that is in the air of RWG.

so congrats to you P4GTR, its a real nice watch and great pics too, enjoy your new watch looks realy good on you :)

and ubi you are a great guy, thank you for being here :)

Not too long ago, Ubi posted his white faced MMD for sale. If you've been around RWG long enough, you know good deals don't last more than minutes sometimes. I was the first one to the thread, and was 99% ready to stake my claim, but I have taken in a few watches lately, and I'm getting married in a few weeks. Another watch wasn't in the cards. A minute or two later, the watch was claimed by another member. HackR, probably, that guy buys everything. Maybe Redwatch?

it was actually me who stole this one from ubi. lol. congratulations to the very generous ubi and you, the new owner. thanks for posting!

Agrippa sent me a screw from Norway! RWG is incredible.. Admin team, too. Can't find a friendlier bunch of guys anywhere online.

Wheaton, it was you, thats right!!

Ubi, thanks again. :) Fits perfectly after micro-adjusting out one notch. You have small wrists my man!

I won a savage strap on RWI last week. The forums have been really good to me lately. It's a humbling feeling.

Great feel good story and a beautiful watch :group:

Ubi you are a very generous and great guy, I always see you offering help to just about every post. A very valued member in this great community to be sure.

This place is so different to every other forum I frequent which is usually full of flaming and abuse. Never thought such a friendly place like this could exist on the web.

Edited by opti